It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born Again Christians believe only 144,000 people out of over 7,000,000,000 will be "saved"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Quoting Bible passages doesn't do much for me. The Bible was written by man for the most part to satisfy man and help men gain dominance over women. Most of the Bible is not truth. It is mortal man's decision on what the truth is. And....mortal men have been trying to tell the world what it means ever since.

This whole 144,000 people saved nonsense is just that, nonsense!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
144,000 witnesses will spread the gospel to millions during the tribulation

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

144,000 witnesses will spread the gospel to millions during the tribulation

And this means what?? Witnesses to what? Millions? Why not billions? What is tribulation? Why does the gospel need to be spread? I have faith. They won't need to spread anything on me.....

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I am a christian and The Bible states that more than 144,000 people will be saved, it plainly tells this. To anyone who wants to live an eternal everlasting life there is plenty of room. Don't believe the LIE that there will only be 144,000 people in eternity with God.

I would also like to address "born again" christians. This implies that there are at least two kinds of christians. Regular and born again. The term born again applies to the spirit of a man/woman which is dead when a person is born. When someone accepts Christ as their Savior for freedom from the sin penalty(death) the Holy Spirit enters the person and then performs the work of making their dead spirit comes alive(their spirit is born again) that is what the term means.

There is only one kind of christian, one who has been born again. There are people who claim the name of Christ but in reality are not, this is clearly taught in the Bible also. It is not for any person to determine this only God knows who truly has come to Him through Christ. A christian needs discernment when it comes to other people who claim the name of Christ but not judgement as to their eternal destination, that alone is God's job.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
I am a christian and The Bible states that more than 144,000 people will be saved, it plainly tells this. To anyone who wants to live an eternal everlasting life there is plenty of room. Don't believe the LIE that there will only be 144,000 people in eternity with God.

I would also like to address "born again" christians. This implies that there are at least two kinds of christians. Regular and born again. The term born again applies to the spirit of a man/woman which is dead when a person is born. When someone accepts Christ as their Savior for freedom from the sin penalty(death) the Holy Spirit enters the person and then performs the work of making their dead spirit comes alive(their spirit is born again) that is what the term means.

There is only one kind of christian, one who has been born again. There are people who claim the name of Christ but in reality are not, this is clearly taught in the Bible also. It is not for any person to determine this only God knows who truly has come to Him through Christ. A christian needs discernment when it comes to other people who claim the name of Christ but not judgement as to their eternal destination, that alone is God's job.

Great post!!!
Short, simple, and full of knowledge

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The 144,000 are in fact only "men" of the 12 tribes. If there are only Jews in current Israel, where are the other 'tribes"?

i believe that the teram isreal refers to all christians if im not mistaken, and if i am wrong go ahead and slap me

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I mean let's think, why would god create creatures who procreate and help create a new "Soul/sprit", and then destroy themsleves, wouldn't god make them somewhat apathatic to see where god is in the big panaramic global picture of the universe b4 god destroyed the world or whatever. Salvation isn't only through jesus or the church it's not a where/who you see it, it's why and when you NEED to SEE IT.

Note: I'm not an agnostic or atheists, buddhists, hindu, or "christan" per se, I just do the whole pray, repent, instinct try again thing. And yes, I have a strong moral code because of religous and philosphical studies.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

How could a hologram be tested for anything? A hologram isn't real. It's a projected image that could "appear" real, but how could anyone do tests on a hologram? That makes absolutely no sense whatr!

sorry im jumpin past 2 pages of msgs but im dyin to go bed lol

Interesting about the cloning and holgrams...

i think our knowledge of cloning and holograms is zero compared to the ancients... maybe holograms can be cloned and manipulated.. maybe our whole universe is a bio-logical hologram... like u see on star trek holo deck, lol

maybe jesus when on the cross was a holographic impression / clone wateva...

some dude dr malachi z york reckons the 144000 are goin to be taken by ufos and 'prepared' to come back 1000 'god years later' and fight the final battle...

1 day to us is a 1000 to 'god'..says the bible..? so like theyd be gone 1 day... on some planet obviously.. not in some spook heaven..

well i duno wat to believe i choose nothin ..

oh and plus they are supposed to be virgins dressed in white? duno if thats metaphor tho...

Also note how there is 1.44 MB on a floppy disc too?... duno wat that means.. but i know floppys are practically obsolete...

[edit on 113030p://130411 by info_junkee]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join