It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Gorilla-It should be destroyed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
"Fight...fight...fight

YAWN

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Psychology there Mo.........and (ME). Do you not believe in the "paranormal"? There is quite a bit of data on ATS. There is much data on demon possession. Much data about other animals. There is data in the Bible about demon possession, and even casting demons into animals for destruction. Try embracing reality and discussion the possibility.

KoKo comunication skills and lesbian tendancies could be explained by this paranormal possibility.........

Ok Doc I'll humor you for now.

My belief in the "Paranormal", or lack of belief for that matter, is only in need of consideration once there is some need to view Koko's actions as being something other than "Normal". Here is why I'm taking that position:

Koko's "communication skills" are very well known to be the result of "Scientific Experimentation" and "Education/Training" by People, not Demons or Goblins or an Evil Diety of some Religious Order.

Koko's alleged "Lesbianism" is also not something that I view as being in need of some "Paranormal" source. Even if it was proven that Koko not only was an Inter-Species Homosexual but also had some Sexual motives in mind toward this woman, I would view this as simply "Ab-normal" not "Paranormal". Given the fact that Koko is also a Gorrilla who has spent her whole life in an experimental environment, being taught and conditioned in Human Concepts of thought and lifestyle also establishes proof toward the fact that her actions will neither be "Normal" in terms of either Human nor Gorrilla, but at the same time far from having to be explained by some "Paranormal" reasoning.

Now, while we both realize that we can both play Devil's Advocate all day with fun little philisophical ideas, there really isn't much point. Especially when I might only be entertaining the ideas of someone who is possibly Paranoid and Violent and considering an Illegal act based upon a Fear of an animals possible sexual motives reinforced with Religious Dogma.

Try embracing reality and discussion the possibility.

I love this one BTW. The fact that you are claiming to be a Psychologist or something along those lines adds to the humor as well!!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
This animal is obviously "possessed" with a demon of the vilest kind. It should be destroyed immediately.

Or.....

This member is obviously ''possessed'' with a demon (bush) of the vilest kind. It should be banned immediately.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Any bi-lingual person knows that when we translate language we cannot normally give a word for word literal translation. Any decent translator knows that the goal is to convey a general meaning.

It would be challenging enough to interpret ASL from one English speaking person to another. It would be even more challenging to interpret sign language from an English speaking person to say someone who speaks only Russian. How much more difficult is it going to be to translate it from some one of a different species into English? Think about it.

I went to the Gorilla Foundation’s conversation archives to get a feel for the way Koko “speaks.”

www.koko.org...

Her word for man is “foot”
Her word for woman is “lip”
Her word for person is “nipple”

She has a male companion named Ndume and is planning to have a child with him.

Just use a brain cell or two on this one. Why would Koko actually want to see a woman’s nipples? I have found no evidence that nipples are even thought of as erogenous to Gorillas.
DrHorsomething is simply trolling. I realize that my post will give the “good Dr.” more points, but in the interest of truth and sanity I must say something.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It's amazing how this tempestuous animal lesbian thread suddenly died in BTS.

Could it be true that it's intent was more for points trolling than any kind of discussion? Perhaps this one deserves to be closed as the 'sister' thread was. (pun intended)

Anyways...a pointless thread in a pointless board...apt, somehow.
Gay gorillas...psaw!...this has been the most ridiculous notion I've come across.

Do you think Leno would read it if we sent it to him? I'm sure the audience would get a good chuckle out of it

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
It's amazing how this tempestuous animal lesbian thread suddenly died in BTS.

Could it be true that it's intent was more for points trolling than any kind of discussion?

You don't accumulate points in BTS........

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
goodness...then I'd better stop posting here...lol...I'm at 5666 for points and someone (hint hint) is going to think I'm the antiChrist.

Nice to see you here in the 'Underworld', LadyV

edit: hey! I got a whole point for that (lmsbo)

[edit on 28-2-2005 by masqua]

[edit on 28-2-2005 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Oh my God! I need to try this! I swear, I'm buying a monkey and pretending that it knows sign language. "Hey, my gorilla says you should take off your shirt. I dunno what his problem is, but you should probably just do what he says otherwise you might upset him. Oh yeah, he also says you should go out with me". hmmmm.....

Anyway, I don't think it should be destroyed, but I think that lady was right to leave.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My dear Doctor- (you know i love you)
but: I'd like to see you in Sing Sing for 10 years with a jail mate named "woody" wanting to make you his.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Francine Patterson is the Homosexual, not Koko.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Kinja]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
Francine Patterson is the Homosexual, not Koko.
[edit on 3-3-2005 by Kinja]

Trying to revive your ATS thread in BTS, Kinja?
Nice try.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Check dates and times superstar! I had originally posted it here... see the edit? I made it into its own thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Kinja, you only had a 6min gap between posting on both boards, with the same 'agenda'.
That makes me suss'.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Am I to believe that " Riviera" filed a sexual harassment suit against Koko?
If there is any truth to this, "Riviera" should be blackballed from ever working with animals again, or any living beings.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sounds like the trainers need to evaluate "boundaries"... It's fine to try and provide for the needs of an animal in one's care, but personally providing for sexual needs? I think we've crossed the line a bit...don't you think? She should have simply refused, first off....

As for destroying an animal because it's gay (especially a valuable animal like Koko)...it's a ludicrous and ridiculous idea.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join