It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA approves ketamine-like nasal spray for depression

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Righto chap ! Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
As a mental health professional I decided to self-experiment and, well, I've just been using it.

And mmm...yup, yup, dat be da shizz right there.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: St0rD

Ketamine spray eh?

I predict a lot of poor souls crapping their pants. LoL

I am loathe to agree

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
As a mental health professional I decided to self-experiment and, well, I've just been using it.

And mmm...yup, yup, dat be da shizz right there.

Worst. Experience. Ever.

For some crazy reason, the ER doctors at this hospital in Queens gave me Ketamine as a kind of general anesthesia when I had dislocated my shoulder. I half think they maybe did it as a joke cuz the lead doc said, "You're gonna love this! People pay good money for it." as he put it in my IV.

I have a service related injury that means my left shoulder dislocates fairly often. I've sneezed once and it popped out!

So, that said, the standard procedure they do is dope you up on morphine, Dilaudid or Fentanyl, give you something to relax you like this super strong Diazapam type stuff (can't remember the name) and then put you out with what they like to call milk of amnesia (Propofol, yup... That Micheal Jackson stuff). You wake up and your shoulder is in a sling and they send you home with some pain meds. Easy Peasy.

Those bastards who gave me Ketamine... I'll never forgive them. I lived through some kind of weird nightmare in my head and I thought it was all real. And, it seemed to last forever. It was literally like hell and living every minute of every day there for what seemed like years. Still to this day, I get images from that night or dream similar dreams to what I experienced.

Some really bad stuff to mess around with. But maybe that's just me. One of the squad leaders in my platoon when I was a LT used to be a rave kid and he said he liked it. He's dead now though.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Yes this is exactly why I've always avoided any drugs that cause hallucinations / tripping. It just sounds awful and unhelpful and not fun.

My most similar experience was with salvia and the confusion, blindness, numbness, voices in the mind etc. was just terrible. Just as I expected, lol.

That's my real problem with this idea. There's the risk of sending people out of their minds.

Whereas smoking some MJ will definitely NOT do such things, and it will usually make a person feel relaxed and happy.

I just don't see why K. would be considered for desperate, suffering people. I wouldn't want to try it on my best day lol.
edit on 15-3-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

This explains a lot.....

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

This explains a lot.....

It explains a lot about YOU... that you think it explains a lot LOL!!

In case I wasn't clear above: I tried salvia about 10 years ago, and I experimented with it for about a month.

Its effects last about 2 minutes. So no, it has nothing to do with anything after its effects wore off, after 2 minutes, a decade ago.

Salvia is also 100% natural, it's simply a plant that is chopped up, and sold in tobacco shops, 100% legal. So as awful as its effects are for 2 minutes, it's also really not going to have effects that last longer than 2 minutes.

You might have also missed the part where I said I've always avoided all drugs that actually cause harm against oneself, and which cause real hallucinations / tripping / lasting effects. And I'm glad, and actually proud of that.

But oldcarpy, since you are sitting at your desk and thinking about me lol, and you're interested in my experience with a natural plant, 10 yrs ago...

Oldcarpy, I think that brings the topic onto YOUR drug experience history, please? What drug experiences have you tried, in your life?

Please tell us!!

...Judging by your rather miserable personality, I'm guessing that your drug experiences are limited to... alcohol? Am I right? It would explain why you seem so limited to such a miserable personality lol.

Have you tried anything beyond alcohol? How about tobacco, which is another miserable drug? Anything else? The world wants to know about you and ur drug history.

Please don't chicken out, this is your topic now, lol.

Did you ever try a drug that was actually pleasant, and broke you out of your miserable personality?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

But oldcarpy, since you are sitting at your desk and thinking about me lol, and you're interested in my experience with a natural plant, 10 yrs ago...

That's three things in one sentence that you are wrong about.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

That's three things in one sentence that you are wrong about.

Wow, it took you 3 days to brainstorm for that one sentence reply?

If I'm wrong that you sit at a desk, to use the internet, then that's just irrelevant. You're obviously using the internet, and it doesn't matter if you stand up and access the web on your phone, or whatever.

But what I AM right about is that you're thinking about me and my experience trying a product sold in a cigarette store, a decade ago.

So please, engage your own topic now, and tell us your own experience with drugs, OK?

Judging by your response, you've never tried salvia. OK, so what drugs have you ever tried?

I'm guessing oldcarpy has limited his experience to only... alcohol and tobacco, right?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Not really, I have a life, you see.

I have no interest in indulging you in a pointless conversation about semantics (again)and matters that are none of your business anyway, thank you very much.

I will leave you to argue with yourself.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Not really, I have a life, you see.

I have no interest in indulging you in a pointless conversation about semantics (again)and matters that are none of your business anyway, thank you very much.

I will leave you to argue with yourself.

There's no semantics involved. And it's your own conversation. You made a vaguely sarcastic, insulting remark about me trying a product from a cigarette shop.

Which brings the conversation around to you. I just want to understand your attitude against people who try products sold in cigarette shops?

We can't take your attitude seriously without knowing your own background on the topic that you have commented on.

I'll cut to the chase, and point out that it's not an accomplishment that you've avoided trying any substances that might have uplifted you out of your perpetual mind-state of misery, sarcasm, belligerence, pettiness.

And if you have tried any substances at all, it would obviously be limited to miserable drugs like alcohol and cigarettes, which have only reinforced your miserable personality lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Look, please get this through your skull: I have no interest in your pointless, semantically obsessed dribblings.

Go troll somewhere else.

Good. Bye.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Look, please get this through your skull: I have no interest in your pointless, semantically obsessed dribblings.

Go troll somewhere else.

Good. Bye.

There's absolutely no semantics involved. It's your topic, insulting people who tried products sold in cigarette shops.

Your own topic begs the question of what substances you've been experienced with, yourself? Just so we could take your input more seriously?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

There you go again, making stuff up. I did not insult anyone.

Please change your username to something more like your posting style - "Pointlesslyargumentativeforthesakeofitand makingstuffuppete", perhaps?

Anyway, I am off. Not. Interested.

Good. Day. To. You.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

There you go again, making stuff up. I did not insult anyone.

Please change your username to something more like your posting style - "Pointlesslyargumentativeforthesakeofitand makingstuffuppete", perhaps?

Anyway, I am off. Not. Interested.

Good. Day. To. You.

Well whether I’m making stuff up ur not, is plainly visible in this very small thread.

And it’s amazing that you won’t explain ur own background better, so we could understand ur own comments better.

Vaguely insulting people who have tried products from a cigarette store, obviously begs for ur own experiences to be shared.

Refusing shows cowardice and shows that you really don’t have substance behind your posts.

So at least we’ve learned that.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

May I suggest that you go away and read this site's T&C's, specifically 16 e?

Run along now, there's a good chap.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

May I suggest that you go away and read this site's T&C's, specifically 16 e?

Run along now, there's a good chap.

May I suggest that you go report this thread for violating the site's T&C's, if that's what you really believe?

I wonder if I'll get banned for acknowledging how your input to this thread shows "cowardice and shows that you really don’t have substance behind your posts."

edit on 19-3-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

May I suggest that you go report this thread for violating the site's T&C's, if that's what you really believe?

Not the thread, you. I have not reported it - I am not a grass.

your input to this thread shows "cowardice and shows that you really don’t have substance behind your posts."

Only in your head....

Now, Goodbye. So long. Farewell.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join