It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Declaring National Emergency for Wall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
President Trump is going to sign bill presented after bipartisan negotiations partially funding his proposed 5.7 billion dollar border wall also averting another partial government shutdown. Since this bill will not completely fund the wall he is declaring a national emergency according to white house officials. This will most assuredly be fought on both a congressional level as well as a judiciary, but many have stated that he is on solid legal ground, which does make sense considering the many times each previous Presidents have used this in the past.

Here's the article.

www.foxnew... s.com/politics/mcconnell-says-trump-prepared-to-sign-border-security-bill-and-will-declare-national-emergency

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HonorablyTainted

Unless the fine print of which he is signing is designed to prevent him from doing so, as some sources suggest. With next to no time to read the document in its entirety... who's to say?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Who didn't see this coming? It is going to be a legal battle. I will wait and see. It is good news the government will not shut down again.
edit on 14-2-2019 by iplay1up2 because: Punctuation

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thread already up - www.abovetopsecret.com...

MOD NOTE
One thread is in the Mud Pit.
One is not.
It is an exception to the duplicate rule.
edit on Thu Feb 14 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I remember when Carter declared a national emergency and if I am not mistaken the national emergency thingy has been declared over 50 times.. So... Whatever legal ground the opposition has against Trump doing what he said he would do is just a waste of time IMO. This is a win win as the bloated government stays open and Trump is freer to maneuver and get his wall built. youtu.be...

Remember the thread and article about the cartels paying off the Mexican President and members of the democratic party... I would include republicans in that whole corrupt deal... Otherwise how can anyone justify the bill passed by congress that awaits Trump's signature ? It is the details of the 2500 pages that should make everyone take notice..
edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther
Thread already up - www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a mudpit thread. There can be multiple if one is a mudpit.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

And now the crypt keeper Pelosi is suggesting that when a democrat is in the oval office, that president may declare gun a national crisis. I'm assuming she is suggesting confiscation of rifles and other guns that have large magazines...I would enjoy seeing this happen due to the fact there is a large silent majority if democrats that do own firearms...

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Meltdown Starting

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

And now the crypt keeper Pelosi is suggesting that when a democrat is in the oval office, that president may declare gun a national crisis. I'm assuming she is suggesting confiscation of rifles and other guns that have large magazines...I would enjoy seeing this happen due to the fact there is a large silent majority if democrats that do own firearms...

Pelosi truly is the gift that keeps on giving. That statement is going to be a nightmare for the Dems in 2020. Trump and the NRA are going to have a field day running ads on that.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Do you have a link CM?
Holy sh!t, talk about shooting yourself in the head.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would not give them my guns but bullets...gladly

This is what happens when you lower the bar to get your way.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Since there are so many of these duplicate threads today, I've resorted to copy/paste:

-----------------Begin Copy/Paste------------------

Nancy Pelosi: "If Trump declares one, we'll do the same for our causes, when a Democrat is President!"

1. Democrats will challenge President Trump's declaration all the way up to the Supreme Court...and LOSE.

2. Republicans will challenge a Democrat President's declaration all the way up to the Supreme Court...and WIN.

By the time a Democrat is President, the Supreme Court will be SOLIDLY Right/Republican-friendly.

Pelosi, Schumer and the small-brained liberal pundits on CNN, MSNBC, are incapable of thinking beyond the next few months, lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Lowest illegal immigration numbers in decades. Highest rate of deportations in years. National emergency declared.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Trump says $8 billion is going for "The Wall" 😎

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is like 8% of what California receives in federal funding each year. So crumbs, really.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Update-
The signing of this bill will in effect stop the declaration of a national emergency as the President is agreeing to funding and would more than likely lead to any legal challenge presented by the democratic party to win.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HonorablyTainted

Update-
The signing of this bill will in effect stop the declaration of a national emergency as the President is agreeing to funding and would more than likely lead to any legal challenge presented by the democratic party to win.

Where in "The Bill" does it say that ?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: xuenchen

That is like 8% of what California receives in federal funding each year. So crumbs, really.

Bricks turn to gravel 😷

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Lowest illegal immigration numbers in decades. Highest rate of deportations in years. National emergency declared.

Even so, there is more than enough affiliated crime to make it a national emergency. Unless you don't believe law enforcement and Department of Homeland Security.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join