It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on Otto Warmbier's death: Kim Jong Un wasn't to blame

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
and, it #ucking comical that you yell at people for taking the President of the United Stated literally.

Trump is the kind of guy who tells it like it is...except when he doesn't...but he also does.

I guess sending the POTUS to Vietnam this week was just some 'Art of the Deal' action,; go there...heap praise upon the person you're negotiating with and get nothing in return. Great...for Kim Jong Un and North Korean propaganda.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
But it can't be proven. We all point the finger at Un but we really don't know. It's just an easy assumption.

I know it cant be proven but obvious smoke and fire is obvious.

And I'm really sorry about your dog man, that is some evil s*** right there.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

and, it #ucking comical that you yell at people for taking the President of the United Stated literally.

Trump is the kind of guy who tells it like it is...except when he doesn't...but he also does.

I guess sending the POTUS to Vietnam this week was just some 'Art of the Deal' action,; go there...heap praise upon the person you're negotiating with and get nothing in return. Great...for Kim Jong Un and North Korean propaganda.

Except North Korean propagandists remove the anti-Americanism and replaced it with imagery of peace and unity. How do you square that circle?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

I see your point but according to media exchanges by obama and kim he knew. I have to believe reports at the time that a couple weeks before he arrived in the usa the guy went into a coma and until then he was being used in a game of power and i doubt kim would have ordered any harm to the guy.

If i remember correctly they said he had an adverse reaction to something like benadryl and they contacted the usa quickly.

At some point he did know, did he care, most likely not. Though the camps are harsh and that is saying it lightly his death was most likely a oops on their part and not so much, as you suggest they didn't do, extra abuse outside of what they see as a norm. Who knows, the caretakers in charge of him might not be alive today too since it looked bad with their leader.

edit on 28-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks

It's like that kid years ago in ?Thailand? ?Indonesia? that spray painted graffiti in a city and was arrested and caned before being returned to the US. There was a pubic outcry in the US about the "brutality" of the caning. And they wonder why US prisons are overcrowded. Punishments in foreign countries are rarely--if ever--as lenient as they are in the US.

Actually it was Singapore and if you ever been there YOU DO NOT GRAFFITI...and you do not do a lot of other things like eat walking down the street or chewing gum on the subway etc.

The initial reaction from our Government was "oh the horrors" but public outcry in the US was more like "beat his ass" and so our Government back away and he got his lashes.

edit on 28-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think you are likely right about the guards being dead. I remember that guy that drove to the border and then got shot crawling across and they said the the guards that shot him but failed to stop him would be killed by law.

but hey maduro has to go......

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: links234

Who said Kim made personally the decisions that lead to Otto's death? He died still under his regime. And that makes Kim responsible either way. This just shows the stupidity of the president for asking the question.
And this thread will show some awesome mental gymnastics by the boot licking fanboys grab'em-by-the-pussy has on ATs trying to make it sound "right/winning". Which is the really depressing part.

I must be resisting the programming or something. Kim didn't have to know about the death for it to happen. It happened when Otto was a prisoner. But either way, was that the time to confront Kim about it? I don't think so. I feel like that was a dumb decision. Find a way to get NK to stop being an aggressor, and work with them. Nobody wins a war.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Who said Kim made personally the decisions that lead to Otto's death? He died still under his regime. And that makes Kim responsible either way. This just shows the stupidity of the president for asking the question.

so i guess that means that Obama was also equally responsible for every prisoner in the US prisons that died during his 8 year Presidency? after all, they all died under the Obama regime, and so according to you he is personally responsible for each and every one of their deaths. even though he did not personally make any decisions that led to their deaths. you can't hold one world leader responsible for every prisoner's death, unless you hold every leader responsible for the deaths in their prisons.

here is the thing. unless i missed something, no one really even knows what even happened to him. all we know is that in the end he died. was he tortured? it is possible. but why torture someone like him, especially releasing him after he was pretty much dead? seriously it makes no sense. did some guard take exception to him and beat him up? did he have some sort of altercation with another prisoner? we all know that type of thing unfortunately happens in the best run prisons. it could have even been a frustrated prisoner upset that he was going to go free, where that prisoner has no hope of ever leaving. seriously he could even have gotten sick without help. there are all sorts of strange and debilitating sicknesses in that part of the world. just drinking water that has not been purified can kill you in many countries (heck even in some places in the US for that matter). not to mention poisons and illnesses carried by insects and animals. get bit by one wrong mosquito and you get deque fever or malaria, both that have no real cure. heck with deque the only real treatment is to treat them for dehydration, and thoughts and prayers hoping the patient survives. even in the US you can get bitten by insects and get seriously sick, heck one tick bite and you even become "allergic" to meat in the US. to be honest about it some sort of disease, sickness or other medical issue seems to be far more likely in his death then torture.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

I'm glad you're here to defend North Korea.

Obviously, we, as a nation, have been too harsh on them. Please extend my apologies to Dear Leader.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Clinton did, Obama as well

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do you think Kim Jong Un directly ordered that this specific person be beaten to a pulp? I don't
I think it was probably some snarky NK Military MP or an inmate.. or perhaps Otto tried to commit suicide and botched it.

Either way, when negotiating with someone on the other side of the valley, you cant accuse them of being a brutal murderer and expect negotiations in good faith. You both need to compromise.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

A Manchurian Candidate that Failed the Programming . Effin' Commies !
edit on 28-2-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Every time this issue pops up in the news I feel really sad and angry. I knew that kid was taken a few days after it happened. My mother's best friend who lives near to those people called us while I was visiting my mother. She had known him since he was a little boy. He was #1 in his graduating high school class. He should have known better than to go to Korea. As a parent I put the responsibility and blame on the parents, the people who paid for the passport and the airline ticket. Why wasn't the kid spending the holidays with his family in Wyoming? My mother thinks they were Jewish. Culturally those people might have different family values and view the world differently. He certainly wasn't stealing for money for a Christian church. I feel the Koreans made that whole story up. The you tube video does not show the child's face, and he never fully took the wall poster. The kid was a hot target from a wealthy family and was highly intelligent. It says on line the Koreans kidnap intelligent people from China to be teachers. As a parent I would have said "No, Hell No, Absolutely NO way you are going there." Get a job and earn money for school on the holidays would be my mantra. Ripping up and confiscating the passport would also have been wise. There are just certain places on this planet you just don't visit. Stranger danger. The whole town of Wyoming was told to shut up by Obama. Who did nothing. I knew that whole thing was going to go badly based on the past internet stories of people taken. I prayed for that family for eighteen months. It is the saddest story ever, and it just makes no sense. I feel the North Koreans grabbed him and started saying all their bomb threats globally. They felt bold to do so because they took our American student. The whole situation is that there are crazy dangerous people doing evil things to others on this planet. Parents need to learn to say NO loudly and committedly. Why does someone need bombs? Why can't people get along and be kind to one another? Those people were cruel to be sure. That man knew exactly what was going on. We can not trust them.
edit on 28-2-2019 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

He didn't have to tell the world he believed him.

Exactly the whole point of the thread, really.

Even Trump fetishists can't deny that this is the act of an extreme moron. And we have plenty of them in government here to know one when we see one.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Either way, when negotiating with someone on the other side of the valley, you cant accuse them of being a brutal murderer and expect negotiations in good faith. You both need to compromise.

Yeah. Saying that you believe everything they say is a real good tactic.
Putin said Russia didn't interfere and I believe him. Good tactic.
Kim said he didn't know anything about Warmbier and I believe him. Good tactic.

edit on 2/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That is f'ing sh#tty dude, I would kill the mofo, but I have no family to worry about, so I totally get why you had to let it go

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join