It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Didn't Become President to Enrich Himself

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Where's my crown?

your sitting on it

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Got a link? I'd love to watch/read this interview.

I've seen lots of videos of him over the years, and he was always pretty consistent, and always seemed to genuinely care about this country.

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: MadLad

I heard an interview with his daughter once.

She said that when he decided to run for President, he gathered the family around and told them what he was going to do.

Then he pointed out that if he tried this that the media, the left and everyone else would accept nothing less than the complete destruction of himself, his wealth and by extension his family.

Then he asked them to vote on whether or not he should, because it was going to make everyone's lives harder and he wouldn't do it without the family's approval.

His son asked why he even wanted to do it.

Trump replied that the country needed fixing and he thought he could do it.

So they voted yes.

Tell me that this man wanted to run for selfish reasons.

He already had everything.

Listening to that interview made me see him in a whole new light.

He KNEW what he was getting into and did it anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You cant actually, seriously, legitimately be this naive, can you? Although judging by the absurd degree to which you downplay Trump's "indiscretions" and inflate his worth and business acumen (the guy was literally gifted millions of dollars and STILL somehow managed to go bankrupt MULTIPLE TIMES, which doesnt exactly scream master financial wizard), its probably not naivete, but rather outright dishonestt and disingenuity.

link   
Weird multi-post
edit on 1-3-2019 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

link   
Weird multi-post
edit on 1-3-2019 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

He enriched himself during the inauguration and it didn't stop there. Trump is the most corrupt president in the history of the US. Anybody who supports him is an idiot and a traitor.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

He enriched himself during the inauguration and it didn't stop there. Trump is the most corrupt president in the history of the US. Anybody who supports him is an idiot and a traitor.

Even if he did, he was a private citizen up until he was inaugurated. But you knew that because you're not an idiot.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

wow that is harsh dude.

Not entirely incorrect but damn....

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
he and his family are in such deep s**t legally, can't wait for his personal accountant to get in front of a congressional hearing....do you think HE will take the fall for trump for bank fraud???.......hell no, he'll sing like a spring robin....

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
No he RAN to enrich himself... Micheal Cohen said what I have been saying all along....
HE NEVER EXPECTED TO WIN...
We are being led by a man without a plan.
Winging it since day one.

But, I thought the plan was to collude with Russia in order to win?

So... which is it?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Yeah so he makes a deal with nk, nk holds up their end and starts dismantling their nuclear capabilities,

Eh? When did that happen?

Hint: NEVER

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Trump ran for President for the publicity. He probably figured he'd do about as well as Gary Coleman. But he didn't realize we're living in a meta-ironic society, where if a chimpanzee ran for President it would get about 25 percent of the vote.

He has no vision or goal for humanity. He has no more of an understanding of the American political system than your average 10 year old.

It was a joke that got out of hand.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Trump ran for President for the publicity. He probably figured he'd do about as well as Gary Coleman. But he didn't realize we're living in a meta-ironic society, where if a chimpanzee ran for President it would get about 25 percent of the vote.

He has no vision or goal for humanity. He has no more of an understanding of the American political system than your average 10 year old.

It was a joke that got out of hand.

That's funny, because he's been consistent about his policies for over two decades, and has considered running since the late 80's.

Guess what he said in 2011 when he declined to run:

""I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and, ultimately, the general election."

www.theguardian.com...

Nothing in there about Gary Coleman.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
he and his family are in such deep s**t legally, can't wait for his personal accountant to get in front of a congressional hearing....do you think HE will take the fall for trump for bank fraud???.......hell no, he'll sing like a spring robin....

Like I said, busybodies and gossips. The eagerness of your schadenfreude is dangerous in a free society.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

You cant actually, seriously, legitimately be this naive, can you? Although judging by the absurd degree to which you downplay Trump's "indiscretions" and inflate his worth and business acumen (the guy was literally gifted millions of dollars and STILL somehow managed to go bankrupt MULTIPLE TIMES, which doesnt exactly scream master financial wizard), its probably not naivete, but rather outright dishonestt and disingenuity.

Trump has never gone bankrupt. Some of his ventures have, sure, but that's also the case with Bill Gates and Warren Buffett. Judging by your media talking points, it appears you're just parroting what you've heard, and there isn't a single original thought among your word salad.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Lumenari

You're still ignoring him selling weapons to terrorists and rewarding the same people who have been rigging the system for decades now. 😂

By the way, here's a list of Obama's accomplishments:

Link

I'll go ahead and assume you won't recognize any of them. And why should you? He hurt us far more than he helped.

Nice spin.

By the way, hadn't seen you around much lately. Wondered if you had rotted away on the fence somewhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

His business' bankruptcys aren't nearly as bad as him screwing contractors out of money. I don't think Trump's an idiot or a genius in business. He's just completely unethical.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Maybe if he'd release his tax returns we'd have a better idea.

Maybe if he'd divest from his company we'd have a better idea.

Weeks before the election he was setting himself up to own a broadcasting company or at least start a conservative media company. Trump wanted to lose, he expected to lose. Losing would've made him a ton of money and opened up new avenues of profit.

Instead, he won. Now he just funnels taxpayer money and campaign donations into his families bank accounts and avoids paying taxes, which is ok because "he's smart."

There are a lot of words to describe Donald J. Trump, greedy underlines all of them.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

His business' bankruptcys aren't nearly as bad as him screwing contractors out of money. I don't think Trump's an idiot or a genius in business. He's just completely unethical.

Good thing politics isn't the business world.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Maybe if he'd release his tax returns we'd have a better idea.

Maybe if he'd divest from his company we'd have a better idea.

Weeks before the election he was setting himself up to own a broadcasting company or at least start a conservative media company. Trump wanted to lose, he expected to lose. Losing would've made him a ton of money and opened up new avenues of profit.

Instead, he won. Now he just funnels taxpayer money and campaign donations into his families bank accounts and avoids paying taxes, which is ok because "he's smart."

There are a lot of words to describe Donald J. Trump, greedy underlines all of them.

Here's Trump in 2011:

"I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and, ultimately, the general election."

That really sounds like a guy who wanted to and expected to lose. Or, you guys are simply repeating what you've been told.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join