It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Censorship and Deplatforming Happening Now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Regardless of his background etc, people NEED to be opposing islam. Full stop.

Why oppose nazism? Is it because nazism is based on hate and intolerance?

Exactly.

Everyone should be opposing Islam at every level. Because it’s THE MOST hateful, intolerant, fascist, racist, bigoted ideology that has EVER existed on earth or anywhere else.

Anyone who opposed Islam should be given a platform

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

This is exactly what I find frustrating. Teach people how to debate and the world grows.

I’ve thought about this a lot and I think part of it is that a lot of people supporting censorship are young. They haven’t had the time to fully understand why it is bad for their side of the argument as well as what they fight against. They also have not had the time to develop debating skills to allow them to win without censoring.

I hope that doesn’t sound ‘ageist’! It’s what I believe to be true.

When I was at school, we were taught debating skills, including how to argue for the other side. A generation later, my kids did, during religious studies, have open debate in class. Debates were around moral issues and did not involve advocating for anything other than their own views.

a reply to: ColeYounger
The Guardian are complete sell-outs and hypocrites. Few journalist generated articles have a comments section and they regularly sensor, removing all posts that challenge the article's writer claiming the comment was in breach of community rules. Commentators have challenged post removal and had their concerns dismissed.

Also, they have embargoed John Pilger! He called them out for their false reporting on WMD and they have sought to protect their bias by black listing him.

a reply to: fakedirt
Would certainly recommend Off-guardian and go there every day.
edit on 27/2/2019 by teapot because: add

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Uh...this kind of thing has been going on for a while now, dude. You're just now noticing?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Lol he really played them at their own game, what an absolute mad lad.
edit on 27/2/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 comes to mind. Instead of burning the knowledge all they have to do now is flip a switch. The wrong people have to much control over the information we receive.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Down with net neutrality!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Uh...this kind of thing has been going on for a while now, dude. You're just now noticing?

If you look at my thread history you will see I have been fighting media manipulation for a long time.

But just because I know about it you think I shouldn’t help spread the word? Strange concept that will result in complete white washing of public opinion. Or you’re just goading... kudos.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I just bought his book on Amazon because of this OP. As of right now it is still available. I can’t wait to give it a read.

Link

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You're giving Jeff Bezos your money? !

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Robinson utterly exposed the BBC's Panorama program as nothing but propaganda.
It certainly looks like he is being deplatformed as punishment.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Good move.

It looks like .com still sells it but our little .co.uk enterprise has removed it. Thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Good move.

It looks like .com still sells it but our little .co.uk enterprise has removed it. Thanks for the link.

Ah yes, book banning in the UK. Why am I not surprised.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Did you say banning or burning

I want to say ‘we live in crazy times’ but part of me thinks the establishment has been controlling the streams of information for centuries.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Well done to Tommy for beating the BBC at their own game.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If they banned him from FB or IG, that isn't censorship. It is the owners of private entities telling him his viewpoint is unwelcome on THEIR platforms. It may be "social" media but it's their property and he agreed to abide by their terms in the TOS.
"TPTB" is paranoia.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin

If they banned him from FB or IG, that isn't censorship. It is the owners of private entities telling him his viewpoint is unwelcome on THEIR platforms. It may be "social" media but it's their property and he agreed to abide by their terms in the TOS.
"TPTB" is paranoia.

You are ‘technically’ correct.

But because the establishment and populace has allowed these streams of communication to become the peers of information resource then I am happy to declare censorship.

From your definition informationhas become a private entity and ‘they’ (the entity owners) can do what they want.

You see how dangerous that is?

WE USE ‘THEIR’ PLATFORM. WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: MadLad
This doesn’t surprise me and maybe the title should reflect this truth.

You may remember in this country, early Obama homeland security head, with the press pulling, tried to make returning vets the number one danger here for (fill in the blanks) and you name it. People were stunned. Hello record weapons sales lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yup!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

People have been talking about this day for a long time saying censorship would happen if the big corporations and their "sponsors" had their way, but my oh my I have been alarmed at the speed and the brazeness of this.
Just the last 5 weeks alone I have spotted alarming trends on YouTube and reddit. It's not just political public personalities it's literally anything that doesn't fit with the official narrative of what they want us to swallow. I can only dread and imagine where we will be in a years time at this rate.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Crazy ....hope normal people will fight back.....

YouTube. Google. Twitter, Facebook have all been busy since trump got elected to surpass conservative voters.

They even create algorithms for threads that look like your post is seen. But its not.

It's a very creepy way to only show the content and comments they prefer to be shown.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join