It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What preparations are being made for a no-deal Brexit ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oddschecker now puts the odds of no-deal being the way we come out of the EU at 2:1 . So if you didn't place a bet when it was 3:1 a couple of weeks ago , you're too late . You still have a chance to double your money though

A no deal Brexit is necessary . Why ? Because the EU has got so far into trouble with the EPP having stitched everyone , and everything in Europe , into their bag .

If , you're a remainer still , it's because you're ignorant about it . That , or you're in the employ of the partisans .

Britain , is leaving on the 29th March . And since the EPP are not very nice , it won't be all that pretty . Read this bbc link to find out just how serious the government is about leaving them behind , and , booting them out of our country .

It could become the UK's biggest peacetime emergency in almost a century.

Unless a withdrawal agreement is approved (or Article 50 is delayed), at 23:00 GMT on 29 March the UK will leave the European Union with no negotiated exit - and in a second everything will change.

Critical incident declared

An army of civil servants has been working on the problem since the EU referendum. At the time of writing, around 4,000 had been moved into positions where they are preparing for the no deal scenario. As we get closer, another 5,000 will be transferred across to help.

On the night of Brexit, the government is expected to declare a "critical incident" and to start operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week in a "command and control" mode.

The Cobra emergency committee will meet at the Cabinet Office as ministers sit down to tackle the unpredictable effects of leaving the EU without a deal.

The Ministry of Defence has promised to make 3,500 service personnel available to help. Around 10% of these will be reservists. An order laid before Parliament under the Reserve Forces Act said that they can be called upon from February 10.

There are 14 military planners already working in other Whitehall departments.

But despite all that, the chief executive of the civil service, John Manzoni, still concedes that a no-deal Brexit could be a "bit bumpy."

Plans are being made regarding

Operation Brock , dealing with the possible back up of goods on lorries at ports

Medicines - being stockpiled

Food - being in short supply

Protests - although since most of Britain is on board with Brexit , they're thought unlikely

Crime - because co-operation with EU agencies and systems may stop

Borders - there may sub-optimal operation for a while

Fishing - because EU vessels may be stalking our waters , for fish

Let's not forget the spirit of our ancestors during this period , let's celebrate the 29th , and look for opportunities for profit from Brexit . Those lorry drivers stuck on the M20 and elsewhere have to eat , for example . Let's put in some vegetables in our gardens for April and beyond - and stuff the retail consortium, which has left it a little late to be telling us now that they're worried there may be a problem with food security .

And , let's look after any and all of our more vulnerable and elderly citizens to make sure they don't suffer from whatever wrath the EPP may wish to put upon us , the nation of Great Britain .

Happy Brexiteering my friends .

edit on 31-1-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Happy brexiteering mes amigos

Using a non-English phrase to celebrate Brexit just -- seems -- wrong!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip
Britain still cooperates with INTERPOL, so I don't think joint efforts for fighting cross border crime would be affected that much. It is even parth of INTERPOL's charter to be uninvolved with matters such as Brexit.

To keep INTERPOL as politically neutral as possible, its charter forbids it from undertaking interventions or activities of a political, military, religious, or racial nature or involving itself in disputes over such matters.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
But always remember...... it’s all going to be okay and all these problems will magically disappear

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
But always remember...... it’s all going to be okay and all these problems will magically disappear

Nobody I know thinks that. Wtf are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I don't think No Deal is going to happen , Speaker Bercow helped to kill off that dream.
If it looks like there will be no deal I think it more likely (inevitable) Article 50 will be extended , Brexit will either be a hollow version of what we wanted or Article 50 will be withdrawn.

It's a stitch up.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yes , it's the magic of a no-deal . They'll think twice when it happens

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Yes , it's the magic of a no-deal . They'll think twice when it happens

It had better do. Hard Brexit is the only option now. F#ck 'em.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I just think it’s funny when I hear people saying no deal will be fine.....but the military are on standby and we are stalk piling supplies ohhh and not ask about the boarder and just keep those figures all crossed and the economy will be just dandy

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The EU will probably deal eventually. I think they take this hardline all or nothing stance because they still hope the block the Brexit somehow. Maybe another referendum. They are worried others might follow Britain's lead.
edit on 31-1-2019 by toms54 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54
Frexit, you never know it could happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Where did Chamberlain's piece of appeasement paper get us in 1939 ?

Nowhere . We've learned that lesson . It's time for resolve - to stand up to the bullies

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Largest economies in Europe.
1st Germany
2nd United Kingdom
3rd France

Europe doesn't want a No Deal either because it will hurt them too , the EU can't go easy on us as it will show other discontent nations the way for their own escape but there will be a deal if May takes it to the wire , which is what she is trying to do but the lily-livered remoaners in Parliament only want one outcome , the one where we stay in the EU.

Democracy ? .... Ha ! , it's a sham , to the Tower with the lot of them.

Give us our Brexit !

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Its all a mess because remainers have been left to deal with a leave situation, it should have been leavers sorting the problem, certainly not traitor May.

I voted to leave, and i just wish they would get on with the job they are paid very well to do, LEAVE the European Union.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I must say though, they are making it hard for us so that the other 27 countries see it and dont get any ideas about leaving themselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

Maybe we shouldnt be so sure that May &co are not hiding their real intent from the controllers of EU policy , but must stick fast to 29th March to keep things fair for all concerned .

terrorismDictionary result for terrorism /ˈtɛrərɪzəm/Submit noun the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

We can't be certain they havent used violence , but we are definitely suffering intimidation , against civilians , and the UK economy , in the pursuit of political aims . Don't forget the EU policy controllers , the EPP , are partisans . They are doing what suits themselves .

You don't do actual deals with terrorists - but you do play them off

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I’m a staunch Brexiteer and proud.

Happy to debate my position but only facts and evidence will be allowed!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So am I! A lot of the scaremongering is BS and yes there will be issues that need managing if we proceed with a N Deal BREXIT but much will be BAU because if it ain't the EU will hurt more than the UK. The failed EU project is a protectionist zone which can never deliver sustained economic growth, balance across its member states because they are all different in terms of GDP, Culture, Population, Industries, Skills, Technology, wealth etc etc. The EU itself has issues in the pipeline. The Euro has had an adverse affect on Italy. You know Italy's economy 10 years ago was 10-12% ahead of Spain. Its now 10-12% behind and in recession! Watch the future of the EU, it ain't good! Add on top of that the growth in Nationalism!

Time to LEAVE, NO DEAL and keep the 40 billion to help us over the transition period etc and build some social housing, put some more money into the NHS, etc etc etc.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Apocalypse Survival Kit from AMMU-NATION is the only prep you need!

the apocalypse is coming
will it be aliens zombies or a global financial meltdown
whatever it is you need to be prepared
get your complete apocalypse
cadet ammunation contains foodstuffs and
alcohol for three months a massive array
of armaments a water purifier so you can
drink your own urine and cyanide pills
so you can go out like a man
don't dial nine-one-one dial 357
ammunation: protecting your rights

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well, I have started to stockpile pints at my local. I intend to have sixty pints lined up for 1st April celebrations/mourning.

I think the EU are clearly banking on the UK giving in, which is a real possibility with Labour running the country towards Brexit failure.
edit on 31/1/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join