It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan shoots down 2 Indian Airforce jets and 1 helicopter.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Just breaking now, 2 Indian jets entered Pakistani airspace and were shot down. One pilot captured. Also 1 helicopter crashes in Kashmir suspected shot down.

ISLAMABAD/NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Pakistan shot down two Indian jets on Wednesday, a spokesman for the Pakistan armed forces said, a day after Indian warplanes struck inside Pakistan for the first time since a war in 1971, prompting leading powers to urge the nuclear armed rivals to show restraint.

mobile.reuters.com...

Yay, more war!

www.rt.com...

edit on 27/2/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/2/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Not good, this was retailiation.

India won't be happy and perhaps they needed a kick in the arse to get things going...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Not sure about that, im guessing Pakistan shot them down because they enetered Kashmir, retaliation will come on Indian soil

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I had an Indian colleague at work try to explain why India and Pakistan hate each other. It's rooted in some 5,000 year old territorial rights...or something like that.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Not good, very dangerous games being played.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Doesn't both India and Pakistan have Nuclear weapons?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
They will most likely de-escalate this because they are two countries that used to be the same one and are basically the same people. Only religion seperates them.

In my opinion there could be a third party pitting the two against each other as they may have much to gain from them embattled and against each other rather than working together in harmony.

A big Russia China India summit is comming up and this could put a big wrench in those clockworks.

The last thing some would like to see is China Russia and India working together.

So in my opinion there may be more broder disputes and more terrorist attacks with one goal. Division.

Classic warfare strategy.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yes, and neither will use them. They've had like 8 wars since the 60's, 3 or 4 of them being in their nuclear days.

No nukes will fly

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Yes, and neither will use them. They've had like 8 wars since the 60's, 3 or 4 of them being in their nuclear days.

No nukes will fly

That's a relief! Thanks for educating me on their history.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Interesting times ahead. I posted in a thread I made previously, my thoughts were they would conventional border skirmishes.

It makes you wonder if Pakistan had any help in air defence.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Pakistan has stated before that if it comes to an actual conventional war, they will use their nukes.

India struck what it claims were 5 terrorist training camps in Pakistan. FYI India has had pretty much daily terrorist attacks originating from Pakistan, and this is what they used for justification of the strikes. (en.wikipedia.org...)

Pakistan has also ordered strikes in Indian controlled areas in retaliation, and has had one of their F-16s reportedly shot down.

For those of you who are not aware, the area of Kashmir has almost always had skirmishes between Pakistani and Indian forces, though they have not had full on airstrikes and the like since 1971, and the last time it heated up in 1999 was mostly limited in scope.

edit on 27-2-2019 by dubiousatworst because: link and correction

edit on 27-2-2019 by dubiousatworst because: edit edit

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I had an Indian colleague at work try to explain why India and Pakistan hate each other. It's rooted in some 5,000 year old territorial rights...or something like that.

India and Pakistan were the same country back in the 50s, it divided over Muslim issues and considering Muslim’s only started as a religion @1500 years ago I think your Indian friend might be a little off in their understanding of history

en.m.wikipedia.org...

But there could be more I don’t know.

link   
apparently India shot a pakistani fighter down per reuters as of 15 minutes ago

link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Pakistan has stated before that if it comes to an actual conventional war, they will use their nukes.

No, Pakistan follows a no first use policy, stop spreading lies.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
There have been fights over that region for ages. Sikhs became a thing specifically because of this far later on.

However there is some historical evidence of it being war torn far earlier
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
It isn't a lie.
nationalinterest.org...

China and India have a no first strike policy, but Pakistan does not.

edit in more sources

www.defencejournal.com...
books.google.com... ZA84idxrapVm7Zd66Ew&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq-cDLgp7KAhVBuBoKHaMcCCwQ6AEIRDAF#v=onepage&q=pakistan%20will%20use%20any%20weapon%20in%20its%20arsenal&f=f alse

edit on 27-2-2019 by dubiousatworst because: more sources

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Footage of indian pilot captured
twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hindus Sikhs and Muslims detest each other. The blood that was shed when the border went up as each group turned on each other was mind blowing. They will never EVER be friends neither side will or can forget the atrocities that occurred 70yrs ago. That utter hatred and contempt for each other is one of the reasons Pakistan was born in the first place and still hasn't solved the problem

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
They will most likely de-escalate this because they are two countries that used to be the same one and are basically the same people. Only religion seperates them.

De-escalate because it's only Religion that separates them?
History does not support your premise.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
pompeo is telling them to chill for all the good it will do ,india definitely has the advantage in the situation though

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join