It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the methodology of ufo research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would like to start a subject to hear your opinions about the state of ufo research.sorry for the 50s title but didnt have any better

It seems to me that we still strive to prove to a ufo was seen and it did in fact exist.Heres a sample from mufon

mufoncms.com...

What we ve seen so far is countless mentions of ufos that have all the colours of the spectrum,have all sizes from small to humongous,and all shapes(discoid,triangular,acorn,bathtub,cone etc). What will this prove to us assuming we input the data in a computer program?Will it provide any data of interest?In 70-80 years of modern ufology haven't we amassed enough data of this kind?

Since we have concluded they are real shouldnt we be searching why they are here and what do they want?

We constantly talk about goverment disclosure and how free energy will do this and that,how ufos operate,what technology they use and we miss the objective which is to research what they are doing when they do land in remote areas time and again and what do they want.

Trying to find how a ufo works is pointless until we get our hands on one.Sure some will say we already got plenty but until the goverment shows proof that it indeed has one i ll be sceptical on that.

What about poltergeist like phenomena that follow ufo sightings?Phones ringing in the dead of night,footsteps heard in the house?Sounds like a ghost story?There might be a connection at least thats what many cases show,Heres a snipet from redferns site

"The investigations by BAASS provided new lines of evidence showing that the UFO phenomenon was a lot more than nuts and bolts machines that interacted with military aircraft. The phenomenon also involved a whole panoply of diverse activity that included bizarre creatures, poltergeist activity, invisible entities, orbs of light, animal and human injuries and much more."

mysteriousuniverse.org...

What about cattle mutilation cases?Im not talking about Multon howe where even a roadkill is attributed to aliens,but there are cases reported alongside nocturnal lights.Are we to assume aliens love burgers and steaks?

What about the deception on the part of the ufonauts,we come from venus from mars etc,Or the many failed predictions they gave and still give to abductees about huge nuclear catastrophes that will hit eart.Is there some kind of psychological warfare going on?For what purpose

I contend that we need to examine what are they doing that requires frequent touchdowns in remote areas,why almost always under cover of darkness,why do they need so many human samples since abductees still claim they are having invasive procedures,and most importantly,many abductees claim that aliens come through walls,ceilings etc,what is the occult connection here?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

"It's a cookbook!" is the best answer I've heard. I've also heard we exist to mine all the gold and gather it to one location so the extraterrestrials can transport it off planet. I've also heard extraterrestrials love playing a game a thrones with who is in charge because it's entertaining. I've also heard they are telepathic vampires who feed off certain energies coming out of our minds when we are frustrated and unhappy in our lives.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What I've heard is that the UFOs are nothing more than lost travellers following older radiation based maps and only came by the Earty by accident. Hence why most UFO sightings are blink and you miss it events. As far as I know, I've never seen a UFO stay for more than like a week so that gives more ground to this theory. However, this doesn't really explain cow killings, nazca lines, abductions and what not.

I would like to mention that while I am a firm believer in UFO's, I do strongly believe that there are many people faking their experiences which is taking away from actual experinces with UFOs. Because of these fakers, we will never get a real explanation as to why.

Most of the time, those saying stuff along the lines of "Aliens kidnapped me and told me about the nuclear war on May 15th 2051" are obvious fakers. My personal belief is that the fakes are just making these up not to hide alien life cause a small majority of people do believe in extraterrestrial life, but for the obvious reasons like money and clout.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You've missed the main one off the UFO database. That's just a light in the sky.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Agreed.if anything this kind of research hasnt provided a single shred of evidence apart from that there is something out there.We definetly need to reevaluate our research

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The research into nuts and bolts extraterrestrial craft and beings is severely limited. It's much more complicated than the startrek paradigm and is as much a supernatural, mystical and paranormal phenomenon. Perhaps even religious. imo, humans aren't even capable of understanding this fantastic cosmos. A few shaman have been given tiny glimpses thru various substances, disciplines and rituals.

Talking monkeys even have a difficult time understanding other talking monkeys.

Timendi causa est nescire.
edit on 18-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My guess is that it does what it does because it want to isolate certain people.

How? It will manifest under extraordinary out of this world event of high strangeness to get the subject's attention. It will get it.

When? It will wait all your life span if it wants, it is not in a hurry, at all.

Why? It is all about finding a way to isolate you from your peers. It want you to tell your story, it wants you to be judged by your friends, your loved ones.
It wants people around you to call you a liar, an attention seeker... It loves to watch isolated people fall into depression, drugs, alcohol, whatnot... because of it's trickery.
A subject committing suicide is it's win.
It also really loves to watch people get into arguments about who's right and who's wrong about the unimportant wizardry stuff.
As long as people are in conflicts it is enjoying to the fullest.

Hence the reason people associate this to demonic manifestations.

In the end if it's goal is never reached it will move on without a care.

To any experiencers out there, my advice would be to be careful about opening yourselves to anyone irl. You have more to lose than to gain.

For the non believers I'd just say that I understand you.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

"Since we have concluded they are real shouldnt we be searching why they are here and what do they want?"

When did we conclude that exactly? Isn't that making a stretch between someone reporting seeing something flying that they can't identify into sentient non earth life forms in some kind of craft?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So you discard hundreds of cases of landings along with the occupants seen?or the hundreds of abductee reports?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
So you discard hundreds of cases of landings along with the occupants seen?or the hundreds of abductee reports?
Name any single abduction case you think is evidence of aliens. Name any landing case you think is evidence of aliens. I've heard of plenty of cases but none of them have convincing evidence of aliens. I have never seen a single case of any kind that gives me any suggestion of alien visitation, though plenty of the cases you mention give me a strong indication of human imagination, and bias.

If you want to hear a scientist's perspective, this is Carl Sagan talking about the evidence of a popular abduction case, and he also comments on the lack of any scientific evidence from any other case that would prove alien visitation:

That's not to say there aren't aliens, maybe the "Wow signal" was evidence of aliens, but we don't really know what caused that so maybe not, the cause is still unknown. Maybe other astronomical observations are not fully understood and maybe aliens could be one possible explanation, but there could be other explanations which don't involve aliens, so again if the cause is unknown, it's unknown.

If you want to look at what the evidence of alien abductions shows, here is some evidence to consider:

Some scientific explanations for alien abduction that aren’t so out of this world

one characteristic that is associated with abduction experiences is a proclivity for fantasy.

Mixed evidence supports the theory that fantasy-prone people engage in elaborate imaginings and often confuse fantasy with reality. There are also other psychological explanations, such as dissociation – where an individual’s mental processes detach from each other and from reality, often in response to extreme or stressful life events. A tendency towards being fantasy-prone and dissociation has been linked in studies to childhood trauma and hypnotic suggestibility.

Psychologists argue that hypnosis encourages the creation and recall of detailed fantasies. For example, Betty and Barney Hill’s account was typical of reported alien encounters: medical examinations or procedures, communication with alien captors, a powerful, mystical feeling, tours of spaceships and journeys to other planets before being returned to the car. And it was under hypnosis that these “missing memories” were “recovered”.

It’s for these reasons that it’s believed alien abduction experiences may arise from a combination of personality characteristics and susceptibility to false memories.

Brain sensitivity

Studies suggest that neuropsychological theories, particularly sleep paralysis and temporal lobe sensitivity, also could explain claims of alien abduction.
So this line of thought doesn't necessarily dismiss the claims so much as it uses research and evidence show how it's not necessary for alien visitation to be involved for these experiences to be reported.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
I contend that we need to examine what are they doing that requires frequent touchdowns in remote areas,why almost always under cover of darkness,why do they need so many human samples since abductees still claim they are having invasive procedures,and most importantly,many abductees claim that aliens come through walls,ceilings etc,what is the occult connection here?

My analysis is there are a variety of them that visit/station here. Some have clearances to land others may not. And still others would be more pirate like and sneak in for the biological-mineral valuables and try to sneak off without being detected by SOL System/EA*RTH Space authority/protection...

Some of them I feel-sense possess similar CREATOR Essence which in a human perspective is a soul/spirit. There appears to be a supernatural and or paranormal connection as well.
With all this in mind some may be just visiting on a fly/glide by. Others may be positioned in case some not allowed showed up. Others could be doctors and or scientist doing research. Others engineers surveying planetary mineral deposits. And last others may be here to WATCH the physical and or Spiritual development of the various ecosystems associated with moons, planets and Star Systems and so are observing and evaluating possibly for a higher influence or influences not fully perceived.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Sagan was an astronomer,if i want to hear a scientists opinion on this it would be the late John E. Macks before Carl Sagans

"Some other intelligence is reaching out to us. It's the most exciting work I've ever done," claims Mack. A few minutes later he admits, "I'm shocked in a way to hear myself saying such things. But I've been as careful as possible to exhaust conventional explanantion. None of them begin to explain this phenomenon."

As for cases i could string 5-10 links and you would still disagree,So we would be in a zugzwang.

But the point im trying to make is that the way research is being done now(cataloging color shape size) is pointless and hasn't led us anywhere nor it will ever will.

These ufos come in all shapes forms sizes colors.Either there are thousands of life forms visiting,or the phenomenon is tricking and deceiving us.We need to focus on what is it that creates the ufo flaps time and again in the same areas with the same activities it seems.

a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I starting to think the people(contactess) who talk about higher frequencies may be on to something.Many ufo cases have this phrase in them "and then the ufo vanished, Did it fly away or what? No just vanished" Maybe Like infrared which we dont see ufos change frequency and just vanish.

as for the mineral valuables i would disagree,i think whatever we have can be found elsewhere,cant comment on the biological valuables since i really dont know.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

"What is the occult connection here?"

A very intelligent question that I wish alot of other people in ufology would look into. Look at all the people thay went to Esalen that became heavily involved in ufology and you'll have some of your answer. Then look at what these people believe and thay might give you more insight... You'd be surprised who went there...

In terms of how ufo research methodology, it appears that alot of people now just wait for the next big story,organisation,sighting,podcast interview etc etc etc and want to be spoon-fed information.

The biggest issue I see is thay whenever something come along its consumed not researched properly and then people just simply move onto the next big thing that's out.

Fast food ufology, It's almost become consumerism!

It just frustrates me at times how much people don't pay attention and properly look and listen to what's being said and to what isn't.
edit on p28655192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

edit on p32649192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join