It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troop build up in Panama and Columbia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: darepairman

Weather it is or not, that's what the way things are.

This type of thinking is why things are so slow to change for the better.

Im with you brother, just the facts is all

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yep I agree their long game is a lot longer than ours .

China is developing some of their own technology for the military. But they’re stealing more. The military equipment they buy and clone are sure to be working weapons. But I have a hard time believing that the know-how being hacked from will perform as designed.

This is pure speculation on my part, but it’s been common knowledge for quite a while that China is stealing military secrets. Besides the data being compartmentalized there has to be design flaws included in the data. In spycraft they they call that kind a data chicken feed and it happens all the time . Export versions of the F 35 even to allies don’t have the same capabilities as the ones the US would be flying .

Another sign that China is nowhere near ready is their defense budget. They spend around 150 billion a year on the military. Compared to the 700 billion spent by the US . If you read that article concerning Russia they are operating under a long-standing analogy. Whoever has the least barks the most. The Russians talk about how advanced and devastating there SU 57 stealth fighter is. Yet they’ve only got 10 prototypes built The same with China’s J 20 . Only 28 have been produced so far . There have been around 400 F 35’s produced on the other hand. With 90 of them produced last year alone. The consensus is this year they will go into full production at around 150 per year. I think with stats like that it shows we are the “rednecks” of the world and ( was that a pun 🤔)more serious about war. In case of war it would be easier for us to step up production across the board.

On a sidenote, have you heard about the F 45 Mustang 2 fighter in the design phase?

I don’t think there’s no shape, way or means that you can count India out. It’s not just a population they are also the fourth ranked military in the world . Followed by France, the UK, South Korea and Japan who would all be allies. You mentioned the sense of honor in China. Japan has the same history on top of a reputation for brutal military conquest. Because of their history if they move they will scared the # out of everyone in Asia including China . 😱

Our exchange of posts has more or less been a discussion with the exception of Russia .

I think it would be far more advantageous for Putin to sit back and sell oil to both sides while staying strong. Putin likes to keep the places he invades. He will probably just sit back and see which side weakens first . Then act, that position gives him two different brass rings to grasp Europe and Asia. So I would call the odds of him joining China at the onset 50-50 .

I think Pakistan will probably sit it out behind it’s curtain of Nukes with the possible exception of a move on Kashmir. Like I said earlier Pakistan is getting uneasy with China’s financial support. They started backing away in 2018 . My firm opinion is anyone that trust’s China is out of their mind .

Iran is a non-starter. They are going to have their hands full if they’re lucky enough not to be annihilated within a month by the Arab coalition of Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates ( Arab NATO ). None of the Arab states want Iran dominant in the Middle East .

At one point in time I thought turkey would be a wildcard in any war between Russia in Syria and Israel . But we’re selling them F 35s now. Which makes me confident that the US government knows something I don’t know. Lol

One thing people need to keep in mind. Is that every war since Korea was fought with kid gloves more or less . Even the devastation in Chechnya and Iraq. Will wilt in comparison to another global war fought in a World War II style. And unlike World War II where no one could really touch us. If no battles are actually fought on the US homeland. Our big cities will in all likelihood look like London during the blitz .

FD

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Thinking out loud about a pretext: Juan Guaido who I cannot remember winning any election.....he is the western backed and self proclaimed new leader of Venezuela has returned to Venezuela. When he stepped off the airplane he could have been arrested for sedition/treason and thrown into jail or worse... The west and freedom loving CIA and MSN would make a big deal out of his arrest and where it went from there would be anyone's guess. Maybe not a full blown invasion.. maybe just a big rescue mission ? Dunno .... But they need a bigger better pretext to get this show on the road IMO.

Since his arrest has not happened I wonder how long it is before he is assassinated or placed under arrest ?

It has been said that Colombia's parliament is divided on any interference into Venezuela's domestic problems.. A slight crack in the alliance ?

Guaido has returned to a huge crowd of people chanting his name and "USA" ..Hummmm..? youtu.be...

I would guess most of the USA military assets will be in place by the end of March... I doubt Russia, China, and Cuba have been sitting around smoking Cuban cigars and drinking Vodka as they are no doubt war gaming all kinds of defensive scenarios...

Anyway just some thoughts on what might happen... I am not fortune teller by any means so I could be totally wrong.. just speculating

Now I am confused as this video says he has not returned as of yet but is in Colombia ? Another pretext for his arrest is that he left the country illegally... youtu.be...

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Doesn't mater.

It isn't americas job to police the world.

A fair enough point; I can't really disagree.

I will say I see some difference between getting involved in civil battles in the middle East or Africa, and watching over countries in our immediate vicinity.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Juan Guaido was elected to the Venezuela legislature in 2010 as a deputy. In 2015 he was elected as a full-fledged member. In early January the Venezuelian legislature unanimously appointed him president of it .

Under the Venezuela constitution the legislature declared Maduro’s election Invalid because it was rigged. Which by the constitution makes the head of the legislature (Guaido) in-term president until new elections can be held .

They are following their constitution but nobody seems to talk about it. The Russian propaganda machine keeps referring to him as “ self-appointed “. The Russian trolls and the useful idiots picked up that phrase and ran with it on social media . I’m not calling you a troll or a useful idiot. I’m just trying to give a example of where the majority of the misinformation is coming from.

Earlier in the thread I was speaking theoretically about a Chinese move on South and Central America. But in this case I expect them to sit this one out. They have no real military presence in South America with the exception of one listening post in Argentina .

Cuba on the other hand is the wildcard especially if there’s any kind of build up by Russia . They would have to stage from there because Russia doesn’t have any military bases in South America either .

I seriously doubt the US will confront the Maduro government Directly. I still think if anything happens it will be a coalition of South American countries with Brazil leading and support from the US and other Western nations yet to be named .

What a lot of people forget about is this has been going on since 2014 . I know a guy pretty well from another site. His handle was/is ( hopefully is ) ironhide he kept us up-to-date until about 2015. We’ve heard from him once since then. He told us there are two opinions pro and con on the government. But the anti-government portion is much larger . Another thing he brought up was while not in great numbers early on Maduro used live ammunition against protesters . ( he was elected in 2013 )

* Factoid

Mudoro was a bus driver turn union leader when Chavez found him. He also pulled a John Kerry on live TV . ( fell off a bicycle ) lol

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
It's more complex than just the Venezula equation.

Underlying the outreach effort, experts say, is U.S. recognition that China and Russia are quietly exerting economic and military influence in Latin America.

foreignpolicy.com...

Anything we're doing right now amounts to nothing more than creating a firebreak in the region.

Iran/Russia/China and the strides they've made in South and Central America is all the more reason to build a wall.

And rethink defense of the southern border.

. Foreal isolation will only make us weaker and our foes China Russia stronger

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't want no war with our commander n dip# in charge it's bad enough orange idiot is selling us out to russia

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is a difficult decision.

You know what the real issue is for me.

I would be fine here IF the elected government was asking for our help.

But this case is unique because "who is the real government " is in question.

Times like this I have to appreciate how tough our elected officials jobs can be.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Juan Guaido was elected to the Venezuela legislature in 2010 as a deputy. In 2015 he was elected as a full-fledged member. In early January the Venezuelian legislature unanimously appointed him president of it .

Under the Venezuela constitution the legislature declared Maduro’s election Invalid because it was rigged. Which by the constitution makes the head of the legislature (Guaido) in-term president until new elections can be held .

They are following their constitution but nobody seems to talk about it.

The problem is that the constitution says that the National Assembly should, in cases where the president stopped acting as such, schedule a new election within 30 days, and during that time the president of the National Assembly assumes the role of president. What happened was that no elections were organised but he presented himself as ready to act as president, and the National Assembly presented him as such after.

More than 30 days have gone by and there's no sign of elections being organised.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Are you talking about article 338 ?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay. We have such a good discussion going here, I don't want to post without being fully alert and able to reason out your points. I don't want to miss anything.

Of course China is stealing our tech. They've been stealing tech for quite some time. Do you really think the complaints over China's intellectual property violations are all about a cheap knock-off of an Apple iPhone? No, they're more about respecting the chain of ownership on the military technology China supplies.

Even with chicken data, someone with enough knowledge can figure out how something works given enough information. When I order circuit boards (from a Chinese company, incidentally), I go to great pains to ensure that the design behind the board is not obvious. That's actually not overly difficult, because I do the stuffing (component placement and soldering) her... but not many production companies do that. It's faster, cheaper, and much more efficient to have the circuit board company do the stuffing. Once the components speced are revealed, however, there is no way to hide the schematic from anyone who wants to reverse engineer the board.

It's similar in an integrated circuit: the manufacturers of the chips are given masks only for each layer, but there's nothing anywhere near impossible in reverse engineering the schematic for the operation of the chip. Chips don't contain components; any components are etched and ion-implanted into the silicon itself. While I am sure various chips required for a complete piece of technology come from different manufacturers, what is there to prevent those different manufacturers from comparing notes? Only government oversight... which doesn't work in China the way it does here.

I wouldn't judge a military force by the size of their budget; that has been folly throughout history. The United States wastes more than they spend (or at least appears to waste, but that's another thread). the true test is the ability to use technology and manpower efficiently, and the sense of honor that [pervades Chinese (and Japanese) culture translates to the soldiers being willing to die for their honor. As opposed to a Western force, wherein soldiers typically value their own lives much more, such an honor system allows many military maneuvers to succeed which would be questionable at least in Western culture.

It's the same reason most violent militaries operate under a dictatorial model, including religious forces. Religious forces often have death as some sort of reward in itself, which causes the same effect.

Japan and China both have a reputation for being quite formidable warriors; that is certainly not limited to Japan. The Japanese of WWII were so feared because of the resolve of Japan. They were not democratically ruled, as China was, and China was slow to respond as democracies typically are. I feel the rise of communism in China was due in large part to their slow response to the Japanese during WWII.

Which path Putin takes is going to be an interesting decision. In the end, there is no compassion between China and Russia; any alliance is beneficial to both, or it doesn't happen. Putin's allegiance lies with Mother Russia, so even should he initially support China, it would not be surprising if he were to double-cross them when it benefited him. China, too, has an extremely strong cultural identity, so they could just as well double-cross Russia if it benefited them.

I wouldn't count out any Middle Eastern countries. They are all religiously inspired, and so they all contain an element of that martyrdom mentioned above. Iran, coincidentally, is in many ways like Israel in the religious aspect: both are lone countries who practice a religion different from their neighbors. Yeah, they're all Muslim, but Muslim is not just Muslim... the Muslim religion is split into two antagonistic branches who certainly do not like each other. Iran is primarily Shi'i, while the surrounding countries are primarily Sunni. the closest thing Iran has in the Middle East for an ally is Syria, which is actually the most secular of the Middle East countries.

Any time religion is entrenched so deeply in a country's government, they cannot be discounted when discussing war.

Of course we have fought our wars with kid gloves... we have moved from a Republic toward a more pure Democracy. As mentioned above, that means we cannot respond as quickly or as decisively to any threat or objective. War by committee is not a good idea, and it caused a lot of losses in China during WWII. if we cannot recognize that fact of life before WWIII (which will occur at some point), your prediction of American cities under attack will come to pass if we even try to take a side.

If we don't take a side, we will be overthrown by force.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I look at one issue as well: non-intervention unless in direct support of national security. The question then becomes, is intervention directly in support of national security? That is a tough question. We do not want Russia and China interfering in countries so close to our own (open) borders, but is the threat enough to justify intervention?

There is also the reasoning that Maduro is acting in direct violation of his country's constitution. Read ArMap's post above; it describes the situation very well and in a succinct manner. Maduro is not a legitimate President according to Venezuela's constitution.

As a matter of fact, no one is until elections are held at this point. Guaido should have called for a new election by now, but Maduro has prevented him from doing so by force.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Ah Colombia, home of the majestic giraffe. This problem with these equatorial nations is they could begin to echo northern African nations-failed states, Rebellion, warfare, and so forth.

It's a sticky wicket that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob420
I don't want no war with our commander n dip# in charge it's bad enough orange idiot is selling us out to russia

There has been no proof after a Senate, Congressional, and even a Muller investigation about Trump colluding with the Russians ... You need to get a better source than the Clinton News Network ( CNN ) if you want to be informed and not propagandized . If you are concerned about the Russian collusion then look no farther than the Clinton cabal.
edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Back at ya. I got preoccupied because something I heard yesterday clicked and I started a thread .

I have no doubt that China will work out the bugs eventually. The point I was trying to get at is it will take them time. That should give the US the ability to stay one step ahead . We’ve got stuff in the works like the F 45 mustang 2 project which unlike the F 35 strategy of one plane does everything. The F 45 is going to be a air superiority fighter that we desperately need . China will have to play catch-up on that one too while they are once again stealing our information .

I think democracy is made China soft in the urban areas and under educated in the rural area’s. Their food imports went from around 5 billion in 2005 to 300 to 400 billion in 2015 . A lot of that is so he beans to feed their livestock . For the most part they are self sustainable with the exception of vegetables and meat. Grain isn’t a problem they export a lot . But one of China’s Achilles’ heel’s that has plauged them for hundreds of years . Is famine it might strike again with any disruption .

Japan on the other hand is still very disciplined. One of the easiest ways to observe that is it’s corporate structure . Japanese executives when they fail are prone to suicide from the shame . Japanese workers are on a 40 hour work week with a maximum of 60 hours overtime per month . Their employers use every bit of it and some. They ruthlessly work them till they drop or commit suicide. They even have a name for what they’re going through “Karoshi”. Seppuku has been replaced with taking a header off the top of a building . But their biggest problem may be worse than China. They import about 60% of their food . If they can defend their airspace they will still be able to get imports from the east .

That’s not the same for China. Most of their imports come through the Malacca straits .

On the whole I believe Japan has a much more rigid and discipline population . Look at what happens in the corporate world. Both classes would rather kill themselves before they quit .

The Chinese population is happy playing the stock market like it’s Las Vegas . Another thing that needs to be taken into account on both sides. Is that historically especially in warfare the total disregard for human life in the Asian culture is horrifying .

Another plus for Japan is our military bases in Yokosuka, Okinawa along with several others and their pre-positioned war supplies. ( I read an article about a month ago that said we are pre-positioning supplies in Vietnam now )

One thing is for sure though. If a war ever happened Japan and China are going to slug it out viciously .

I still stand with my original position on Putin. He’s going to sell oil to China and Europe . Then he’s going to wait until someone weaken’s before he moves and I have no doubt he will move .

The Middle East is and always will be divided along the lines of secular violence . There’s more Shiites then there are Sunnis. But the Sunnis are much better equipped . The ayatollahs talk a lot but they aren’t as well-equipped as they appear besides their new toys the ballistic missiles . I remember a neat story for five or six years ago. A Iranian F-4 Phantom was targeting a US drone . The F 22 pilot flew under the F4 to check the weapons load without the F4 pilots knowledge . Then he pulled up on his wingtip and radioed over the guard frequency . “ you should probably go home “. Lol

The way I look at it the only reason we don’t fight World War II style is because of the court of public opinion. That’s no way to fight a war of attrition. The military would rather bomb the # out of the enemy because it would save the lives of our troops .

Putin did it in Chechnya and Trump just did it to Raqqa.

Kind of makes ya think.🤔

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

This is one of the best discussions I have had in many years on ATS. It's worth the wait.

I have no doubt that China will work out the bugs eventually. The point I was trying to get at is it will take them time. That should give the US the ability to stay one step ahead.

There is another way to look at that. China does not necessarily have to work out the bugs in, say, the F-45 design. They can also find bugs. They have the plans for the hardware, if they simply decide(d) to put those plans together.

I know if I were assisting building something that could be turned on me, I would be sorely tempted to figure out a way I could neutralize it if the need ever arose.

I think democracy is made China soft in the urban areas and under educated in the rural area’s. Their food imports went from around 5 billion in 2005 to 300 to 400 billion in 2015 . A lot of that is so he beans to feed their livestock . For the most part they are self sustainable with the exception of vegetables and meat. Grain isn’t a problem they export a lot . But one of China’s Achilles’ heel’s that has plauged them for hundreds of years . Is famine it might strike again with any disruption .

And again, we're back to the geographic shipping issue. I agree this is a concern for them (or at least should be).

Japan on the other hand is still very disciplined. One of the easiest ways to observe that is it’s corporate structure .

Certain sections of Japanese society are still very disciplined, but that is slowly changing as of the last generation. They are becoming Westernized. At one time, being laid off from a company in Japan was almost unheard of; out of honor, companies would provide jobs to their employees that weren't even needed before laying them off. That is changing. Another change is the desire among many of their youth to be more like America (have the latest iPhone, exercise self-determination, etc.).

One reason this is happening is because America has become an integral part of Japanese culture since WWII. After the war, Japan was forbidden to have any kind of appreciable military force; America defends Japan instead of Japan. if the Japanese were to go to war, they would be totally dependent on the US until they could rebuild a military from scratch.

The Chinese population is happy playing the stock market like it’s Las Vegas . Another thing that needs to be taken into account on both sides. Is that historically especially in warfare the total disregard for human life in the Asian culture is horrifying .

I think we're in total agreement there. The stock market issue is really like the lottery here: a way to pull themselves out of the poverty that has existed in such great amounts. The Chinese are learning the joys of materialism, and that might actually be their greatest downfall.

The Middle East is and always will be divided along the lines of secular violence . There’s more Shiites then there are Sunnis. But the Sunnis are much better equipped . The ayatollahs talk a lot but they aren’t as well-equipped as they appear besides their new toys the ballistic missiles . I remember a neat story for five or six years ago. A Iranian F-4 Phantom was targeting a US drone . The F 22 pilot flew under the F4 to check the weapons load without the F4 pilots knowledge . Then he pulled up on his wingtip and radioed over the guard frequency . “ you should probably go home “. Lol

But don't sell short the issue of resolve. It is no exaggeration that many Muslims believe they will appear in the afterlife with 72 virgins, especially if killed during jihad. It's hard to fight against a suicidal mentality. Warfare strategy is usually based around the assumption that the enemy wants to stay alive, and it can fail miserably when that is not the case.

I can see Iran being a much larger player in any upcoming World War than you think.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No, article 233.

Article 233. Absolute faults of the President will be: his death, his renunciation, or his destitution decreed by sentence from the Supreme Court, his permanent physical or mental incapacity certified by a medical board designated by the Supreme Court and approved by the National Assembly, the abandonment of his post, declared as such by the National Assembly, and also by popular revocation of his mandate.

When there is absolute fault of the president elected before takes office, there will be a new universal election, direct and secret in the 30 consecutive days following it. While the elections and taking of office of the new president happen, the post of president will be taken by the president of the National Assembly.

If the absolute fault of the president happens during the first four years of the constitutional period, there will be a new universal election, direct and secret in the 30 consecutive days following it. Whilw the elections and taking of office of the new president happen, the post of president will be taken by the executive vice-president.

In the previous cases, the new president will fulfil the corresponding constitutional period.

If the absolute fault happens in the last two years of the constitutional period, the executive vice-president will assume the presidency until the end of said period.

PS: the above is my translation, so it may have some errors.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Certain sections of Japanese society are still very disciplined, but that is slowly changing as of the last generation. They are becoming Westernized.

The Chinese are learning the joys of materialism, and that might actually be their greatest downfall.

TheRedneck

These are two excellent points, both are associated with debt living lifestyles.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

There is another way to look at that. China does not necessarily have to work out the bugs in, say, the F-45 design. They can also find bugs. They have the plans for the hardware, if they simply decide(d) to put those plans together.

I know if I were assisting building something that could be turned on me, I would be sorely tempted to figure out a way I could neutralize it if the need ever arose.

One thing just popped into my mind . There’s also the possibility that the design they hacked wasn’t merely infested with gremlins .

It could’ve also been a lemon .

But then we could second and third guess international spy craft and we’d both probably be way off . Lol

And again, we're back to the geographic shipping issue. I agree this is a concern for them (or at least should be).

Yup logistics

Wasn’t it Napoleon that said “ A Army marches on its stomach “

Certain sections of Japanese society are still very disciplined, but that is slowly changing as of the last generation. They are becoming Westernized. At one time, being laid off from a company in Japan was almost unheard of; out of honor, companies would provide jobs to their employees that weren't even needed before laying them off. That is changing. Another change is the desire among many of their youth to be more like America (have the latest iPhone, exercise self-determination, etc.).

Point well taken about Japanese youth but that probably applies Worldwide in the 21st-century. When I was a kid I barely wore shoes all summer. Spent half my time in the creek fishing and quite a bit of my time shooting/Hunting . We all sat down at dinner and talked. Because mom made us all be home. Now with of course some exceptions. The kids sit in their chair or sofa stared down at their phone all day and in their spare time they play video games. Mom and dad are divorced so mom can’t be there for dinner because she’s too busy working sometimes two jobs . The family structure has imploded and as you mentioned there will be ripple effects for decades if not generations.

In my opinion the kids didn’t start to go soft until the late 90s . There are many 30 somethings in the population that haven’t stagnated . Which in Japan means they still might have some honor. Discipline wise I have to point again to the corporations. Mandatory exercise programs in their morning and the hierarchy is regimented similar to the military .

We both left out the possibility of mandatory service. When a 18-year-old enters military boot camp, they teach them pretty quickly to “suck it up buttercup”.

One reason this is happening is because America has become an integral part of Japanese culture since WWII. After the war, Japan was forbidden to have any kind of appreciable military force; America defends Japan instead of Japan. if the Japanese were to go to war, they would be totally dependent on the US until they could rebuild a military from scratch.

Japanese defense spending has gone up every year since 2012. Because of the coming conflict in the sea of Japan. Many people forget about that because the focus is on the South China Sea . They are at the point now where they aren’t a self-defense force anymore they are able to project force . In fact they want to change that part of the constitution by the end of the decade .

( we agreed on this portion so I’m too lazy to quote it)

But don't sell short the issue of resolve. It is no exaggeration that many Muslims believe they will appear in the afterlife with 72 virgins, especially if killed during jihad. It's hard to fight against a suicidal mentality. Warfare strategy is usually based around the assumption that the enemy wants to stay alive, and it can fail miserably when that is not the case.

I can see Iran being a much larger player in any upcoming World War than you think.

I am well aware that Islam is stuck in the seventh century with a boatload of religious zealots. But I also remember the first gulf war where both Shiite and Sunni Muslims surrendered in droves. The reason for that was, I’m sure you guessed it logistics. Hungry soldiers don’t want to fight .

I still don’t believe Iran has the capabilities they claim. After they invented the UFO and displayed a papier-mâché airplane I decided they’re more bark than they are bite . To this day they’re flying phantom F-4’s and F-14 tomcats and the pride of their navy is speedboats . They do have a handful of frigates and Corvettes which is about equal to Saudi Arabia . But when you include the Arab coalition of Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. They have Iran outnumbered in all equipment at probably close to 10 to 1 . Did you know Egypt has one amphibious attack ship a.k.a. Helicopter carrier with another one being re-fitted as we speak .

Have you ever read any of the Persian Gulf states English speaking newspapers . You can pick up a lot from them . I look at them every now and then.

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yeah you were looking at title V article 223 of the constitution .

I read through and looked at article VIII

Article 338: A state of alarm may be declared when catastrophes, public calamities or other similar events occur, seriously endangering the security of the Nation or its citizens. Such state of exception shall last for up to 30 days, and may be extended for an additional 30 days.
A state of economic emergency may be declared when extraordinary economic circumstances arise, such as to affect seriously the economic life of the Nation; the duration of this state of emergency shall be 60 days, with the possibility of extension for the same period.
A state of internal or external commotion may be declared in the event of an internal or external conflict seriously endangering the security of the Nation, its citizens or its institutions. Such state of commotion shall last for up to 90 days, and may be extended for an additional 90 days.
The National Assembly has the responsibility of the approval for the extension of the states of exemption. An organic law shall regulate states of exception and determine the measures that may be adopted based on them

But then again we both could be way off base. I’ve been studying the US Constitution for over 40 years and although I’ve read it. I know I’ve barely scratched the surface of truly understanding it.

Constitutional scholars have argued about it for over 200 years . I’m good but I know I’m not that good . Lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join