It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May's Government Faces A Confidence Vote, Will Her Government Collapse.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a tory MP just used a musical scheme to criticise corbyn as the scarlett pimpernel , he quoted the kinks and eminem

Did May dance?
edit on 16-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

You are correct about components but only for some industry, not others. And that is not because we can't supply our own components, more that we are bound to use our European brethren for component parts. When we leave the EU, we are no longer bound by this.

In point of fact, as China's new Western best mate, we will get component parts far cheaper, making those industries more competitive. Obviously, short term, it may cause a few issues - but not long term. As such, longer term, it affects our European allies more than us.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

hahhahah I #in hope not !

pure gives me the fear seeing her dance.
i've seen rocks with more rhythm

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Italy can might be a problem, but that has nothing to do with BREXIT

That's putting it mildly. Point is they might leave too.

Greece seems sorted out, Spain I do not know about

Greece is sorted? Is it? Have you nicked my rose tinted glasses? Spain, you'd better mug up on that one. Not looking good.

And there is the racist part.

You are playing the race card? Blimey. Because anyone who has a concern about open borders is a racist, right?

TWHAT industry anyway, do you want to live on lambs forever (I heard that is the major export part for Northern Ireland)?ext

You appear to have misheard, old chap. I heard it was machinery and transport equipment. You not going to sell us your cars, white goods and whatnot, then?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Shh, don't tell Solo as he might turn up then it'll all turn to rat # and we'll start arguing and fighting and such.

No worries there - you have forgotten that he will be a bit tied up fighting half the country.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If it went to a vote right now I think Corbyn would win. The bankers and corporations would never allow that. So I expect it will go on business as usual.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

You are correct about components but only for some industry, not others. And that is not because we can't supply our own components, more that we are bound to use our European brethren for component parts. When we leave the EU, we are no longer bound by this.

In point of fact, as China's new Western best mate, we will get component parts far cheaper, making those industries more competitive. Obviously, short term, it may cause a few issues - but not long term. As such, longer term, it affects our European allies more than us.

Sooo.. Better quality you are aiming for? The famous chinesium?

Or how about those short-time supply lines most modern industry relies on to avoid using massive stockkeeping, and how does this work with week-long and notoriously unreliable (at least at the scale of modern industry needs) shipping by.. you know.. ship?

Oh, and this "we leave for a better partner in global trading".. I heard that London might lose "a bit" of its financial attractivness, but on this topic I claim no real knowledge or even expertise.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I read a review of a Tangerine Dream album once = "All the pace and rhythm of a slowly advancing glacier."

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Italy can might be a problem, but that has nothing to do with BREXIT

That's putting it mildly. Point is they might leave too.

Greece seems sorted out, Spain I do not know about

Greece is sorted? Is it? Have you nicked my rose tinted glasses? Spain, you'd better mug up on that one. Not looking good.

Greece is indeed doing better than before 2008. Spain, I do not know about. Do you have data?

And there is the racist part.

You are playing the race card? Blimey. Because anyone who has a concern about open borders is a racist, right?

No, you implied that there is a problem. I just pointed out the racist part.

TWHAT industry anyway, do you want to live on lambs forever (I heard that is the major export part for Northern Ireland)?ext

You appear to have misheard, old chap. I heard it was machinery and transport equipment. You not going to sell us your cars, white goods and whatnot, then?

*shrugs* See that is what we are told. I was told there is a lot of lamb to export, you were told that there is much machinery to be exported. MSM is leading us by the .. well.. nose ring? Like a bull with a ring through its nose? Sorry, do not know the equivalent in English to this saying.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

so graceful and she makes it look effortless ! (said no one about her brexit deal or dancing skills)

edit on 16-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

No, you implied that there is a problem. I just pointed out the racist part.

What racist part?

Here is an outline of the migration "Crisis" (their word) facing Europe from that well known right wing rag The Guardian:

Guardian article re EU's Migration Crisis

So is there no migration problem in Germany? How is it racist to mention this?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

just curious , do you know what racism actually is ?

how can wishing to control immigration equate with racism ?

unless the UK government states unequivocally that "we are closing our borders because we don't want those subhuman foreign types coming here" then immigration policy is not racist to anyone.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You are forgetting that Brexiteers are automatically to be filed under "Racist". Apparently.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You are forgetting that Brexiteers are automatically to be filed under "Racist". Apparently.

Nobody actually thinks brexiteers are all racist.

Racists are racist.
edit on 16-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Bit harsh , I was thinking bellend's , bawbags , but racist , that's a bit far

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Corbyn has been anti EU all of his political life. So much for being a man of principle.

Poppycock . Why do you think he supported remain during the referendum then ?

link

He will call a second referendum if he thinks it suits him . Everyone's too long on opinion and short on fact . You lot are good for a laugh tho

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... rmists_in_Europe

Here's some proper hard facts , roll up a 10 pound note and send them to your brain

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I'm no Tory supporter but I hope the maths aren't skewed , with just over two months untill we're due to exit we don't have the luxury of time for Labour's self indulgence.
It is possible that Mrs May was trying to run the clock down so we could leave with no deal which is why the Speaker threw a spanner in the works last week , no gunpowder but I suspect treason and plot at Westminster.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm no Tory supporter but I hope the maths aren't skewed , with just over two months untill we're due to exit we don't have the luxury of time for Labour's self indulgence.
It is possible that Mrs May was trying to run the clock down so we could leave with no deal which is why the Speaker threw a spanner in the works last week , no gunpowder but I suspect treason and plot at Westminster.

100% with you brother but time will tell.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

China's the other side of the world. There is no way they can replace the EU in our supply chain. The EU are our neighbours and supply 70 per cent of our components. Seventy percent and you reckon it may cause "a few issues" wow this is the best thing I've heard all day

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join