It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School boy forfeits wrestling match because of his Christian beliefs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yeah, uhhh. . . no.

Boy made the right decision.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Hmmm...nope, face reality for a moment: for better or for worse, men are much much physically stronger than women.

Wait, what? Dude, no. Same weight class, same rules.

Here, Gender differences in strength and muscle fiber characteristics..

Differences yes, it's called testosterone and estrogen. But the same weight class ? I don't know, shorty was ranked like 4 or 5 in her state. Hows that for someone significantly weaker and slower? She nice wit it.

Edit: And there is this. Exactly How Strong Are Female Bodybuilders Compared To Men?. Now that has some factual information about body strength.
edit on 10-3-2019 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I had a match against a girl at the high school sections tournament. Although not very feminine she was a very good wrestler. No guy wants to be overwhelmed by a women in a physical dispute. And the issue of respecting boundaries was real. Even if she Had voluntarily entered a match and sport in which she knew traditional lines were to be crossed, it is a sport originally designated for men.

Respect his decision? Completely.

But that's just him. The gal entered the sport of her own free will. Although slightly morally conflicting, I see nothing wrong with taking the match and going all out, just as one would against any other opponent.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Hmmm...nope, face reality for a moment: for better or for worse, men are much much physically stronger than women.

Differences yes, it's called testosterone and estrogen. But the same weight class ? I don't know, shorty was ranked like 4 or 5 in her state. Hows that for someone significantly weaker and slower? She nice wit it.

No, from your own source:
"The women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively. The men were also stronger relative to lean body mass."

E.g., for the same mass, men have more muscle.

Truly unreal that we now have to explain reality to rabid, insane feminists....
edit on 10-3-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

"Truly unreal that we now have to explain reality to rabid, insane feminists...."

It really does make discussions hard when some people just don't accept facts, it really is unreal.

Only going to get worse by the way things are looking.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Competition is for babies. Grow up. You clearly have no Spock in you, dummy.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You have reading comprehension probs man. I'm going to quote myself here, wipe the foam from your screen...

There, i bolded the whole thing so my point stands out. My point is that in the same weight class, your argument is moot. Because the science tells us that at the same weight class, she's going to be faster and tire less.

How's that for a feminist?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The country ought to do away with segregation based on sex in sports all together. One side of this silly dispute will eventually get what they want with out the need for drawn out social unrest.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
a reply to: MisterSpock

Competition is for babies. Grow up. You clearly have no Spock in you, dummy.

Welllll !

That setlles it !

When FACTS become unbearable, Fluke just calls for eliminating the competition in the first place, and doubles down with
ad hominem cheap shots against the bearer of bad news from reality.

Und Ze Party hast Made ZE decision - Ze Feminists ARe ZE Master Race ! Ze Facts be damned Ach !

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You have reading comprehension probs man. I'm going to quote myself here, wipe the foam from your screen...

There, i bolded the whole thing so my point stands out. My point is that in the same weight class, your argument is moot. Because the science tells us that at the same weight class, she's going to be faster and tire less.

How's that for a feminist?

Projection issues .

You are the one with reading comprehension issues.

Re-read your own reference, slower:
"The men were also stronger relative to lean body mass."

E.g. for two competitors in the same weight class, say 70Kg, the 70kg male will have more muscle mass than the 70 kg female.

Humans evolved that way - body fat stores around hips and chest on females came about because of reproduction.

As to your second argument about females being faster and tire less, in every single sports record in any domain since record keeping began, male speed records are always better than female.
Q.E.D.

You are living in a fantasy world.

Sorry if reality offends you.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Admittedly, I have wrestled against men. It is extreme. For me...it is power and control adrenaline rush. The men...first time feel their erogenous hormones kick in...until I win. Then they wisen up and hold up longer...turning blue and purple in a leg or arm lock around their neck, refusing to tap out. Sadly, my female concern will kick in before they pass out and that weakens me.

All and all, even to this day, my husband and I will need a week to recover...but it is extremely erotic. Being we are married... We would get a pass... My hubby would be insanely jealous if I did this with his buddies.

I will give this kid a pass here and say 'kudos!'. Religion or not...it is a no win for a boy in our sport society.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Everything is black and white here, right? So might as well abide...

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

"The women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively. The men were also stronger relative to lean body mass."

it is unreal that this has to be explained to people, and after it is explained, it is still ignored because reasons.
edit on pm33201919America/Chicago10p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Everything is black and white here, right? So might as well abide...

With respect to science and REALITY, yes !

Shock!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: M5xaz

it is unreal that this has to be explained to people, and after it is explained, it is still ignored because reasons.

...because, reasons, because I saw it in a Marvel comic book movie or CNN so it must be true...sniifff...otherwise...snifff..

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Why would you see that as a weak cop out? People pretty much do as they want these days, so why nit pick over this boys decision not to wrestle a girl? That popular womens rights quote 'My body my choice'. Shouldn't this apply to Males as well?

edit on 10-3-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It's a psychological hit. Men are told their entire lives not to hit Women for 'any' reason, and to respect them. But then they're coerced into fighting them and if they don't, they are made to feel unworthy and weak as human beings by creepy people.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
The country ought to do away with segregation based on sex in sports all together. One side of this silly dispute will eventually get what they want with out the need for drawn out social unrest.

No, they should keep gender segregation in sports but create a specific neutral third gender sport all on its own. That way competitors KNOW what they are signing up for and competing against. It would also assist in alleviating the disputes against transgender athletes. Pro Men, Women, and Neutral championships would be a lot more respectful and interesting.

Edit add: if you sign up to compete, you know what you agreed to.
Actual Men vs men
Actual Women vs women
Let's get wild! It is a smorgasbord Borg of absolutely crazy!

edit on 3 10 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Any girl who get in a wrestling mat, is that her way of giving consent to have ass or boobs grabbed? Is that consent to having been motor boated?

Those actions have a high pliability to happen, so would that be sexual assault?

Look at what some high school and college girls have called sexual assume. Play believe all women crazy crowd....why would a guy want to risk it.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

a reply to: JAGStorm

Even though he's Christian, maybe he remembered his penis is Satanic and he was afraid of getting a stiffy during the match? Seems the most likely reason why he bowed out.

my first thought remembering back when I was 14 doing Jiu-Jitsuand sparing with girls was embarrassing not the win or loss but umm nature telling me I'm doing it wrong u know

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join