It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May's Government Faces A Confidence Vote, Will Her Government Collapse.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

... I think the only thing we can say with any degree of confidence is that they will probably submit an application to extend article 50, possibly after Monday.

Yeah like I said before: you'll remain and London will burn. One year sooner or later...

That is your opinion.

Last night there were Brexiteers and Remainers both protesting together outside parliament, together, in unity and there was no trouble.

I don't think extending article 50 would cause riots.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I know you're a remainer. Where is the "tick-tock"-guy what does he have to say about this?

edit on 16-1-2019 by Peeple because: Grammar arrgh has have had issues

What do you think what all the police at the protests is there for? Because they're not expecting some will look through this?
The people are being royally played, "be very afraid you get what you voted for..." and you suck it up and hope democracy loses.

edit on 16-1-2019 by Peeple because: Another add

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Peeple

There will be no other deal so the only option is to remain.

Well there could be another deal if May agrees to some concessions around the UK remaining in the Common Market as well as a whole range of other possibilities.

Even if she does, The EU has categorically kaiboshed any ammendments or renegotiation of the deal No Deal and No Brexit are are the only options left.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Well there could be another deal if May agrees to some concessions around the UK remaining in the Common Market as well as a whole range of other possibilities.

Even if she does, The EU has categorically kaiboshed any ammendments or renegotiation of the deal No Deal and No Brexit are are the only options left.

That though is only based on Mays "Red lines"

If she was to open up discussion about some kind of customs union then it would change the dynamics of any negotiation.

So it depends if May make changes to her stance.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Freeborn

Did I see someone say they were going to get the beer in on the train down to London? Deal me in my friend!

Yeah that was Cornish but I think he said something about kicking # outa folk when he got down their so you might want to just get the bus with me and Sprocket we're just going to shout FREEDOM!!!! at random people in full highland dress.

Well, I did say I'd try and meet Cornish down there (where is Tone anyway? He's been absent in the past couple of Brexit convo's) but I can't invade England, especially London, without wearing my kilt.

I hope there will be an official ATS Rallying Point...

He was about earlier on said something about not trusting Corbyn to watch his pint when he goes for a piss then something something.... profanity ..something ...."You scots!!"

So you know his usual.

If he didn't specifically say "whinging Scots" I fear he's been replaced with an evil doppelganger

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Did I see someone say they were going to get the beer in on the train down to London? Deal me in my friend!

Yeah that was Cornish but I think he said something about kicking # outa folk when he got down their so you might want to just get the bus with me and Sprocket we're just going to shout FREEDOM!!!! at random people in full highland dress.

Well, I did say I'd try and meet Cornish down there (where is Tone anyway? He's been absent in the past couple of Brexit convo's) but I can't invade England, especially London, without wearing my kilt.

He was about earlier on said something about not trusting Corbyn to watch his pint when he goes for a piss then something something.... profanity ..something ...."You scots!!"

So you know his usual.

If he didn't specifically say "whinging Scots" I fear he's been replaced with an evil doppelganger

Ohhh god do you think the welsh have finally caught up with him over his comments about sheep.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

That though is only based on Mays "Red lines"

If she was to open up discussion about some kind of customs union then it would change the dynamics of any negotiation.

So it depends if May make changes to her stance.

Good point, the deal is only non-negotiable because May's Red Lines stopped any other deal.

I must admit, although one of the major factors for me voting remain was that nobody had the slightest idea how to Brexit and no plans were forthcoming and I anticipated chaos, this is more chaos than I was expecting, I didn't think the Tories would let things get this fuxxed up, boy was I wrong...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

So you know his usual.

Ohhh god do you think the welsh have finally caught up with him over his comments about sheep.

I certainly hope not

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: djz3ro

Years ago, i was invited to Hogmanay
Asked about how i found the Haggis,
i hummed and hawed for while, and said ...

"Well, when it arrived, i'll be honest, i thought it looked like poo.
Then, when it was served, i thought it smelled like poo.
But once i'd tasted it, by jiminy, i really wished it had been ....poo"

Sorry, couldnae resist

Back on track
A no deal, let's just all crash-out-into-the-wilderness plan
should indeed be vetoed, and should have been straight off the bat

Yes, to reassure businesses, trading partners, investors...
but also, it avoids May running down the clock
"Ahh too bad, we tried, we're out"
She'd be forced to find a deal

The country can not sleepwalk into nowhere land
to think that the UK can fend for it's self
"unfettered by the EU"
is pure and unadulterated la-la land thinking

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

#yer da's a milkman.

#yer mither sells Avon, loving the Scottish banter, is this an ATS first?

hahah yer maws a welder! and yer maws a janny

aye he did mention whinging scots earlier before he went to the pub !

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yeah like I said there are very good arguments for keeping it on the table and thats one of them.

I am just of the view that we need to provide some reassurance because no-deal would be an utter catastrophe, I have seen zero evidence that suggests no-deal would be good for the British people. So that is my reason why I think it should be taken off the table, because people are now taking steps already for a no-deal, there are big businesses exploring into Europe for example and we need to really give some reassurance that the UK will leave but only with a deal if nothing else.

Whatever happened to *No deal is better than a bad deal*?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Yeah like I said there are very good arguments for keeping it on the table and thats one of them.

I am just of the view that we need to provide some reassurance because no-deal would be an utter catastrophe, I have seen zero evidence that suggests no-deal would be good for the British people. So that is my reason why I think it should be taken off the table, because people are now taking steps already for a no-deal, there are big businesses exploring into Europe for example and we need to really give some reassurance that the UK will leave but only with a deal if nothing else.

They were words from the mouth of a Tory, not worth the paper they were printed on...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I think mays deal would have been worse potentially than no deal so in a way she’s kind of stuck to her words

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Anyone else though think that Corbyn is being a utter fud.

I mean I agree that they should be taking no-deal off the table but to make it a absolute condition of even sitting down to have cross-party talks seems to be to be a bit stupid. Why not just start the talks and then you can start talking about taking no-deal off the table in exchange for other concessions.

Corbyn is to low down in the polls ....... so however he can help towards

May making a bigger mess of things (if that was possible) the nearer he gets

to his ambition to be PM?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
dont ye get the impression that government are stalling until injury time runs out ?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
May reiterates that she understands it is her duty to deliver on the British people’s instruction to leave the European Union: “And I intend to do so”

Guys, let's get a consensus here
stay on this thread, or go to t'other ?

Threadxit !!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

the other has 26 pages so lets migrate to that one ?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Cassi3l

the other has 26 pages so lets migrate to that one ?

Each thread was supposed to be about a different vote.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

aye he did mention whinging scots earlier before he went to the pub !

It was me who went to the pub - just got back - and I never said anything about 'whinging Scots'!

The topic was avoided in the pub until May's inspiring speech to the nation....which resulted in a resounding '# 'em', No Deal and bring it on, even from some Remainers.
Everyone seems completely disenchanted with our politicians and the EU's continued reticence, contempt and disregard for the British people.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   

No you mate, we were talking about CornishCeltGuy (I seem to think he lives in the pub)

ken how he loves to impersonate clocks and take pot shots at whinging jocks!
no am no lookin for a job as rabbie burns! heheh

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join