It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on Otto Warmbier's death: Kim Jong Un wasn't to blame

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

It's both. The one doing it and his supervisor for allowing it to happen.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Why would they return him if they wanted him dead? Half dead yes but still

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
otto was an IDIOT for traveling to an insane place to begin with.

does 0bama get in trouble for the sh!tshow that is chicago, and if you drive thru you get shot?

the only person to blame for otto is otto.
1. he decides to travel to a very strict place
2. he decides to break THEIR laws
3. he probably keeps bragging about how he has [american] rights
4. some jailer over there had enough of his garbage, and dealt with it

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

No, this is exactly why he was silenced.

This is why you know it wasn't the NK's who did it, because they would have done it right away. They wouldn't have had time to wait 2.5 months for the show trial. Further, it wasn't until the show trial that the "evidence" (actually two day later) was shown to the outside world. This is telling. And what was that 'evidence'? Well, for one thing it was a grainy video tape allegedly showing Warmbier removing the propaganda poster from the wall on a closed (unfinished) floor of the hotel (probably used for spying on guests). It was only then that the outside world (and the true perpetrators) saw where he had been.

And it was shortly after this when he became gravely ill. How coincidental, right?

Then there's the part about Obama telling the family not to go public with the story, an just keep it on the down-low. Hmmmm...how curious. Why would he ever do that???? The biggest enemy the NK's have is the media, it's the biggest stick of all to get them to capitulate. Why wouldn't Obama want the media running with this story?? What did he know?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

if i thought someone did something to my dog but i didn't have proof i might not do anything, but i sure as hell woudn't tell the world i beleived he didn't do anything. lol

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

you think obama killed him?

and, if he said he didn't would you believe him?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

he told him he beleived him because otherwise democrats would have bashed him - that's your answer?

jesus, that's pathetic.

No, and you know that's not what I said. I said Trump is gonna be bashed no matter what he does so it wouldn't have made a difference if he called Un a liar or not.

I'm not in the mood to waste my time making this a back and forth conversation full of insults.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

if i thought someone did something to my dog but i didn't have proof i might not do anything, but i sure as hell woudn't tell the world i beleived he didn't do anything. lol

I didn't tell the world. Trump didn't tell the world he believed Un didn't do anything either. He doesn't have any evidence so to keep the situation at bay, he said he's taking Un's word for it that he had nothing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

“I don't believe he would have allowed that to happen” Trump said.

how do you think kim treats his people - good or bad?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Trump is defending all the good people isn't he, Epstein, Clintons, Kim Jong-un

pretty soon Trump will praise Juche, welcome to Comrade Trump

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Literal death camps in North Korea but one prisoner being put in a coma (a hated American no-less), is just a coincidence.

You folks are suggesting that Kim Jong Un, leader of one of the most oppressive and controlling regimes in the world, didn't know anything about an AMERICAN prisoner? Every North Korean is trained to hate Americans, every single one of them. The fact that Warmbier died isn't a surprise, what is a surprise is the POTUS would come to the defense of Kim over his death.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is arrogant and foolish for an American to assume they can visit a foreign country, commit vandalism, theft, or other crime, and expect "fair" treatment. Especially in a foreign country like the DPRK that has a pathetic human rights record.

The only person to blame in this case is the dead guy.

It's like that kid years ago in ?Thailand? ?Indonesia? that spray painted graffiti in a city and was arrested and caned before being returned to the US. There was a pubic outcry in the US about the "brutality" of the caning. And they wonder why US prisons are overcrowded. Punishments in foreign countries are rarely--if ever--as lenient as they are in the US.

Facing consequences of one's actions is a learned behavior--and it has to start as soon as a child squirts out into the world. Everything before the age of five sets the tone for the rest of a person's life. Whenever I see a mom or dad do the "I'm going to count to THREE..." thing with their kid, I roll my eyes. Good luck. Negotiating with a four-year-old is a good way to guarantee major behavioral issues when that kid grows up.

Otto is dead because of what Otto did. Sounds harsh--but that's how things work in the real world. Even to butterflies, cupcakes, and snowflakes.

And I'm not defending the President, either. He just needs to keep his mouth shut about a lot of things--this topic included.
edit on 28-2-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: Because.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Chicago was actually way worse during the Reagan years funny there wasn't that many illegals back then either?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Here you guys go again. Taking everything Trump says 100% literally.

How is it so damn hard to understand negotiation tactics.

You don't call the person you are negotiating with a filthy murderous piece of garbage even if you know it's true and believe it with all your heart.

Again this is the leftist view of the world - we somehow live in utopia, and you can talk s*it about people and they will still make a deal with you because morally you are correct.

NO - that is not how the real world works.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The PTB are letting Trump pretend to work for peace in NK. After 60 years it would be done, so either the US doesn't want or care or China says no.
edit on 2/28/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

We're sorry we must not have been wearing our Trump decoder rings that come free with the trump Kool aid .

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I have had similar thoughts about the logistics of getting him back here and eventually pushed it out of my head as time has passed but your bringing it up again just made me wonder if perhaps President Trump might actually be trying to sort that out as well, maybe he suspects an agency issue and is digging, using the NK meeting about denuclearization as a screen for his actual real motive. Maybe he really is trying to dismantle corrupt agencies on our own soil. Maybe this is a larger chess game than we realize.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

sweetness, he didn't have to say he's a filthy murderous piece of garbage. (tho, he is.)

but, he didn't have to tell the world he believed him either.

there's a difference there i'm sure you know that.

and, it #ucking comical that you yell at people for taking the President of the United Stated literally.

edit on 28-2-2019 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2019 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Well that is a golden statement from potus.

Worth 100 million dollars since there is an ongoing lawsuit against nk for the death.

Personally i am a realist and otto did not die until he got to the usa and had no marks or scars from "death camps".

Maybe the point is Kim didn't really know much about the case until it became international news. The other side of this is they most likely didn't treat him any better or worst than the other prisoners, so once again we have a disconnect to what different sides see as bad or wrong. Their camps is a way of life for them, sorry to say, no big news that their leader would actually get briefed on.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Well that is a golden statement from potus.

Worth 100 million dollars since there is an ongoing lawsuit against nk for the death.

Personally i am a realist and otto did not die until he got to the usa and had no marks or scars from "death camps".

Maybe the point is Kim didn't really know much about the case until it became international news. The other side of this is they most likely didn't treat him any better or worst than the other prisoners, so once again we have a disconnect to what different sides see as bad or wrong. Their camps is a way of life for them, sorry to say, no big news that their leader would actually get briefed on.

I see your point but according to media exchanges by obama and kim he knew. I have to believe reports at the time that a couple weeks before he arrived in the usa the guy went into a coma and until then he was being used in a game of power and i doubt kim would have ordered any harm to the guy.

If i remember correctly they said he had an adverse reaction to something like benadryl and they contacted the usa quickly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join