It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has ufo interest died ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
No but has evolved, but the Internet's social media happened, as did many carrying a camera with their smart phones. For positive or negative, one can say aspects have changed and of course some haven't-- such as blurry video and picture evidence.

Last summer or so there was a good thread on this topic and I believe it's been rehashed sometime after that, not to dismiss it comes up every now and then.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: blackz28

for me it is almost like i have heard the greats like carla turner, Rich Dolan and Jacq Vallée to the cons like the blue chicken cult leader david wilcox and deceivers like Doty(granted it was his job)

i have gone full circle from trying to deny things i have seen, to a true believer and now to quite understanding.

i have seen some very strange things in my life from black triangles, various color orbs[orange,red,blue], erratic high flying lights[zig zags] and even what i think to be an E.T, heck even genuine telepathy.

my close friends and family have seen these things around me as well so i know it's not all in my mind/our heads but for me it almost got to a point where it became normal as crazy as it sounds. It comes it fits of activity followed by long times of inactivity.

before i had my personal face to face with what i think was something not human the stories and videos fascinated me and they still do but once you feel the pure terror/excitement of the 'unknown' inches away the stories become a little dull.

there are allllllot of fakers out there including some of the so called ET's, i think its a mix of military, paranormal and real not from earth/this dimension 'others'.

but to answer your question i think the reason the topic has simmered down is that most people under the age of 50 will more than likely say if asked 'do they believe in life not from earth', the answer will be yes. after so many of the same stories over and over it gets kind of lame

also no matter the video or pic it is never good enough, always CGI claims or if they are real get little attention. i think these days it would take someone marching out a gray or a trip to zeta reticuli and even then people still would not believe.

so many people have seen things now that i think its almost an understated/unacknowledged truth we are not alone

edit on 19-1-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Even in the age of the camera-phone, rather than the expectation of continuous UFO reports week in, week out, involving truly anomalous, mighty damn strange incidents that are not obvious hoaxes, I have always felt that such cases would be few and far between anyway - that an alien intelligence (whether ET or Interdimensional or Whatever) wouldn't be stupid enough to make their presence known on a regular basis.

In theory, if humans ever attain the ability for swift interplanetary travel by whatever means, even WE would also ensure our presence was kept to the shadows when snooping around other advanced worlds.

So when truly exceptional cases have popped up over the last 80 years or so, their importance doesn't diminish over time. In fact, they never seem to perish from the public consciousness and are continually up for debate - eg, Ken Arnold (1947), the Washington D.C. flyover (1952), Betty and Barney Rubble/Hill (1961), Lonnie Zamora (1964), Travis Walton (1975), the Kaikoura Lights (1978), Rendlesham Forest (1980, leaked in 1983), Whitley Strieber (1987 onwards), Skinwalker Ranch (1994 onwards), the Phoenix Lights (1997), and O'Hare Airport (2006). Among many others.

All juicy, fascinating and/or controversial.

We MUST be due another biggie soon!

Even rubbish such as Roswell and the 'To The Stars Academy' at least keep the topic in the public consciousness.

edit on 19-1-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
To me, there hasn't been a really good UFO story since Bob Lazaar. I would love something really good to pique my interest again but all we seem to get is Ancient Aliens season 200. REhashing the same old boring egyptian pyramid stories over and over and over....

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Hi toolgal, can I ask a possibly silly question? Why the extra "a" in "Lazar"? I have seen it spelled that way on ATS many MANY times since I joined five months ago.

Did he add an extra "a" via Deed Poll recently without my knowledge? Serious question.

PS: If it's a typo, just ignore me!

edit on 19-1-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I just took a guess to the spelling. I'm not that positive that I was accurate though.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Highway 75/Washington?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Highway 75/Washington?

Highway 60 by the airport actually... Conoco/Phillips research labs are right there to the south.

ETA... they were up in the sky to the West of Bartlesville... they could have probably been seen by anyone looking West that morning.

edit on 19-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackz28
like the title says , has interest peaked & waned ??
up to the mid 90s it seemed to be huge , but the last 20 years it seems to have died ,
is it the advent of commercial drones that no one even looks at things in the sky or are we
just to jaded .
Opinions , thoughts ??

The nasty Global Cabal is in its death throes now....their MASSIVE DSINFO CAMPAIGN HAS BEEN ABANDONED...so because MOST OF WHAT WE READ ONLINE ABOUT ABDUCTIONS AND UFOS WAS DISINFORMATION THIS IS NATURAL....sorry my Caps button sticks.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It seems the inundation of ufo related material over the past, was to prepare for the future.
So maybe they are here now and more arrived approx. 6+ years ago...
And now they are reevaluating, observing and studying this planets animal and plant life for maturity and relevancy to the ecosystems.

I personally still have deep interest in Ufology. The difference in the past was I always wondered are E.T real and also are their crafts.

Now through my experiences/encounters my view has expanded to consider or accept more that yes E.T are real in various forms and don't all get along. But also that "other" intelligent terrestrials may exist on EA*RTH just outside human perception. Except for the humans they may be in contact with... 🤔
And that yes E.T & these other terrestrials may be responsible for some USO & UFO technology as well as E.T or terrestrial reverse human engineered technology. So my outlook now is when will they show the masses and why haven't they yet?
Is there a religious/scientific related event kept secret and secretly being prepared for that may cause mass panic. Thinks D.U.M.Bs...

And last has a breakaway civilization been already prepared and even sent into the Stars already towards exoplanets, in case the event associated with ancient related scientific archeological finds confiscated, logged and vaulted is true and related to aggressive returning and not peaceful.
Or will both sides show face as humanity determines which side is family or foe...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I used to get excited when the subject came up. But I have fallen for too many of those click bait tv shows that promise something extraordinary and only end up asking a question instead of giving an answer. "Are Aliens Living Among Us?" An hour later, "We just don't know..." Gee. Thanks.

Oh, and that nut job on the History channel with the weird haircut who says everything is "because aliens", he is killing the topic for me.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The are a number of factors.

The end of the X-files, youtube fakes, and the internet is killing it, and blurring out the actual researchers who go the whole nine yards to provide us with accounts of UFO sightings.

Drones don't help either-I bought one with flashing lights and got an evil idea of spooking the neighbors with it. Good UFO footage is like finding a diamond in the rough these days.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's so unknowable and the hoaxers and mythologists have ruined so much. Plus, the internet. We learned that a deep-dive into details often left out of the more sensationalized stories lead either to not so interesting after all or, again, unknowable.

You just gotta keep it alive in your heart and continue your own search through the muck and occasional mysterious jewels.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What turned me off from UFO's was how many recounts all follow the same script.

It's a tedious read over and over....and over....and over....and over again.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

i believe alot of it has to do with nothing new coming out about them. whatever we see or hear is pretty much the same story or event repeated. i can tell u that for me it has been growing due to many odd sightings ive had in the last 6 months but without some huge breakthrough or massive event i think the general publics interest will continue to wane. i have always found it odd that since the proliferation of smart phones that there wasnt a huge increase in recorded sightings.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
To all the people bringing up the "all we have it blurry photos/videos. It's completly pointless saying that because we have hundreds of perfectly clear unknown objects when it comes to videos and photos. And what happens when people view these? They say it's fake because it looks real!

So, people moan and blurry photos/video, and they also moan about clear photos/videos of objects

Problem is, it does not matter what video/photos are released because these days, it's so easy to fake ufo videos and photos, makes it pointless, unless it is being filmed by mulitple witnesess thst do not know eachother.

But people are right when they say hoaxes are killing the subject. When people still believe hoaxers like billy Meier, you know this subject is being laughed at.

Saying that, there is more than enough evidence that some ufos have defied explanation. Militery and pilot sightings tell us this alone.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

rule of interaction #29 was broken.
They are doing the transitions underground now, and nowhere near populated areas.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I would say NO but when people face a brick wall there is only so long they are going to stare at it.
Also at the moment there are a great many other worry's and concerns as our world is currently economically and socially unstable as well as being run by so much corruption that we no longer no whom to trust and in today's world have no one to really look up to for leadership.
These kind of thing's put our interest in Ufology temporarily on the back foot but not completely.
Also UFO's tend to happen in what are called flap's, these are waves of sighting's that happen periodically and in today's world most UFO's are probably just taken to be aircraft or drone's and ignored.
In fact it is possible that they even disguise themselves as air craft and drone's as we have given them a ready made disguise to use and there could in fact be so many of them every day that we simply think are air craft without ever knowing?.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

They stopped spinning. Then one by one, they went straight up at a high rate of speed, from the top of the formation to the bottom.

A commonality in many UFO sightings.

I've had a couple of sightings myself, but nothing as close as the sighting you described. My son and wife had the kind of sightings where we've seen a strange light/lights in the night sky and it quickly zipped away at a tremendous speed. Leaving us bewildered and looking at each other and saying "what the hell was that." lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Too many fake videos on youtube has kinda made me 'not bothered' anymore...

If there was a site with real footage of UFO's and possible aliens then I'd be more interested again.

I'm interested in Oumuamua being some kind of Camouflaged ship and I'm interested in possible bases and on other planets! It's a shame we didn't see Oumuamua approaching and sent a probe up to it to land on it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join