It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No friend of the military serviceman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"Those servicemen" looked pretty happy and appreciative that thier commander in chief came out to visit them. As far as photo ops, look up a couple posts and there are a couple from your hero there as well....

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What were they supposed to do? Yell? Boo? C'mon now. And as for my hero, he never took the "photo op" after a war where the men were fighting and tired.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Col.

Nah just wanted to show that Dubya wore the same fashions as Bubba.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
the servicemen and women didn't seem to mind him being there, Colonel. Rather they seem to really enjoy having him onboard - it seemed like quite a treat for them based on their reaction.

I'll let those brave men and women decide!

If they liked having the President on their boat, after the longest carrier deployment in history and all that they have done and sacrificed - then who the heck are you to object???

If you can find evidence that the men and women on that carrier didn't want the President there I'd be interested in reading it - otherwise....

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
(Grinds cigar in teeth angrily)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here's a bone or should I say SPOON!?!?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
But see how you dodge the fact that he cut funds for the military? You all are real deceitful.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Ok, now you're just pising me off. Bush war the flight suit to pretend to be a war hero pilot. That's how he came off. Clinton wore the flight JACKET just to do so.

Well I'm all broken up about that. Are you mad because you are the only one that thinks this is a big deal? How do you know Bush was thinking he was hero? Probably for the same reasons Clinton or any other President did,they were on an aircraft carrier.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Skip the photo op. What answers do you have for this:

One of the most hypocritical sights I've ever seen was George W. Bush in full flight gear strutting around the deck of the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln at the end of the Iraq invasion. Given that he was AWOL from his National Guard post for over a year, Bush's actions were insulting to all former and present military personnel.
Now, according to The Army Times, we learn that the White House fought a proposal to double the $6,000 gratuity paid to families of troops who die on active duty, and it wants to roll back recent increases in monthly imminent-danger pay (from $225 to $150) and family-separation allowance (from $250 to $100) for troops getting shot at in combat zones.
The White House budget proposal for 2004 also cuts $1.5 billion of the $9.2 billion military construction request, ensuring that a lot of military housing will remain substandard. President Bush's fiscal year 2004 budget plan even proposes to cut Impact Aid funding by over $200 million, with the entire reduction to come from the portion designed to support the education of children of military personnel.
As hundreds of thousands of our sons and daughters are still in harm's way, his cuts are particularly offensive. Except for political show, President Bush is no friend of the military.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
But see how you dodge the fact that he cut funds for the military? You all are real deceitful.

Colonel, friend, I don't think anyone is dodging the fact he cut funds for the military. BTW, look at what is being spent on the military and you will see that it does, in fact, need some funding cuts....a whole lot of useless programs. HELLO?!?!

Your digging with a spoon instead of a shovel or maybe better, a backhoe.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Colonel, friend, I don't think anyone is dodging the fact he cut funds for the military. BTW, look at what is being spent on the military and you will see that it does, in fact, need some funding cuts....a whole lot of useless programs. HELLO?!?!

Your digging with a spoon instead of a shovel or maybe better, a backhoe.

regards
seekerof

You're not helping.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You make this so easy. Clinton did more damge to our military,than Bush could ever do. And destroyed our intel,wasted more money flying by helicopter from aircraft carrier to aircraft carrier. And to make matters worse,he had no clue on how to use the military he decimated. You know his military victory in Somllia.
Yes people that was sarcasim....

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What needs to be addresssed is the poor military pay and military housing---not photo ops.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
And Bush has cut both.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

What needs to be addresssed is the poor military pay and military housing---not photo ops.

Agreed, but all things come to those who wait. It is being addressed and has been an ongoing process for many, many years Colonel. You just can't make a wish and expect 'everything' to be done right then. Things take time. The issues you present are issues that every (!) president needed to address, just not Bush.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Agreed, but all things come to those who wait. It is being addressed and has been an ongoing process for many, many years Colonel. You just can't make a wish and expect 'everything' to be done right then. Things take time. The issues you present are issues that every (!) president needed to address, just not Bush.....

regards
seekerof

Understood but over 50% of the American budget goes to the military. Ya think we can find a few dollars for the serviceman? Just a few?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
and what would also be nice is if the Salt Lake Tribune could provide a link to the Army Times article to back up the claims.

I quote one particular article from the Army Times:
He expressed pride in the fact that, despite the budget shortfall, he was able to fully fund the Pentagon�s request for family housing. The bill includes 1,856 new or renovated family housing units for the Air Force, 1,070 for the Navy and Marine Corps and 823 for the Army, exactly what the Bush administration sought.

and
Among the projects that did not get funded: a $38 million Pentagon gym; a $9.3 million court facility at Bolling Air Force Base in Washington, D.C.; and the first phase of a $150 million school for officers at Fort Leavenworth, Kan.

So they put family housing for troops in front of a gym and officer school (for people that already have housing, no doubt)

MAKES SENSE TO ME!

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, if the Salt Lake Tribune made the mistake, you can't blame me. I was decieved. (Bush is still a jerk, tho)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
LOL, now thats rich.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
And BTW, it wasn't the Salt Lake Tribune, per se, writing the story you linked to - it's just an opinion letter sent in by a reader. As opposed to a news story written by a reporter.

Perhaps not wise of them to not fact check - but you taking that as gospel w/ out doing the same isn't all that intelligent either. What other liberal lies have you bought into? and perhaps you're starting to see the light, my friend.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Bob88]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join