It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Declaring National Emergency for Wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is quite the headline for liberal newspaper Los Angeles Times.
(Pelosi, Waters, Schiff, Feinstein country)

Trump's 'national emergency' just played the Democrats for suckers

Article Itself: www.latimes.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump's national emergency: keep black and brown people out of the country!

Racist much?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

All I'm saying is that Pelosi picked a really stupid way to make her point and that she handed the GOP and NRA a goldmine for 2020.

As for the rest, well...you're assuming a lot.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This is quite the headline for liberal newspaper Los Angeles Times.
(Pelosi, Waters, Schiff, Feinstein country)

Trump's 'national emergency' just played the Democrats for suckers

Article Itself: www.latimes.com...

well
it is not like this particular law was enacted after trump won the election
seems chuck and nancy are more dense than previously demonstrated

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: JPtruther
Thread already up - www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a mudpit thread. There can be multiple if one is a mudpit.
Good thing, too. There are many items that I would address, but being in the Mudpit, I don't even click on them. Just my small way of improving the tenor of the site.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: HonorablyTainted

Donald Trump just ended his presidency.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: JPtruther
Thread already up - www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a mudpit thread. There can be multiple if one is a mudpit.
Good thing, too. There are many items that I would address, but being in the Mudpit, I don't even click on them. Just my small way of improving the tenor of the site.

Eh, I've been navigating that one alright, positioned comfortably in the middle of the issue.

Only encountered minor trolling to actual debate.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump's national emergency: keep black and brown people out of the country!

Keep non-citizens and criminals out of the country. Look at some being caught at the border coming from Asia.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

She is just pointing out the ramifications of using Presidential rights frivolously. If Trump can do it for the wall, why can't another President do it for guns, healthcare or whatever hot button issue that Congress refuses to pass that is in vogue at that time?

The following data is from Wikipedia:
  • National Emergency declared April 12, 2010 by Barack Obama: "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia (Executive Order 13536)" - Still in effect.
  • National Emergency declared February 25, 2011 by Barack Obama: "Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya (Executive Order 13566)" - Still in effect.
  • National Emergency declared July 24, 2011 by Barack Obama: "Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations (Executive Order 13581)" - Still in effect.
  • National Emergency declared May 16, 2012 by Barack Obama: "Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen (Executive Order 13611)" - Still in effect.
  • National Emergency declared March 6, 2014 by Barack Obama: "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine (Executive Order 13660)" - Still in effect.
  • National Emergency declared April 3, 2014 by Barack Obama: "Blocking Property of Certain Persons With Respect to South Sudan (Executive Order 13664)" - Still in effect.
  • National Emergency declared May 12, 2014 by Barack Obama: "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic (Executive Order 13667)" - Still in effect.
  • National Emergency declared March 8, 2015 by Barack Obama: "Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela (Executive Order 13692)" - Still in effect.
  • National Emergency declared April 1, 2015 by Barack Obama: "Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities (Executive Order 13694)" - Still in effect.
  • National Emergency declared November 22, 2015 by Barack Obama: "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi (Executive Order 13712)" - Still in effect.
You were saying something about precedent?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Just ignore the racists and they'll fade away into oblivion. We did it here with the KKK; it works.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: HonorablyTainted

Donald Trump just ended his presidency.

wow
really
was it the blue tie?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Amazing... Trump just told the American people what many of us already knew... he can do the jobs he needs to do with much less than Congress appropriates! Well, duh... just stop spending $500 for a toilet seat cover.

So, based on what I have heard, the wall is going to be built using excess spending that isn't needed elsewhere. Considering that excess money is coming from income received by the government, and considering that El Chapo has forfeited several times the cost of the wall to the US government, and considering that El Chapo is Mexican and was one of the higher ranking members of the Mexican drug cartels... that means...

MEXICAN CARTELS ARE PAYING FOR THE WALL!

Is anybody tired of winning yet?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

MEXICAN CARTELS ARE PAYING FOR THE WALL! Is anybody tired of winning yet?

Good lord MAN ZIM !!!! Are you trying to break the INTERNETZ by using WMT Weapons of Mass Triggering ?

I can only hope that the US gov't is actually able to get their hands on el chapos billions and trump to get up in one of the debates with his smirk and say "See I told you I would get Mexico to pay for it". haha .

edit on 20228America/ChicagoFri, 15 Feb 2019 11:20:08 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Imagine if Obama had done this to build his fortress, but you all would have supported it then? or had Hillary won you would for sure of have supported her doing something like this

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Border security is essential to national defense and national defense is one of the primary duties of the president. If Obama or Hillary had declared a national emergency to build a border wall, I'd have been 100% supportive of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Imagine if Obama had done this to build his fortress, but you all would have supported it then? or had Hillary won you would for sure of have supported her doing something like this

I think building the wall before going after the companies that are giving illegals incentives and encouraging them to come here is the the most cost prohibitive and least effective way to go. I also didn't vote for trump.

BUT

Trump ran with the campaign promise to build the wall and he won the election . So since the democrats aren't playing ball he is looking to deliver his campaign promise. I didn't vote for him nor do i think the wall will be effective how its being implemented but I can't fault him for delivering a campaign promise at what ever legal means necessary. Don't recall any politicians doing as such

edit on 39228America/ChicagoFri, 15 Feb 2019 12:39:54 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Considering that excess money is coming from income received by the government, and considering that El Chapo has forfeited several times the cost of the wall to the US government, and considering that El Chapo is Mexican and was one of the higher ranking members of the Mexican drug cartels... that means...

Since we are doing loops in logic we could also just say all that el chapo money is simply stolen from the american public by the usa gov. via the war on drugs.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Since we are doing loops in logic we could also just say all that el chapo money is simply stolen from the american public by the usa gov. via the war on drugs.

So we get the wall AND money back that was stolen from us? I hadn't thought of that... great point!

I like your logic.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Boiled down....

I dont need to do this.

I want to do it fast.

because of the election.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Boiled down....

I dont need to do this.

I want to do it fast.

because of the election.

He’s doing it. Just like he said. Yet ANOTHER campaign promise kept.

The wall is ALREADY being built. Now he’s going to add a whole lot more construction.
A big, beautiful wall.

Six years until he steps aside and let’s another republican carry on his great plans.

The “REEEEEEEEEE” is outstanding.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join