It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No friend of the military serviceman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by nyeff
So what is your point? Clinton did the same thing and he was/is a draft dodger. Of course the president is going to be on or around various military vehicles,ships and so forth.

yeah, but you never saw Clinton pretending to be a war hero in a flight suit. (That was the most ridiculous and most embarrassing thing I ever saw)

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It is not logical in an argument over Bush's performance as president to compare him with Clinton. Neither of them is a role model for anybody.

FLYING REPTOID

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hmm, Colonel ain't going to like those pictures.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Clinotn wasn't wearing a flight suit but a flight jacket. Everyone knew he wasn't impersonating a pilot.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bush wasn't impersonating either - he is after all a pilot.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Look, the photo op was gratuitous as is everything that charlatan does. He doesn't stand for American. He doesn't stand for the military men. Just admit it!

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So your point is wearing half a flight suit(jacket)is ok,but wearing the whole suit isn't.
Please tell me you can come up with something better than this.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ok, now you're just pising me off. Bush war the flight suit to pretend to be a war hero pilot. That's how he came off. Clinton wore the flight JACKET just to do so.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Photos posted earlier above is a flight suit.

Flight jacket.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
See they all wore Flight JACKETS but not Bush. In any event, this distracts from the main theme that he DOESN'T support the troops---by his cutting verteans benefits, cutting monies for pay raises for military men and military housing while singing their praises in EVERY speech.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
admit what? That a majority of Americans supported his war decision, admit that he has a high approval rating? admit that the military supports him? Admit that your team has gotten too liberal for the American people? Admit that the GOP controls the House, Senate, and WH?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
(Thought you had the Colonel over a barrel, didn't ya. Don't bet on it.)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't know why I'm bothering but here it goes anyway.

When you fly in a military jet there is this thing under your butt called an ejection seat.
Repeat after me, Colonel: E.. J.. E.. C.. T.. I.. O.. N.. S.. E.. A.. T..
very good.
Now try to get this through your skull
The flight suit is made to strap you into this seat so that IF you need to eject you stay connected to the seat and the parachute attached to it. Not to mention the inflatable parts and other measures included (shark repellant, signal flares ect.)Its called safety regulations.

Having a seat belt in your car will not save you if you don't use it. Same here but at 25,000 ft and I would guess around 600 MPH.

I swear, some people are just grasping for anything they can find to demonize Bush. He may not be the best president ever but he's hardly the worst.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
admit what? That a majority of Americans supported his war decision, admit that he has a high approval rating? admit that the military supports him? Admit that your team has gotten too liberal for the American people? Admit that the GOP controls the House, Senate, and WH?

Americans supported the deciosn b/c they were LIED to. His hi approval raiting is in the hi 50s and falling. Too liberal? No, your repugnant meida mionions have characterized us in an evil light. I hate Barbera Streisand but being that I'm a Dem I must like her. Not true. Another repugnant lie.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
I don't know why I'm bothering but here it goes anyway.

When you fly in a military jet there is this thing under your butt called an ejection seat.
Repeat after me, Colonel: E.. J.. E.. C.. T.. I.. O.. N.. S.. E.. A.. T..
very good.
Now try to get this through your skull
The flight suit is made to strap you into this seat so that IF you need to eject you stay connected to the seat and the parachute attached to it. Not to mention the inflatable parts and other measures included (shark repellant, signal flares ect.)Its called safety regulations.

Having a seat belt in your car will not save you if you don't use it. Same here but at 25,000 ft and I would guess around 600 MPH.

I swear, some people are just grasping for anything they can find to demonize Bush. He may not be the best president ever but he's hardly the worst.

What was the purpose of him being in the jet in the first place when it was unnecessary?.....And he is the worst president ever. (I never thought I would see it my lifetime)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiStErBeLLaTrIx
Clinton in Flight Suit

Clinton In Flight Jacket

Youre just doing this to irritate me, aren't you?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Was he supposed to swim to the carrier?

Yeah, I know the old "he could have taken a helicopter" line. Guess what, Helicopters are much more expensive to operate than a small jet. Look it up.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What he could have done--the decent thing--is to just let those servicemen go home instead of looking for the next photo op.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join