It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA approves ketamine-like nasal spray for depression

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

''"Because of [safety] concerns, the drug will only be available through a restricted distribution system and it must be administered in a certified medical office where the health care provider can monitor the patient
Depending on the severity of the patient's depression, it is given either once a week or once every other week ''

In clinical trials, six patients who were taking the drug died, three from suicide, but FDA background materials reviewed by the advisory committee that recommended approval last month said, "It is difficult to consider these deaths as drug-related."

FDA approves ketamine-like nasal spray for depression

Control. Control. Control.
Money. Money. Money.

This is only what I can get out of this news.
People could be taught that a good moderated use of Cannabis oil could also help cure depression, even without all of the possible incapaciting drug side-effects presented in the article. No, of course they can't be taught that because then, they would also have to know that psilocybin a chemical present in the so-called 'Magic Mushrooms', could also do the same trick as their laboratory man-made drug. But this time, without the cost of 650$-885$ per treatment session and the dependancy on the system that provides it.

I guess we should not talk about '___', or Ayahuasca, or anything that comes directly from Mother Nature for that matter, because then we would also have to talk about their mind-opening properties about the true nature of our reality and their high potential for a one-time use cure to depression.
Instead, we will stay blind to the fact that every good natural drug out there are completely illegal while every other dangerous ones are totally fine. We will close our eyes to the irony of this stupid society and system we (*they) built around us, with its ''''just'''' laws, and we will consume the drugs that are artificially made for us in order to feel better.

Nothing to see here folks! Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a dissociative to cure depression ... well if you say so

think I would have to pass myself doing that class of drug on any kind of regular basis will make you go insane

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Ketamine spray eh?

I predict a lot of poor souls crapping their pants. LoL

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Well said.

I believe the tide is turning in this area but it is a slow turn and could take 5 years or so before things have changed dramatically.

An awake population will demand it. An awake population armed with the second amendment will enforce it.

When the public wake up to Big Pharma's true history, there will be an epic backlash.

P

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

the true nature of our reality

I'm curious what you believe this to be?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You and the rest of Humanity in general.

Then again should we ever become privy to the true nature of our reality i imagine existence may become somewhat tedious to bear.
edit on 6-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

the true nature of our reality

I'm curious what you believe this to be?

The true nature of our reality is so #ed up that if you were to stumble on it all by accident, you would never believe it.

'Reality is stranger than fiction' doesn't come from nowhere.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

my instant avoidance of ket.

a friend of a friend of a climbing buddy appeared at some crags we were gardening some years ago.
after brewing up this chap produced a clear bag of what i assumed at the time was chalk used for
grip. after some chuckling and strange talk whilst playing with this bag he asked if we would partake
of it in a brew. I asked what it was to be told it was ket. i politely declined to which this character
began an amazing rant about how it had changed his life, climbs better, improved social skills and
conversations and generally stating all facets of his existence were amazing. i totally mistrusted
this bloke from the get-go although i followed this one and only conversation till the urge to climb
overwhelmed me. his climbing was impressive and he seemed at one with the rock lol, after stating
it was kicking in. we usually visited the crown after a climb for a pint, laugh and a joke and then an hour
or so calming down to ready for the journey home.

curiosity got the better of me some days later and after some enquiries i was informed it is used as
a horse tranquiliser. wtf! using knock-out dust to climb i couldn't get my head round it.

prior to the original convergence with this chap, i was climbing in north africa and the middle-east
and had cut out nearly all white sugar from my diet replacing it with glucose-polymer due to burn
co-efficients and energy sustainability. i was always satisfied with performance and recovery times
between climbs by transitioning to a pharmacy-supplied alternative. i was of course questioned at borders
and airport customs as to the nature of the substance i was carrying at the time, however, it became
burdensome due to secondary and intentions to test this substance so after arriving back in the uk, i decided
to change the polymer to a raw-cane sugar which seemed to burn at the same rate.

anyhow fast forward several years and i happened upon my old climbing buddy in town. during a brew
the conversation turned to rolph and how he was doing. my old wingman informed me that he looks haggard
and has a multitude of health issues particularly in the bladder department. apparently this ketamine
rots the urethra tube leading to the penis and he now relies on an inserted catheter in order to
pass urine. again wtf!
further research showed this is the case and damage accumulates in the waterworks. i'm not too sure
as to other physical issues or mental health but i suspect damage is not just limited to the bladder.

i would be wary of this substance in the long term.
f.

edit on 6-3-2019 by fakedirt because: cheerz andy

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Just a heads up, but mods might pull you for sharing your first encounter with Ket.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

cheerz andy i will amend.

regards fakedirt.

edit on 6-3-2019 by fakedirt because: tidy

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I was interested in your frank account all the same.

Because it's in the News forum though they can be a wee bit PC.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I must say at the time he was climbing faster than a rat up a ships rope. that got my attention and I
must admit I had brief second thoughts on the matter at the time.
f.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Well, let's just say i would not take the warning labels off Ketamine.

It can be a hilarious mind opening/bending experience.

But it can also be nasty with some very serious side effects.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The true nature of our reality is so #ed up that if you were to stumble on it all by accident, you would never believe it. 'Reality is stranger than fiction' doesn't come from nowhere.

Well don't leave me hanging. I'm curious, and open minded and believe a lot of stuff most people don't, so let's hear it.
What do you believe the nature of our reality is?

Matrix like?
a simulation?
there are aliens among us?
demons / angels?
fae / trolls?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

lol! the insertion and extraction of catheters kind of sealed it for me regarding the overabuse/overuse of.

I suspect the fda have knowledge of the life- changing effects and have it covered with conditionality's as mentioned in the op.

as to it's long-term usage under those conditions, who knows? fullness of time et al.
f

edit on 6-3-2019 by fakedirt because: missing e

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It sounds to me like one will have to visit a health care facility to use the stuff. Maybe a state run place or something. The thing that stood out to me is that they rate it class c for pregnant women. I think that means they can has some.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

These are unfortunately the pitfalls of some/all (?) of the chemical drugs when used for years. To be fair, drunks sometimes pee their pants but it's not usually the result of a faulty urethra.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

amusing nonetheless when observed! was at a wedding after-do not too long ago and a lady wearing grey jogging pants
staggered into the proceedings, propped up the bar and urinated whilst we cried silently with several fellows behind pointing phones at her rear. priceless.

f.

too much lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I fully agree with who you quoted

There are ways to see it

I think everyone should take at least 1 look

Changed my life

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Interesting. Making note to follow as thread continues.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join