It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US has largest, most powerful unelected government in history

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Personal liberty is the most important political issue and you are right we are doing much better in that regard than any other country in the world.

It still would be nice to get our Government back for “We the “People”.

In what regard do you consider our personal liberty better than any other country in the world?

Freedom of religion? Freedom of speech? Freedom of movement?

Getting back to the OP: There are no countries, no governments. There are only corporations and dollars. (Paraphrased from Network...a highly underappreciated movie from the late 70's.)

All you have to do is look up one post before the one you quoted
Question was already answered
Wonderfully

edit on 2/8/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It is not the whole corporate sector that has congress in it's pocket, only certain big corporations have the money and greed to start controlling congress. The canning factory or factory that is just processing food for the people is not usually evil. But if you take big companies like Monsanto and the big Pharma companies along with big food corporations like, but not limited to, Kellog and others, then you start to see the problem. In the food industry, it is usually not the farmers or companies doing the troublesome stuff, it is the big corporations that make the chemicals that they treat food with that do most of the lobbying. You see, the more chemicals they get approved, the more they can scare the farmers and food industries into using the foods that poison us but preserve the food longer. Many food additives are anti-microbials but listed as things like thickeners so they do not have to show they are harmful to humans in certain ways. So this information is not legal, then the food corporations side with the chemical companies to increase profits and they cannot challenge the chemical companies because they were involved in the deceit, having believed something that was not true. So they tend to stick with the big chemical corporations because they falsly believe they will back them...the chemical companies have great influence in our government, they will make chemistry for food that calms and slightly dopes the masses for them.

We have a pile of tornado effects going on in our country where small corporations and the food companies are sucked in and can't escape because of lies they believed all along. This means the big corporations and their investors have everyone in their pocket. safety in numbers applies, even though most of the smaller corporations do not like deceiving others, they are sucked into the tornado.

And so are our politicians, most think they are actually doing what is best for our people when in fact the opposite is occurring.
edit on 8-2-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

a reply to: worldstarcountry

Personal liberty is the most important political issue and you are right we are doing much better in that regard than any other country in the world.

It still would be nice to get our Government back for “We the “People”.

In what regard do you consider our personal liberty better than any other country in the world?

Freedom of religion? Freedom of speech? Freedom of movement?

Getting back to the OP: There are no countries, no governments. There are only corporations and dollars. (Paraphrased from Network...a highly underappreciated movie from the late 70's.)

All you have to do is look up one post before the one you quoted
Question was already answered
Wonderfully

There are other countries where people can do the same things. It's not a declaration of "OMG America is the most free country in the world." So the question stands.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Aw snap!

I was about to prove which nation on earth is the most free, but sadly a map showing number of TV channels per nation wasnt available.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 8-2-2019 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: edumakated

“Provide some examples of where government running something is more innovative and performs better than the free market...

How about the public bank of North Dakota? It’s a state owned bank that doesn’t provide incentives or bonuses based upon commission, so there’s little chance for corruption.

They have been described as more successful than Goldman, provide millions directly to the economy for schools, infrastructure etc, and actually provide loans for creating new business and growing the economy, as opposed to private banks who generally only provide loans for corporate takeovers and real estate.

Further, they are invested mostly locally rather than in risky hedge funds and toxic packages, and helped North Dakota be the only state who didn’t suffer during the 08 crisis, and indeed I believe their economy continued to grow during that time. And I mean their real economy, not the stock market or other fake indicators.

www.shareable.net...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

My only experience with govt work, civil service, was working in a govt hospital. Honestly, the workers were pretty much like all the nurses, techs, etc that I work with everywhere else. Except, we did get slightly above pay for the area, not for the nation, and we did have excellent benefits and a reasonable amount of pto.

It was almost like working in a private hospital from before 08, when the private sector started using the crisis as an excuse to arrest wages, decline raises, reduce benefits, all while boasting record profits. No lie, 5 years ago a hospital I worked in bragged about their most profitable year ever, at 500 billion profit, and in the same meeting stated they couldn’t afford more than 2% raise that year.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

In what regard do you consider our personal liberty better than any other country in the world? Freedom of religion? Freedom of speech? Freedom of movement?

All of the above.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

In what regard do you consider our personal liberty better than any other country in the world? Freedom of religion? Freedom of speech? Freedom of movement?

All of the above.

I’m sure we have plenty people on here from Canada. Britain. Norway. Germany. Etc. let’s ask them if they feel any less free than us. Come on all you sorry sack, European serfs and Canadian debt peons. Chime in here and tell us about your life in bondage, and how much you wished you were American!!

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

This is always a fun list to reference when people say that America is the most free country in the world when it comes to everything.

World Press Freedom Index

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

My only experience with govt work, civil service, was working in a govt hospital. Honestly, the workers were pretty much like all the nurses, techs, etc that I work with everywhere else. Except, we did get slightly above pay for the area, not for the nation, and we did have excellent benefits and a reasonable amount of pto.

It was almost like working in a private hospital from before 08, when the private sector started using the crisis as an excuse to arrest wages, decline raises, reduce benefits, all while boasting record profits. No lie, 5 years ago a hospital I worked in bragged about their most profitable year ever, at 500 billion profit, and in the same meeting stated they couldn’t afford more than 2% raise that year.

Fair enough, but these are the dirtbags I was referencing.

]]]]

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Don’t have time atm to watch the video but I will. All I have to go on is my experience with coworkers in govt, as well as my postal workers, etc which are amazing, btw!! Shout out to the dahlonega postal workers! But there are #ty workers everywhere. The banks are private and they perpetrated the largest fraud in history, then got paid for it. For specifically defrauding the world. And the working classes of numerous nations were forced into austerity because of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The first time I hear someone on the TV media talk about organizing a strike only then will I ever consider claiming the TV media has a "liberal" bias.

yea, the rest of us just us that black magic called "common sense". I'm sure in your world, the MSM is all Fox News.

I don't watch any TV news. It's too right wing. If I'm interested in left wing news I go to truthout.org.

What I find amazing is people who claim to have the most common sense invariably turn out to be the ones with the most irrational beliefs.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The first time I hear someone on the TV media talk about organizing a strike only then will I ever consider claiming the TV media has a "liberal" bias.

yea, the rest of us just us that black magic called "common sense". I'm sure in your world, the MSM is all Fox News.

What I find amazing is people who claim to have the most common sense invariably turn out to be the ones with the most irrational beliefs.

That sounds like a self-diagnosis.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm weary of people who advocate for government regulation. The "corporate sector" is largely filled with fellow citizens, like us. Deregulation gives us more freedom. Regulation takes away freedom.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

All of the above.

I’m sure we have plenty people on here from Canada. Britain. Norway. Germany. Etc. let’s ask them if they feel any less free than us. Come on all you sorry sack, European serfs and Canadian debt peons. Chime in here and tell us about your life in bondage, and how much you wished you were American!!

Canada here. I feel less free. As a recent example, the Trudeau government just gave police the power to order a breathalyzer without probable cause. This would violate America's 4th amendment.
edit on 8-2-2019 by MadLad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MadLad

All of the above.

Canada here. I feel less free. As a recent example, the Trudeau government just gave police the power to order a breathalyzer without probable cause. This would violate America's 4th amendment.

When you driving in you car, so they damn well should, driving is not a right, if your suspected of drinking and driving you should be breathalysed.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

This is always a fun list to reference when people say that America is the most free country in the world when it comes to everything.

World Press Freedom Index

Seems like freedom is an illusion to many.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

All of the above.

You realize that here, in the us, the police can pull you over, and if you have anything over a few hundred dollars on you they can and do take it from you. Permanently. Without recourse.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

All of the above.

When you driving in you car, so they damn well should, driving is not a right, if your suspected of drinking and driving you should be breathalysed.

But to be free from unreasonable search and seizure is a right. Like I said, they can demand a breathalyzer even if you are not suspected of drinking and driving. They removed probable cause.
edit on 8-2-2019 by MadLad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join