It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Censorship and Deplatforming Happening Now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In my opinion we should use facts and evidence to combat hate and lies.

We should not allow TPTB to censor anyone... especially under false claims of bigotry.

The BBC call Tommy Robinson ‘the far right founder of the EDL’. The EDL was a far right group called the English Defence League. Tommy Robinson has, since being involved with the EDL and then leaving them behind, Tommy Robinson has admitted he was wrong and has declared he has learned. Like we all have done, we have learned from our mistakes.

He remains vocal on the subject of Islamic extremism and grooming gangs.

The BBC has recently tried to set Tommy Robinson up, using lies and fake news. Manipulated quotes and fake stories.

Tommy managed to beat the BBC at their own game.

What follows are EVIDENCE and FACTS proving the BBC manufactures FAKE NEWS and are in fact complicit in racism and associated heavily with a far left group, which you will see is accused of sexual abuse.

Forget the mainstream narrative. Forget the BS, here is the truth about the BBC:

Source

Since publishing this video Tommy Robinson has been banned from Facebook and Instagram... it got 1 million views in 24 hours. He has had his book removed from Amazon and is banned from Twitter. Soon he will be gone from YouTube.

No matter your views, this is deeply serious. Deeply serious. The establishment is in control. The are controlling the stream of communication.

Make your own mind up but I urge you to rely on facts and evidence.
edit on 27-2-2019 by and14263 because: Changes title.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't know how anyone can stand behind censorship of any type.

But I'm sure there are people more than happy each time someone they don't like gets struck down.

It's all fine and dandy until the ban hammer keeps hammering on and they are the only nails left. I'm sure then they will be appalled at the situation and scream from the rooftops.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
He can just join the left and rail against white men and this will all go away. A pretty simple solution in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It is the government forcing the hands of these companies with threats of regulation and fines. So though it is corporate censorship, world governments are pressuring them to do so.

Jeremy Wright, the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, met with Zuckerberg a few days before Robinson's banning from Facebook.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MadLad
This doesn’t surprise me and maybe the title should reflect this truth.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't understand how anyone on the left that preaches democracy and the power of the people reconciles allowing this type of censorship to happen. The college where I live is blocking essentially any right wing group from speaking on campus. That is not how democracy works. These groups are part of the people, too, whether you agree with them or not.

In fact, most of them are low hanging fruit that would be very easy to dismantle in a civilized debate in a public forum. Why the leftists run away from them and then censor their right to speak tells me everything I need to know about this new leftist movement. They are cowards and they favor authoritarianism. It's not the people, it's only people that fall in line. That combination is infinitely more dangerous than any backwoods, gap-toothed white supremacist group. Especially at a systemic level which it has now become.
edit on 27-2-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth
This is exactly what I find frustrating. Teach people how to debate and the world grows.

I’ve thought about this a lot and I think part of it is that a lot of people supporting censorship are young. They haven’t had the time to fully understand why it is bad for their side of the argument as well as what they fight against. They also have not had the time to develop debating skills to allow them to win without censoring.

I hope that doesn’t sound ‘ageist’! It’s what I believe to be true.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Oddly I was reading the link below for unrelated reasons but it is pertinent here as well.

Surely they are joking?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I don't understand how anyone on the left that preaches democracy and the power of the people reconciles allowing this type of censorship to happen.

There are left-wing "progressives" that claim this censorship wave isn't even happening. It's just a 'fake crisis' that right-wingers made up. That's how insane the left is. There's no reasoning with them.

Free Speech Panic

The guy that wrote the story is a Marxist.

Then they have the unmitigated gall to claim this:
Guardian journalism is rooted in facts with a progressive perspective on the world. We are editorially independent, meaning we set our own agenda. Our journalism is free from commercial bias and not influenced by billionaire owners, politicians or shareholders. No one steers our opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

If you pay a BBC license you support censorship

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
Well, they used to be trusted and supposedly unbiased.

I never bought it but many people trusted them heavily.

I guess that link you post is a blatant case of if they say they are doing it then they are not. If that makes sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Hmmmm ban Tommy but cover up the likes of Jimmy Saville.

Hypocrisy in the extreme.

It does make you wonder who is actually pulling the strings.

I'm from an age when "Auntie Beeb" was trusted. Sadly those days are long gone.
edit on 27-2-2019 by Cymru because: Typo

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This sticks in my throat.

Not trusted them since.

wtc7.net...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I don't understand how anyone on the left that preaches democracy and the power of the people reconciles allowing this type of censorship to happen.

There are left-wing "progressives" that claim this censorship wave isn't even happening. It's just a 'fake crisis' that right-wingers made up. That's how insane the left is. There's no reasoning with them.

Free Speech Panic

The guy that wrote the story is a Marxist.

Then they have the unmitigated gall to claim this:
Guardian journalism is rooted in facts with a progressive perspective on the world. We are editorially independent, meaning we set our own agenda. Our journalism is free from commercial bias and not influenced by billionaire owners, politicians or shareholders. No one steers our opinion.

my good fellow

a link for you which gives a new perspective on the mentioned rag lol!

off-guardian.org...

regards fakedirt.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Yes, but it's cheaper than paying £1000 fine plus any legal costs and/or compensation for having no TV license.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Yes, but it's cheaper than paying £1000 fine plus any legal costs and/or compensation for having no TV license.

Cheaper to get rid of the propaganda machine. The TV

Happy day to you.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

originally posted by: purplemer

Only pay if you watch LIVE BBC.

That is it.

Otherwise declare online you do not use one then write a letter (available online) to remove any implied rights of access to your property. Edit to add: You should research this yourself, don’t get into trouble off the back of my pent up words.

edit on 27-2-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You have the link?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Something like this

However I am reading on the forums related to the license that this is a bad idea, it draws attention to yourself. Not sure on that one. I have done it and have had no ‘attention’ but I don’t watch the tv and only watch bbc at work where it is licensed.

Possibly a scare tactic.

Here is the site for registering you don’t need one TVL Site

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The corporate control of the media is now absolute. In fact it is starting to look like pre war censorship. Because historically speaking this is how the long term financial cycle ends, the problem is who is the bogey man? my bet is still Russia. But it could be Venezuela Syria or Iran take your pick.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join