It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School boy forfeits wrestling match because of his Christian beliefs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I’ve wrestled women, kayfabe

Although it’s a very enjoyable experience I definitely didn’t go grabbing their [snip] or purposely groping their tits etc. and vice versa with their hands on me.

Hands do touch places but that’s just wrestling. Just be adult about it and concentrate on the show. It’s not about sexualisation.

That said, if they ask me to wrestle a woman again, I won’t say no.
edit on 13-3-2019 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
a reply to: M5xaz

Everything is black and white here, right? So might as well abide...

With respect to science and REALITY, yes !

Shock!!!

A perfect example of what I'm talking about is that fact that my post calling Spock a dummy (obviously a joke because Spock is supposed to be super smart), was deleted by this site. It's a terrible reality that not even an obvious joke can be deciphered by whoever is in control, so suppression occurs for no reason...and everyone has to suffer in the name of...trying not to offend someone?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

Everything is black and white here, right? So might as well abide...

With respect to science and REALITY, yes !

Shock!!!

A perfect example of what I'm talking about is that fact that my post calling Spock a dummy (obviously a joke because Spock is supposed to be super smart), was deleted by this site. It's a terrible reality that not even an obvious joke can be deciphered by whoever is in control, so suppression occurs for no reason...and everyone has to suffer in the name of...trying not to offend someone?

Just looked, post is still there.

You really are just off the rails and spouting randomness.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I'm a girl and I think these guys should wrestle girls and don't hold back. They should treat them as if they were wrestingling anyone else.

Hmmm...nope, face reality for a moment: for better or for worse, men are much much physically stronger than women.

If men were to "don't hold back" against women opponents, there would be a strong risk of injury for women.
That may not conform to feminist fantasy but it is reality, science, evolution, genetics and all that.

The boy did the right thing.

From the link

For such a physical sport, some males may express concerns over applying force on a female or pressing against a female opponent in the era of the #MeToo movement. But, Gallegos said, the concerns are a nonissue because she knows exactly what she's signing up for every time she steps up to the mat. In her hundreds of matches against guys, Gallegos said, she has never experienced those sorts of issues.

HUNDREDS of matches, no problems except for this dude.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I have a question for you, Jags. If this boy was Muslim and cited his religion as the reason for forfeiting the match, would you still say it was a cop out?

YES, absolutely.

If you can't play the sport like everyone else, pick another sport, maybe tennis?

But to your other question on why this is a cop out.
If he is really that "religious" he probably shouldn't be wrestling in the first place, but I guess it's easy
to pick and choose right?

"Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

edit on 10-3-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's a no win situation for the boy.

If he beats her the attitude would be so what? You beat a girl.

If he straight whoops her ass, he's a villain.

If he loses he's a laughing stock.

Whatever reason he gave, he did the right thing.

Yup, that is the problem with girls in physical sports competing against men. It puts the man in a no win situation.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Even though he's Christian, maybe he remembered his penis is Satanic and he was afraid of getting a stiffy during the match? Seems the most likely reason why he bowed out.

Well you might be a rapist. But seriously folks. He just doesn’t want to be aggressive towards girls. I think it would be appropriate to know what kind of lead he was up to this wrestling match To Make the appropriate judgment on the matter.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Using his religion is a cop out?
Having spent 3 years wrestling in school let me tell you something.
When you are rolling around on the mat chances are you and your opponents faces will end in each others crotch, butt, armpit, belly. neck - let's just say the whole anatomy is being pushed against each other in various ways. While straining most of the time I might add.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but sticking your face in someone's groin seems a tad personal to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

He blamed it on his religion. I personally think that is pretty weak cop out. Maybe he was scared of losing to a girl.
If he is really concerned on religious reasons, is it good to do those same moves with another boy? Really think about that.

So it's not OK to follow something you believe in?

Did you not think through that his religious beliefs might include that men and women are different?

I usually like your posts, but this one is not only a little off-base, I think it tells more about you than it does the boy in question.

Really think about that.

And it's sad that I have to say this every time I feel I have to point out that someone's religious convictions are allowed in the USA, no I am not Christian at all. Seems odd to me that as someone that follows a religion most people are not even aware of, Christians seem to be constantly under fire here.

edit on 10-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Jesus...what a weasle. Wrestled since I was 4 years old and there was always a unlucky girl that wanted to be a boy in Oregon. They would usually make it all of one season and then by districts they would be done. So please dont act like this is new...

Sounds like he was scared to me and used any bull..it reason to get out of the match...

Jesus...USA wrestling in Portland Oregon...i.e..snakes would of put her off the Matt ...meaning a pin, in less than a minute with no excuses.

Guess his Matt club has excuses?
edit on 10-3-2019 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

So you think it’s a cop out because he was willing to take the loss than be made to do something against his convictions?

Instead Of Wrestling A Girl, High Schooler Chooses To Forfeit State Wrestling Match

www.npr.org...

"I'm not really comfortable with a couple of things with wrestling a girl," Johnston told The Denver Post. "The physical contact, there's a lot of it in wrestling. And I guess the physical aggression too. I don't want to treat a young lady like that on the mat. Or off the mat. And not to disrespect the heart or the effort that she's put in. That's not what I want to do either."

Right or wrong.
He did what he thought was best for his own convictions, and took a loss for it.

If you are going to quote scripture, then please quote who judgement is reserved for.

edit on 10-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 10-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Definitely a cop out...

Sounds like he might want to find a another sport..

And before you get your panties in a wad ask yourself what the rest of the guys did in her weight group in there district...,?

My guess.....wrestled her!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

By the way, below is the young women’s response.

But while Gallegos said she respected his decision, she doesn't understand it.
www.npr.org...

So you have two young people that don’t quite understand each other, but respect each other’s convictions.

What dog do you have in this fight again?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kingsquirel

I didn’t know any individuals were here to follow your convictions over their own convictions.

If you feel so strongly on the subject, offer to wrestle the young lady.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sorry.

Boys wrestling girls is bad for two reasons. . . . .

Boobs.

/thread

#TruthBomb

boobs

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

a reply to: MisterSpock

Um, I'm going to call you a dummy again because the post where I called you a dummy the first time is NOT THERE, dummy.

I must be delusional, then, because I just saw it.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

You didn't see anything (a man in black).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join