It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Comic Banned from Comedy Nights Due to ‘Cultural Appropriation’ Dreadlocks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wonder if that club owner is banning black patron women that straighten their hair because they are appropriating white culture? Not that I think that straightening ones hair is racially significant myself, but asking the question does challenge the hypocrisy of the notion of "cultural appropriation".

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Likely.
I often wonder what his, and other dead influential people would feel about the current state of social affairs.
(Tupac, ect)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

He should.
That way, this act of discrimination, that I'm sure hit him in the pocketbook, would propel him to a new realm of earning potential.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think there should be technology appropriation, its about as stupid.

Anything that only whites where 100% behind inventing is not be used by any other race.

Wonder how they would like those apples...
edit on 17-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

That is true.
I actually remember Seinfeld talking about it on a late night show.
I wouldn't either..
You could literally do the most tame, PC routine ever, and people would complain that the comic was somehow making fun of them for being so PC

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The natural extension of this is that anyone who changes the colour of their hair (or wears a wig) or their eyes, or ever speaks in any accent other than their own, is a racist nazi pig. This obviously includes all actors and other entertainers. Except John Wayne.

And woe betide he who wears lederhosen and is not pure-blooded Bavarian!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
I think there should be technology appropriation, its about as stupid.

Anything that only whites where 100% behind inventing is not be used by any other race.

Wonder how they would like those apples...

There was a buzzfeed video on things that black people invented that we use every day.

One was the computer.
The truth is there was one black man on a team of 50 working on the transistor.
To them that meant a black man invented the transistor leading to the computer.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

And woe betide he who wears lederhosen and is not pure-blooded Bavarian!

Anyone who wears those - cultural appropriation must be the least of their worries. They'd have to be well weird.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
He should take it to the courts.

A clear case of racial discrimination.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Or visiting the Oktoberfest. Or found out they're comfortable and can resist everything from knives to fire. Or simply have style. Buy one try it. You'll never want to wear something else again.
Appropriate to Bavarian culture!
Prost

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think we should all just sit back and be outraged on the internet. Screw it. Its not like this is a big deal or anything. And hey, if it really was a big deal the more we all complain about it on the internet the faster it will change!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: oldcarpy

Or visiting the Oktoberfest. Or found out they're comfortable and can resist everything from knives to fire. Or simply have style. Buy one try it. You'll never want to wear something else again.
Appropriate to Bavarian culture!
Prost

I'd try anything except incest and Morris Dancing. Or lederhosen. Octoberfest is on my list, but no fancy dress, thank you.
edit on 17-1-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

White people with dreds tend to be hippy/stoner types and granted I would never wear dreds but it's just hair.

What is up with some of these people saying it's appropriating culture?

White men created the computer, does that mean any black people with a computer/device is abusing white culture?

Leave the poor guy alone crazy extream libs

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't get it...

Wear your hair a certain way, suddenly it's cultural appropriation and you're pretending to be something you're not - everyone yells Boooo!

But cut your willy off, grow some fake boobs and take hormones to pretend to be a woman - everyone gushes and gives them accolades.

This s what happens, I guess, when they are left to make things up as they go.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
But cut your willy off, grow some fake boobs and take hormones to pretend to be a woman - everyone gushes and gives them accolades.

Seriously. If that comedian put on some makeup and lashed out at people who refer to him as a male, I'm pretty sure he would still be able to perform.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Pc culture has killed comedy.
Going to put on some Rudy Ray Moore records and watch the triggering begin.

Its also a matter of time before PC culture kills itself.

They act like they are the majority yet they are mistaken.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Exactly,
You're only allowed to be 'who you are' if they like who you are

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Dreadlocks are a way to cope with very curly/kinky hair. If you have it, how can that be cultural appropriation?

Now Transgender: THAT'S cultural appropriation! ...(unless you are born Hermaphrodite?)

I suppose they'll next be after Public Television over their very popular painter(Bob something or other?) for his "Afro".

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Many Caucasian cultures have sported dreads and braids throughout history and without having ever seen or heard of a darker skinned person. Gauls/Celts, Scandinavians/Vikings. Ever try to swing an axe/sword in combat with long, fine, stringy hair whipping in and sticking to your sweaty face. Annoying to say the least. I’m considering getting two fat braids running down from the front to back of my head for that reason of keeping my hair out of my face without cutting it. I keep that little historical nugget ready to go at the accusation of appropriation.
edit on 17-1-2019 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
While I usually stand against the whole insane cultural appropriation thing, I 100% support banning this comic for white guy dreadlocks. White guy dreadlocks are an abomination.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join