It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troop build up in Panama and Columbia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
It's more complex than just the Venezula equation.

Underlying the outreach effort, experts say, is U.S. recognition that China and Russia are quietly exerting economic and military influence in Latin America.

Iran/Russia/China and the strides they've made in South and Central America is all the more reason to build a wall.

The whole world is indeed a chess board, with more than just black and white pieces. Russia and China are not letting USA having the place to itself. The all-out wars of the past are replaced with smaller proxy operations, hired hands and distracting the public whenever needed.

We're moving towards a future where business and corporations will have increasing influence over military operations. For now, it's mostly about Gold, Oil, Diamonds - and a bit of drugs.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Realtruth

Indentured?

To whom?

China and Russia or the US?
I think thats the fight thats brewing.

Exactly, it is to keep China and Russia from gaining a foot hold in the region.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

seem even more

You can say they want to do this or that all you like.

But until they do it means nothing.

That's why I specifically stated that IF we go to war I'm blaming trump. But we haven't (yet) so I don't.

Now let's say the congress is the one pushing for war there and trump is forceful about not doing it and even tries to block and veto such an action. In that case I will blame whoever in the congress vote for war.

Right now the one man that has the power to say no america intervention in venezuela is the potus.
In this case he will have the last word.

edit on 4-3-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

I don't agree with the dems when they say russia is an enemy of the u.s.a.

I don't think china is our enemy ether.

It doesn't bother me that those two countries want to expand into south america at all.

NOT our business.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

Russia is just biting back for the west getting involved in their sphere Ukraine and Syria. All that is needed is to let Russia have its sphere back and they will not react like this. It's so simple really
edit on 4-3-2019 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I don't agree with the dems when they say russia is an enemy of the u.s.a.

I don't think china is our enemy ether.

It doesn't bother me that those two countries want to expand into south america at all.

NOT our business.

I think we are trying to keep it from being our business, there is more going on than meets the eye, there are natural resources at hand. the people are just an extra, I don't care who is telling the story, it all boils down to who controls the most natural resources. And I am no longer a dem, not since 16

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Double
edit on 4-3-2019 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: darepairman

Russia is just biting back for the west getting involved in their sphere Ukraine and Syria. All that is needed is to let Russia have its sphere back and they will not react like this. It's so simple really[/quote

No I think its more than that. see post above^^^^

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Not our resources.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Ok yeah seen the post now and do agree that resources are much to the big scramble for South America by the worlds great powers. Oil does drive overseas adventures by the big states. At the same time attempting to steal Ukraine and Syria from Russia are also going to being a factor here. Russia is always going to respond the creep creep towards its borders, but sure it's also about the resources sure

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I understand sending in the military, it's probably what's right for Venezuela. But it puts a serious damper on getting Trump re-elected especially if it doesn't go smooth as silk.

Seems the Dems should want to take action...I mean unless they want Russia getting a foothold there...and then they don't want border security either. So they are ok with Russia the evil boogie man being to our south now and still claim that border security is not a national emergency. Seems like they seem to be colluding with Russia...playing right into their hands all because they are blinded by ORANGE MAN BAD.

But they sure are quick to say the next Dem president can use a nation emergency to take away guns...Border Order Blowback. which sounds like a threat to me, and not against Trump but to every law abiding gun owner in the states. Sheriff's in several states that passed gun laws that would require deputies to confiscate guns said they won't put the lives of their men on the line taking away the rights of law abiding citizens...so not sure how that will work out. Taking the guns of the people is putting one step closer to being in the same situation as Venezuela.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Not our resources.

Yes you are right, not ours. But if we take a roll in their democracy, their oil should get cheap for us and then we should have influence over who else gets it. And yes Russia has other motives for this, its always been tit for tat with them and us
edit on 4-3-2019 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Not our resources.

Not Russia's, and not China's either.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Realtruth

Indentured?

To whom?

China and Russia or the US?
I think thats the fight thats brewing.

Last I knew it was the banks that were running things.
They just choose which nation will act as their enforcer in the region.
There are no quick and easy wars people, if you don't realize this after Iraq well.....

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

their oil should get cheap for us and then we should have influence over who else gets it.

This is not an acceptable excuse for me to be on board with meddling in other countries problems.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

So, do you support theft as long as we're not the ones stealing?

I just want to be clear on your position.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

their oil should get cheap for us and then we should have influence over who else gets it.

This is not an acceptable excuse for me to be on board with meddling in other countries problems.

Weather it is or not, that's what the way things are. There are no wars just to help the populous, there are always
underlying reasons like natural resorces or a land advantage or something, its the money, you know the evil that makes the world go around, always follow the money.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Doesn't mater.

It isn't americas job to police the world.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Weather it is or not, that's what the way things are.

This type of thinking is why things are so slow to change for the better.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join