It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What preparations are being made for a no-deal Brexit ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: and14263
I’m a staunch Brexiteer and proud.

Happy to debate my position but only facts and evidence will be allowed!

Now I know you aren't Boris Johnson or Jacob Reese Mogg or any of the others that spread the BS, or are you ok with that?

I do not understand your comment.

When it comes to 'Brexit', or whatever catchy term the media want to give it, I will only discuss facts and evidence.

You have made a claim of people spreading BS, can you be specific, quoting facts and evidence to back up your claim? Maybe a direct quote of the lies you states Boris and JRM have been spreading?

Then we can have a civil debate.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: eletheia
As for the extra nine billion pounds, that's peanuts. The 2012 Olympics cost nine billion quid. The HS2 rail project is going to cost about £56 billion. As I mentioned above, the banking sector alone is going to take £800 billion out of the economy and pump it into the Eurozone instead. That's ninety times more than we might gain.

Oh, and does that nine billion pounds factor in the £248 billion the Bank of England bunged at the City to calm its nerves the day after the referendum?

But, but, but £9b!!!

I notice this hasn't been challenged yet, in fact this thread was quite buzzing until you dropped a little truth on it, have you no shame, coming in and killing a thread with facts.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: eletheia

Let me make it clearer: the people pushing hardest for no deal are treating us like idiots.

There are a lot of 'ordinary' people quite a few here on ATS who would

be quite happy with no deal, who are also being treated like idiots! Not

just idiots but senile idiots seems they are made of stronger stuff

than remainers?

They will make a lot of money out of a no deal that was never really made clear while the rest of us pick up the pieces. They are trying to frame the situation on an emotive level so we do not question them.

And there are the others remainers rich ones like Heseltine and others

who will make a lot of money if we didn't leave the EU?

Are you OK with that?

And if you are worried about people making money look no further than

'charities' ...... but thats a whole different thread there!!!!

As for the extra nine billion pounds, that's peanuts. The 2012 Olympics cost nine billion quid. The HS2 rail project is going to cost about £56 billion. As I mentioned above, the banking sector alone is going to take £800 billion out of the economy and pump it into the Eurozone instead. That's ninety times more than we might gain.
Oh, and does that nine billion pounds factor in the £248 billion the Bank of England bunged at the City to calm its nerves the day after the referendum?

Figures can be bent and twisted to mean anything after all one man Jeff Bezos

is richer than a small country? Personally I subscribe to the old fashioned theory

that *many a mickle makes a muckle* its served me well. Take the NHS my personal

opinion is stop throwing money at it, go back to basics and see where money is

being wasted first
. But hey! thats only the view of a senile idiot.

But let's assume all will be well, the British economy is on an even keel, the economic disruption is short and painless - what makes you think London is going to spend that nine billion quid on the regions? Why do you think the regions, heck even parts of London, depended on hand outs from the European Social Fund even when our economy was booming?

Last time I looked London WAS part of the UK? If we didnt pay vast sums into

the EU in the first place, we wouldn't need their benevolent social charity

Lol!!! getting our own money back and being grateful. '
'

At a tangent, we were originally told we would save £350 million a week. That's over £18 billion a year. Another discrepancy to question, eh?

Like I said figures can be manipulated ..... nett....gross....+tax.... -tax....vat inc

vat deducted or just employ a creative accountant.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
800 billion of assets transferred over to Europe as per eu financial regulators requirements.

2nd line

f.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

More than likely the banks are doing this themselves to protect their money, after all it's what they're meant to do...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

with a net exposure of approx $100 trillion in possibly toxic, insolvent derivatives, Deutsche Bank can breathe again for the time-being.
f.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: sapien82

Oh Lordie. Are you some townie or something? The vast majority of people with horses don't hunt foxes and probably don't care about the subject.

It was a joke mate , but clearly you didnt get that part!

Plus folk still do hunt foxes on horses , despite the ban!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Now I know you aren't Boris Johnson or Jacob Reese Mogg or any of the others that spread the BS, or are you ok with that?

When it comes to 'Brexit', or whatever catchy term the media want to give it, I will only discuss facts and evidence.

You have made a claim of people spreading BS, can you be specific, quoting facts and evidence to back up your claim? Maybe a direct quote of the lies you states Boris and JRM have been spreading?

lol, that really is the epitome of blissful ignorance if you don't think the leave camp were being disingenuous through to just lying throughout the campaign. If you really think that then no amount of quotes I provide will make a difference.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

lol, that really is the epitome of blissful ignorance if you don't think the leave camp were being disingenuous through to just lying throughout the campaign. If you really think that then no amount of quotes I provide will make a difference.

No, I am completely open to any fact you present and more than willing to change my mind on any topic, that's all part of learning and becoming a better person.

Statements you have posted, both replies to me, have been general insinuations of negativity with no substance, very much the method of communication employed by the mainstream media which has been criticized by many for instilling fear with no basis or foundation.

I am honestly open to discuss any of the lies which the 'leave camp' were spreading throughout their campaign.

To give you some background on why I voted to leave - this was based entirely on my own knowledge (or possible lack of) of how the EU system works. Mainly that Regulations have to be accepted by 28 countries before they are enforced. This process results in Regulations which are not specific enough for each country because they have to suit 28 other wildly differing cultures. What's right for an orange farmer in Spain is not helpful for a fruit importer in the UK.

Under the system of Directives I may not have voted to leave, a Directive is open to interpretation yet a Regulation is mandatory.

There are other reasons which I won't bore you with. However one deserves mention - the factless fear mongering by the MSM. Daily headlines based on generalisations and opinions with no evidence, twisting narratives/quotes to put 'remainers' on a pedestal, an illusion of high ground to make them feel intelligent and allow them to assume 'leavers' are/were working class thickos.

Yet when forced to give specific answers, with facts, as to why 'remain' was the clever man's option... well, they fail and the tables turn.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Both sides were disingenuous to a degree - no surprise there as we are talking about politics.

People understand this, believe it or not, and are not mindless sheep and were and are quite capable of making up their own minds.

It is a fact that Project Fear went way over the top, remember Osborne telling the nation that a vote for Brexit would mean an immediate emergency Budget? How is that for being "disingenuous" and "lying"?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

The Brexit debate was full of crap from both sides. I think most people saw through it all. For one side, or the other, to still be whining-on that it was all unfair just shows how difficult it has been for some people to accept.

I was chatting to a work colleague the other week over a beer. He takes the rather snobbish view that most people are so dim-witted that they should not be asked complicated questions, such as our relationship with Europe. I take a different view, as I think most people have the faculties to understand the issues - even in general terms - and make a judgement, including filtering out the half-truths.

If anything the last two years has shown us it is that the Brexiteers were right. The EU was so deeply embedded in UK law that it is almost impossible to leave. This encroachment happened without the public really knowing. Just imagine if the UK tried to leave in ten years hence - no law would be remain sovereign and it would probably have been illegal to try!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Both sides were disingenuous to a degree - no surprise there as we are talking about politics.

People understand this, believe it or not, and are not mindless sheep and were and are quite capable of making up their own minds.

It is a fact that Project Fear went way over the top, remember Osborne telling the nation that a vote for Brexit would mean an immediate emergency Budget? How is that for being "disingenuous" and "lying"?

Oh, I totally agree (except I think he actually said risks an emergency budget). As for not being mindless sheep, a few weeks back on Question Time, a member of the public said she voted leave because the government had promised 'all the money would go to the NHS'. So, she voted based on a statement that won't be the case, and she clearly thought that because Johnson is in the tory party, the tory party must support leave.

The remain campaign was dubbed project fear because someone in the leave campaign got in there first - nothing intimidating in talking about 'constant streams of migrants taking our jobs' or Turkey will join the EU within hours or the EU will create its own army and leave us defenceless is there?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

We can all engage in hyperbole but where will that get us?

Yes, this country does have it's share of idiots but you just have to take the rough with the smooth.

Look, we had a referendum, we voted to leave. End of. Enough of this constant whining.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

We can all engage in hyperbole but where will that get us?

Yes, this country does have it's share of idiots but you just have to take the rough with the smooth.

Look, we had a referendum, we voted to leave. End of. Enough of this constant whining.

Who whined? You're right, there was a vote and the result is the result. Having an opinion doesn't make someone a whiner, that's just more of the crap that comes from trying to have an intelligent discussion.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

And still is ..... currently they are in overdrive.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Who whined?

You did - here?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Who whined?

You did - here?

That's not a whine, stating an opinion isn't a whine, it just seems so because you don't like hearing your opinion challenged when you have no response apart from words such as whine.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

But I did respond, see above?

Going on and on about the result of a democratic referendum because you don't like the result = whining.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

speakingof people who hate whining , where is cornish !

he basically made a # post thread and gave his opening statement then dropped the mic ! *mic drop "
probably went to the pub !

AS for the Brexit, well its already started at my work we have students calling us to ask what the governments plans for student finance are for Home and EU students.

edit on 6-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think he got banned.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join