It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Votes, 420-to-0, to Demand Public Release of Mueller Report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
NYTimes

In a second rebuke by fellow Republicans in the same day, the House votes with zero opposition for full release of Mueller report to the public and to the Congress, undermining the "which hunt" rhetoric that the White House still chooses to stick to.

“This report must see the light of day, must be available to the American public for a catharsis that will allow us to start with the facts, understand what happened and begin to rebuild the faith of the American people,” said Representative Jim Himes, Democrat of Connecticut and a senior member of the Intelligence Committee, which has undertaken its own Russia investigation.

424 representatives voted, 420 showed bipartisan support and 4 Republicans voted present. Not one person opposed it.

The four “present” votes came from two libertarians who routinely oppose such resolutions, Representatives Justin Amash of Michigan and Thomas Massie of Kentucky, and two ardent Trump loyalists, Representatives Matt Gaetz of Florida and Paul Gosar of Arizona.

You can't get any more bipartisan than unanimous. Every single representative, which means every single person that represents all of us who are talking right here, right now, wants this released to us.

There's some good news for all of us asking for transparency.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Neat.

House resolution. Too bad it carries no weight.

I'm hoping Congress gets to see it, let alone us folk.

edit on 3/14/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
NYTimes

In a second rebuke by fellow Republicans in the same day, the House votes with zero opposition for full release of Mueller report to the public and to the Congress, undermining the "which hunt" rhetoric that the White House still chooses to stick to.

“This report must see the light of day, must be available to the American public for a catharsis that will allow us to start with the facts, understand what happened and begin to rebuild the faith of the American people,” said Representative Jim Himes, Democrat of Connecticut and a senior member of the Intelligence Committee, which has undertaken its own Russia investigation.

424 representatives voted, 420 showed bipartisan support and 4 Republicans voted present. Not one person opposed it.

The four “present” votes came from two libertarians who routinely oppose such resolutions, Representatives Justin Amash of Michigan and Thomas Massie of Kentucky, and two ardent Trump loyalists, Representatives Matt Gaetz of Florida and Paul Gosar of Arizona.

You can't get any more bipartisan than unanimous. Every single representative, which means every single person that represents all of us who are talking right here, right now, wants this released to us.

There's some good news for all of us asking for transparency.

Perhaps they will change the law?
Congress can change doj procedures cant they?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The way I see it is if he thinks its a witch hunt and is so certain of his innocence he will want the report to be released because it will bear that out.
edit on 3142019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Congress can change doj procedures cant they?

Separation of powers, doncha know.

A new Special Counsel law would be needed. But it wouldn't work retroactively and good luck with that anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh so this is an attempt to change the rules while the game is still ongoing?

Hmmm....those grapes seem sour.

Edit:
Ironic congress wants to do what it says trump is doing with the national emergency act

edit on 14/3/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No.

It's a resolution from the House. It is legally meaningless.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You're such a roody poo, but you are right. This really means nothing, unfortunately. I have my doubts that any congressperson gets a glimpse at the report.

Such an enormous waste of tax dollars...
edit on 14-3-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Double post, sorry.

I LOVE YOU
edit on 14-3-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Lindsey seems to have blocked this in the senate.
Too bad.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I wonder what he's afraid of.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Perhaps he supports seperation of powers?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Apparently not. He voted against the national emergency thing. You know, to stop the president from going against the law passed by Congress?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Didn't congress pass the national emergency act ?
I am confused?
Following the law is going against the law?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Yeah. It's complicated.
Congress said don't spend money on the wall. President said neener neener, I'm gonna.

It's supposed to be Congress what says where the money goes.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

In a second rebuke by fellow Republicans in the same day,

I love how the New York Slimes is always so impartial.

Trump doesn't have a lot of "fellow" Republicans.

He has a Democratic party full of Progressives and a Republican party that is trying to get rid of Progressives, but many are still there.

A "Rebuke" of his national emergency would have been a veto-proof vote.

It wasn't... it was just congress-critters posturing for their next primaries because they knew that he would veto so they could make political hay with it since it won't go through Congress again with the needed 67 votes.

As far as the "Bueller Report" goes, let's hope everyone gets to see it.

Then let's go from there.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. It's complicated.
Congress said don't spend money on the wall. President said neener neener, I'm gonna.

So congress didn't pass the national emergency act?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Apparently not. He voted against the national emergency thing. You know, to stop the president from going against the law passed by Congress?

How exactly is Trump going against the Emergency Powers Act passed BY congress?

Inquiring minds would like to know... have a citation on that?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yeah. It's complicated.

You mean like exactly how Obama moved money around that wasn't allocated with the Dream act?

edit on 14-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I do not think that Meullers report should all be made public. Some parts can, as long as it does not jeopardize national security or cause undue hardship with other countries we are allied with. I am sure there could be some influential people in other governments with their names on that report and it could be misinterpreted by their people. What is in that report goes well into the presidency, there could be classified information on it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join