It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has ufo interest died ??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
like the title says , has interest peaked & waned ??
up to the mid 90s it seemed to be huge , but the last 20 years it seems to have died ,
is it the advent of commercial drones that no one even looks at things in the sky or are we
just to jaded .
Opinions , thoughts ??

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackz28
like the title says , has interest peaked & waned ??
up to the mid 90s it seemed to be huge , but the last 20 years it seems to have died ,
is it the advent of commercial drones that no one even looks at things in the sky or are we
just to jaded .
Opinions , thoughts ??

From my perspective it has been going down publicly for a while now. I don't think it has died, but given the lack of credible researchers, and the unfortunate rise of HOAXers and ridicule makers people who have seen something often times fail to report, or are refusing to be interviewed about sightings.

Interest is still very high, but people coming forward isn't for the reasons I stated. As I stated though, this is just from my perspective.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think that most by now have come to realize that these 'aliens' are not who they really claim to be...

The thousands of contacts with the entities indicate that they are liars and put-on artists. John Keel www.scribd.com...

Why the desire to change our beliefs? These aliens had a clear teaching agenda. But why was it so important for these aliens to change our traditional spiritual beliefs? (Ibid., p.33)

Some folk are only too keen, observes Bates, “to imbibe the stories told by these visiting entities, though they cannot scientifically establish their origin or indeed their reality in the physical realm. We do know that the so-called space brothers have established a pattern of telling us things that have been proven to be demonstrably false. One should then ask, ‘Should they be trusted either?’ After all, if they have lied, should they not be treated as liars?” (Ibid., p.221)

Aliens - Jonathan Gray (PDF)

They are inveterate liars and deceivers, and delight in bamboozling and misleading mankind with all manner of nonsense. They are addicted to the abduction or kidnapping of humans.

The True Nature Of The 'UFO Entities'

"One theory which can no longer be taken very seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships." - Arthur C. Clarke

“UFOs are real but they are not physical. They are messengers of deception”Jacques Vallee

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: blackz28

Just recently I have seen scholarly papers about a recent object passing through the solar system, that is being hypothesized of being of extraterrestrial intelligent manufactured origin.
I would posit, the interest of the public is still there. But it dose not garner the same interest as partisan politics. So news (sites/papers/channels) do not report on it like they once did.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

No, there just are not that many new UFO stories, that are big. Like the Chicago O'Hare airport sighting, or the Phoenix Lights. We need one of those kind of sightings to get us riled up!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

How and What would need to be revealed and by Who to get through to the masses immediately and cause a real shift in our whole... uh... thing... and create interest. Good old fashion saucers in the sky aren't cutting it, and I'm not sure if you aired it on CNN or NBC people would believe it. It'd take something pretty radical.

I think interest has waned because deep down we all kinda know the truth. You either believe of you don't and it's just like a mythos thing. They pumped our minds full of ideas on the how and what and the who. Nowadays they've exhausted most angles in the movies and the ones that are really starting to dig into creative ideas are simply too weird for the masses. And that's probably the real reality of aliens. We couldn't communicate or understand them any better than we understand an octopus.

Strongly recommend The Arrival and Annihilation

That being said... I think we are due for a really spectacular bumpkin in the forrest abduction movie. They could do that right...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

No good modern footage.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think commercialization of the subject has led to much of it. Wading through BS gets old.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

With cell phones that have 18mp cameras today and we still get blurry grainy photos.
Give us something more than bad pics or "reports" of radar images.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hoax fatigue.

Too many fakes, hoaxes and for profit/attention garbage have made it too hostile and negative environment.

I haven't lost interest, in fact I've collected a lot of evidence in my travels over the past two years to satisfy my own need for answers, curiosity and need to know driven by my own personal experiences. I've also learned it's unwise to share any of it online, ever!

So I will, never again...

imo

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

sadly true. i would love to see some new footage from the star what ever academy.
i think, there is a phenomena. that is what the government knows. they studied it and still do, but they don't know what it is. so, what should they announce? there is something, yes, but that is all we know. would be a little embarrassing.
it could be something from inside, out of the sea. maybe it has nothing to do with aliens. there is no single evidence of aliens visiting earth. only blurry videos. there is life out there, far far away, we will find it someday.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I’ll never lose interest in my quest to find out why due to my own personal experiences.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
it seems to be going up again since 2018
the "dark ages" where the 2000's, nothing interesting UFO related happened then and i was pretty sure the subject was dead

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Virtually everyone today carries a high-quality digital video/still camera at all times, and still perhaps the best vids and pics we have are from the 1950s.

And not only hoax fatigue, but also media saturation.

It has been sensationalized (Ancient Aliens wacky hair guy etc.) to the point that many people who might otherwise take it seriously are forced to roll their eyes and nod knowingly. Some even point a finger at their ear and draw little circles in the air with their fingertip.

It has become a circus. Look no farther than TTSA and their unfulfilled promises of earth-shattering revelations of long-held gubmint secrets, all of which amount to nothing more than appeals for your support to their cause. It has nothing to do with an actual search for truth. It's a money-making business endeavor. The only difference between TTSA and a scam GoFundMe or Indiegogo campaign is the occasional live entertainment event. All the principles have been laughing their way to the bank. I think their money train is reaching the end of the track though.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

With cell phones that have 18mp cameras today and we still get blurry grainy photos.

I have some good quality stuff captured on dashcams, amazing how much that technology has advanced. I think if others think as I do, you simply do not share it, if it's genuine if YOU are genuine, you don't want that kind of attention, you don't want to have to explain details, you want to keep your privacy, you DO NOT ever share what you have online. You keep it to yourself along with your experiences.

So, you get the fakes, hoaxes, attention seekers, for profit exploitation etc...

imo

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So many years of blurry videos and pics, misidentifications or hoaxes has probably taken its toll.
I am still waiting for just 1 single piece of irrefutable proof that UFOs are anything other than the above.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

About 6 years ago in Bartlesville Oklahoma my wife and I were driving to work.

We stopped at a red light. When it turned green, the car in front of me put it into park, the driver got out and was messing with his phone.

My wife pointed and told me "look at that!!! What is it!!!"

Couldn't gauge the distance (flat terrain) but up in the sky over the highway was nine circular metallic silver somethings... in a diamond pattern that was wider than it was taller. I would estimate the size of them as about 30-40 feet in diameter, spinning clockwise in a perfect pattern. You could see the clouds reflected on them. They were spaced probably 200 feet apart.

I grabbed my phone, the wife did as well, people were yelling and pointing and we were all attempting to get a video of what was happening.

They stopped spinning. Then one by one, they went straight up at a high rate of speed, from the top of the formation to the bottom.

Whole thing probably lasted 90 seconds, nobody got anything on video but grainy crap and the only thing we had were eyewitness accounts... there were 7 of us.

Never made the news, I reported it to a few UFO websites online that told me they were not interested in posting and nothing came of it.

That was the 5th time in my life that I have seen what I would call a UFO, or a group of them.

Just an observation... we are not a camera crew.

edit on 19-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Too many fakes, hoaxes and for profit/attention garbage have made it too hostile and negative environment.

Exactly that.

a lot of content that gets uploaded is edited and anything else is recorded on an ancient camera. I am hopeful that an event like the phoenix lights comes back... because if it does the majority of witnesses would have smartphones to capture it this time.

I like looking at space when it's clear of clouds but all I've seen is a few meteor skimming through the atmosphere.
maybe they were alien craft who knows, 1 blink and they're gone.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
judging by the number of threads on the topic on ATS I would say NO!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I think the government UFO disinformation and their ridicule sighting campaign has made a lot of witnesses to sightings reluctant to go public or talk about it. The number of hoaxes and skeptics on social media who have related sightings to known man made objects, have also muddied the waters.

I've been reading and researching the subject since my first college physics paper on the subject. There are just too many credible witnesses that have nothing to gain by going public and talking about their sightings and experience. It's also hard to explain away multiple eye-witness sightings. There's also too many commonalities with a lot of credible sightings and abduction cases.

I'm just waiting for the day they make themselves known to the masses. When that happens, SHTF and there should be a public out-cry on why government officials around the world kept this from the public.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join