It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No friend of the military serviceman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If you want to call Bush a jerk,that is fine,its your choice and you are free to do so.(your wrong
)
Now I wonder would you have posted this if it was Clinton or a future dem President? Or would you have responded the same we have and say its no big deal.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
And BTW, it wasn't the Salt Lake Tribune, per se, writing the story you linked to - it's just an opinion letter sent in by a reader. As opposed to a news story written by a reporter.

Perhaps not wise of them to not fact check - but you taking that as gospel w/ out doing the same isn't all that intelligent either. What other liberal lies have you bought into? and perhaps you're starting to see the light, my friend.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Bob88]

Ok, see, listen, I just didn;t have time to check the resources. I admit the error (somehting a republican could never do).

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Clinton is no longer president and I believe that you republicans should finally leave the man alone. Haven't you all done enough? Don't you all have any decency? You don't see us Dems blasting Reagan or Bush 1?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Clinton is no longer president and I believe that you republicans should finally leave the man alone. Haven't you all done enough? Don't you all have any decency? You don't see us Dems blasting Reagan or Bush 1?

How so Colonel?!? Everytime the word gets out of a Democrat gathering, the 'man', Clinton, has a uncanny ability (see X-Men) to be there?!? Huh!? The 'man' has even made mention of running again one day.....not!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would be happy to debate either Reagan or Bush I, Colonel. Feel free to 'blast' Reagan or Bush! Or shall I say 'try to blast'?

As far as Clinton, I refuse to leave him, Hillary, or any Clintonite alone until they remove themselves from politics, stop ruining this country, and stop destroying the DNC. How's that? Fair enough? (heck, here I am looking out for YOUR once wonderful party - it's much better w/ out Clinton)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
WHO GIVES A RATS ARSE!

The division is exactly whats causeing the problem. The government is able to play both sides, and by playing the majority of ignorant people, those behind the government will continue to prevail. Don't label people as Dem or Rep. Because in the end, both parties don't ever see what they were promised.

We don't have to play thier game, but they have to play ours if they want the votes. I still don't see why any of you insist on argueing over something so trivial...

Everyone knows how the President should be. The best person for President is one who don't want the position. Someone who will have himself surounded by poeple who will keep him far from the scandals of Political espionage. Come together and create a "NEW" party, a party that will represent what the people want, and not what some RICH person Playing VIP wants.

Or have you all forgotten that the Government is sposed to do what "WE THE PEOPLE" want it to do, and not the other way around?

Vote for your future, vote for a proven American.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   

That was not an answer to my question,that was a dodge. If a dem did the same,would you have posted it and try to blast them?
I will not leave either Bill or Hitlary alone. They are a danger to America.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
holy sh!t, batman, what a mud-slinging contest. There are more anatomically correct terms, but they aren't exactly correct for public use. I am a serviceman, and I certainly didn't join for the money. I'll admit that my recruiter did et me an excellent enlistment bonus package, but I would have joined regardless. The same goes for the majority of my colleagues. I think its a terrible system we have set up for military retirees, a thin pension and poor medical attention for men and women who faithfully served their country. But the simple fact is that The retired militay members still have it better off (in most cases) than those citizens on SS, which is bound to turn belly-up shortly. And our CIC has done far more good for the military in his term than bad. We can't have everything we want, on either side of the fence. In exchange for all the good he has done for us(including visiting the troops, something that seems to be an underestimated gift.)I am willing to accept the collateral damage of painful policy decisions.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
WHO GIVES A RATS ARSE!

The division is exactly whats causeing the problem. The government is able to play both sides, and by playing the majority of ignorant people, those behind the government will continue to prevail. Don't label people as Dem or Rep. Because in the end, both parties don't ever see what they were promised.

We don't have to play thier game, but they have to play ours if they want the votes. I still don't see why any of you insist on argueing over something so trivial...

Everyone knows how the President should be. The best person for President is one who don't want the position. Someone who will have himself surounded by poeple who will keep him far from the scandals of Political espionage. Come together and create a "NEW" party, a party that will represent what the people want, and not what some RICH person Playing VIP wants.

Or have you all forgotten that the Government is sposed to do what "WE THE PEOPLE" want it to do, and not the other way around?

Vote for your future, vote for a proven American.

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments Advisor....but when was the last time you saw a President or Presidential candidate that was actually 100% "For The People"? Better yet, when was the last time we had a president that did 100%, better yet, 75%, of what "We The People" wanted?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Clinotn wasn't wearing a flight suit but a flight jacket. Everyone knew he wasn't impersonating a pilot.

But, Bush is a pilot.

Don't knock impersonations, anyway. Clinton didn't have the majority fooled, but he fooled enough to get to play a president in real life.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Play presidential??????? Are you on crack? You never stop knockin this guy.

He brought us unheard of prosperity and you knock him. He brought us the lowest unemployment in our nation's history and you knock him. He brought welfare reform and you knock him. The world loved him and America and you knock him. He brought hope and you knock him.

Now, all we have is misery, fear, world animosity and you herald Bush as some kind of statesman. What the hell kinda Twillight Zone is this?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff

That was not an answer to my question,that was a dodge. If a dem did the same,would you have posted it and try to blast them?
I will not leave either Bill or Hitlary alone. They are a danger to America.

No, I wouldn't post it because I expect you would. (Ok, I might if it were Lieberman)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
WTF??!! Was told you were banned. YES! Now I get to discuss politics with a cranky democrat w/ a chewed up cigar in his mouth.WOO!

Ok, that was a bit weird, but its been a long day. I have to agree with the Colonel on that point, at least. For the mos part, America was happy with Clinton's job. And although he did terrible things to our military, he kept us out of any major conflicts, and left office with an enourmous budget surplus as part of his legacy. But, Colonel, I still believe that Bush, Jr. is doing a god job keeping his wits about him, for an uneducated trigger happy buffoon.(OK, there was a little sarcasm, but he is trigger happy.)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

He brought us unheard of prosperity and you knock him. He brought us the lowest unemployment in our nation's history and you knock him. He brought welfare reform and you knock him. The world loved him and America and you knock him. He brought hope and you knock him.

Now, all we have is misery, fear, world animosity and you herald Bush as some kind of statesman. What the hell kinda Twillight Zone is this?

How exactly did HE bring prosperity with a Republican congress. Clinton does not= The Government.

He only brought misery and the feeling of utter defeat to americans who harkened for a day that did not see our legacy of decency, honorableness and basic truth telling besmirched.

Bush may not be the silver tongue devil clinton is, but I'll take someone who at least has a shred of honesty in his bones. Clinton cared about himself. Hitlary cares about herself. Poor Chelsea is a mess-no wonder.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

How exactly did HE bring prosperity with a Republican congress. Clinton does not= The Government.

He only brought misery and the feeling of utter defeat to americans who harkened for a day that did not see our legacy of decency, honorableness and basic truth telling besmirched.

Bush may not be the silver tongue devil clinton is, but I'll take someone who at least has a shred of honesty in his bones. Clinton cared about himself. Hitlary cares about herself. Poor Chelsea is a mess-no wonder.

Seriously, stop drinking the Koolaid. Its not good for you. We have an all republican administration from top- down and look at the mess we're in. What is the difference between now and then? Nothing but for President Clinton.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hey Darkhowling.

Is Yale an acredited university?

If Cliton emaciated our military ( I served under RaYgun) so well, do you think this affects the next presidents ability to defend and attack our enenmies? Do you think this puts pressure on the budget in the long run?

Just askin'

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhowling
WTF??!! Was told you were banned. YES! Now I get to discuss politics with a cranky democrat w/ a chewed up cigar in his mouth.WOO!

Ok, that was a bit weird, but its been a long day. I have to agree with the Colonel on that point, at least. For the mos part, America was happy with Clinton's job. And although he did terrible things to our military, he kept us out of any major conflicts, and left office with an enourmous budget surplus as part of his legacy. But, Colonel, I still believe that Bush, Jr. is doing a god job keeping his wits about him, for an uneducated trigger happy buffoon.(OK, there was a little sarcasm, but he is trigger happy.)

Well, I'm still here and have cultivated a healthy crew of enemies but, hey, that's par for the course. Whatever.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Hey Darkhowling.

Is Yale an acredited university?

If Cliton emaciated our military ( I served under RaYgun) so well, do you think this affects the next presidents ability to defend and attack our enenmies? Do you think this puts pressure on the budget in the long run?

Just askin'

Clinton emacipated our military? Isn't this the same military Bush used to crush Iraq? Oh, that must be the Twilight Zone military that I was seeing.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The only koolaid I drank was in the early nineties after Bush1. That is the second time you've said that............

You brought up the Past. I merely gave my take on your beloved president.

I will refrain from personally attacking you since that is your forte.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhowling

Well, I'm still here and have cultivated a healthy crew of enemies but, hey, that's par for the course. Whatever.

"have cultivated a healthy crew of enemies..."

Colonel, friend....please....take yourself down off the cross!!

You have not made any enemies that I know of. You are voicing your thoughts and views; strongly perhaps, but hey......thats cool. I think most would agree on this. I would say your respected for those views and beliefs....it's just that many don't see it they way you do. Your cool though.
Respected by me....I know......sadly doesn't count for much, espceially in the eyes of the Democrats anyhoo.
But enemies??? No.

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join