It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Comic Banned from Comedy Nights Due to ‘Cultural Appropriation’ Dreadlocks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hilarious. There is a young couple here in my little hometown that are from Montreal. Both of them are most definitely white and both have dreads. I don't think the attitude against whites wearing dreads is anything more than a minority of Montreal SJW kooks getting their jimmies rustled.

I'm just sick to the core of all this BS whining about cultural appropriation. When cultures do not learn from and build upon other cultures, those cultures begin to stagnate and die. Everything we know today is based upon what preceded it going back to the very beginning.

What the hell is wrong with our so-called 'enlightened' western world? Feels like all we're doing is taking 10 steps back every time one of these SJW morons opens their mouth to demand that something twisting their panties gets banned or censored.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Did they also ban black comedians with un-natural straight hair?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: Irishhaf

Very true about Montreal v Seattle.
I don't get it... are these peoples lives so perfect, that this is what they worry about?
Or are their lives so terrible that they want to cause pain to others?

My WAG... they are unhappy people that have to attack others to make themselves feel more superior to give some validation to an otherwise bland life as they are not where they expected to be by now.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm pretty far left of the norm on this site, and I think cultural appropriation relating to hairstyles is bull#. Racist bull#.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It always amazes me how these people don't see how regressive their thinking is. They are quite literally of the same mind-set of those dangerously ignorant types in the 1950s deep south that would ban black people from their clubs for the crime of being black and playing what they considered "white people music". Nat King Cole was even attacked on stage for this alleged crime of cultural appropriation and had to flee the south for his life.

How have we gone so far backwards so quickly? And how do these insanely sick minds have the audacity to call themselves progressives? Sorry to break it to y'all, but you're nothing but a rehash of yesteryear's ignorance and hatred.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
His hairstyle acts as a "vehicle for racism"?
WTAF!

So what should we call it when Beyonce straightens her hair and dyes it blonde emulating a white woman?

Brave?
Strong?
*smh*

Still waiting for these leftists to see the constant hypocrisies they promote.
edit on 17-1-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I cant blame them. I went to a comedy show and a black guy had the nerve to wear a T-Shirt! I was like "Oh, HELL no... Uh-uh!" I walked out and demanded a refund.

Everyone knows Africans are supposed to wear some kind of tribal robes or come out wearing nothing but a fig leaf and carrying a spear.

Just like if you're Scottish you have to wear a kilt every day of your life.

I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to cultural appropriation. Leave the TShirt to the white man and the dreadlocks to the black man. Everyone must be separated into their categories. No unity, no harmony, no nothing. Just as God and nature intended.
edit on 1/17/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm seriously gonna think about causing some trouble for this club.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Don't forget about them letting other people know that they are better.
Whats the point of being morally superior to someone if you don't announce it to the world?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Unreal.
Boycott that club and make sure everyone on Twitter knows abou.....
Wait a minute..
He was black?
Nevermind, it's cool

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was locked up in county jail for a few weeks, and ended up in the wing for bad boys.

It was actually pretty awesome in a bunch of ways, but the absolute best thing was Racist Joke Night. We went up and down the block, and everyone had to tell a racist joke aloud. It was the funniest thing I have ever experienced in my LIFE. I was face down in the cell crying....from laughter.

Explain that.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
There is no such thing as cultural appropriation. Only cultural appreciation.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
There is no such thing as cultural appropriation. Only cultural appreciation.

I agree. It's a ridiculous concept and utterly nullified by the 'turtles all the way down' argument.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
My avatar wouldn’t have a chance in hell would it?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
My avatar wouldn’t have a chance in hell would it?

True!!

The generation who fought for civil rights never thought their grandkids would be fighting to give 'em away.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm white and have had dreadlocks for about 6-7 years now. They completely formed naturally, no wax, no twisting, nothing at all except watching them form symmetrically. Even used conditioner and brushed my hair every day, and they continued to form no matter how stubborn I was to the opposite "standard procedures" instructed. I've heard many black references to my hair and laugh at the idiots trying to instill cultural appropriation. Wasn't even using cannabis when they formed. Just Kundalini meditation nearly every day to bring energy to my head.

Also,on a conspiracy theorists' note. I wonder if there is an agenda to get these things cut off of my head. Conformity is the language that signals a perception of reality in our modern time. Nothing is more acceptable that playing stupid amongst each other. Kind of like 9/11 being a signal by terrorists to let society know how rude and unholy it is to call God a child molester. Btw Kundalini awakening syndrome, the issue commonly known to show symptoms of mental disorder, is easily corrected by praying the mantra "Christ is King" to the highest levels of the crown and letting it run faster than light repeatedly.

edit on 19-1-2019 by Superunknown528 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

edit on 19-1-2019 by Superunknown528 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
First of all, he is a comedian, virtually his job is to be inappropriate.

Would the Jew Fro fit in this racist dreadlock category?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I think white people with dreadlocks look stupid.

But the whole world seems to have become stupid, so whatever.

The usual people that would have dreadlocks hairstyles are the liberal types.
edit on 20-1-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Rogan should invite him to a podcast.

Why? So Rogan can agree with him to his face and then talk junk about him a week later with a different guest?

Rogan is a joke. He used to be really good but in the last couple of years he has changed from being an open minded host to a guy who agrees almost 100% with his current guest and then backstab them to other guests.

He's been cucked and is almost unlistenable these days.

edit on 20-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join