It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Coming soon the Theresa May version i imagine.

edit on 3-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'd rather it was a pic of her face in the urinal. Actually I have urinated on thatchers face (and Jimmy Hill's I believe) there was this one pub I used to visit in Glasgow that had urinals with a screen behind perspex and you could get the face of whoever you wanted loaded up to go....

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Well, they have both urinated in our pockets long enough or at one time or another and tried to convince us that it's raining.

Hence the placement of the receptacles i imagine.

After all its nice to return the favour.
edit on 3-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Probably an inconvenient truth for some, but the British liberated Belgium in WW2 from the Germans. Those fun loving Germans, who would have thought they once wanted to rule Europe.

British, Canadians, American and not to mention the Belgians themselves liberated Belgium.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I'd rather it was a pic of her face in the urinal. Actually I have urinated on thatchers face (and Jimmy Hill's I believe) there was this one pub I used to visit in Glasgow that had urinals with a screen behind perspex and you could get the face of whoever you wanted loaded up to go....

Jimmy hills face? I assume the screen was vertical then?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
British, Canadians, American and not to mention the Belgians themselves liberated Belgium.

Indeed. The British however liberated Brussels.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

It was and I believe the top of his head was missing too...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

It was and I believe the top of his head was missing too...

By top I assume you mean everything above the lips. (Or about 5% of his face)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Indeed. The British however liberated Brussels.

Indeed, shame they can't see their way clear to reciprocate and assist us in our liberation now......sarcasm....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
All this anti-May stuff is all very entertaining but does anyone actually know what Labour's position on Brexit actually is? Seems that Corbyn is clueless about it.

Interestingly, there are rumours that Vince Cable is having talks with disgruntled Labour and Tory MP's about forming a Third Party..........

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Labour's full of mince tae.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I had to look that up:

Glossary of Scottish Insults

May come in handy what with lots of Scots being on here.

So as far as Corbyn is concerned, do we agree that his bum's oot the windae?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Aye we day indeed.

There all a shower of ""fidlam bens"". LoL
edit on 4-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I had to look that up:

Glossary of Scottish Insults

May come in handy what with lots of Scots being on here.

So as far as Corbyn is concerned, do we agree that his bum's oot the windae?

He's a bit o' a bawbag, that's for sure...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

All this anti-May stuff is all very entertaining but does anyone actually know what Labour's position on Brexit actually is? Seems that Corbyn is clueless about it.

Interestingly, there are rumours that Vince Cable is having talks with disgruntled Labour and Tory MP's about forming a Third Party..........

Lol!! Will it be .....

Labtolib or Libtolab either way they are the dregs wonder how many of them

are from the below?

Dozens of peers and MPs received millions in EU subsidies for their estates, according to a new survey which estimates that almost 50 politicians have cashed in.

Why wouldn't they if the handouts are on offer? But look closer at those names and surprise, surprise, some are leading the campaign to block Brexit.
They include the Duke of Wellington who last year received £91,000 for his 7,000-acre Hampshire estate.

The 73-year-old unelected peer spearheaded a House of Lords move to delete the exit date, March 29, 2019, from the EU (Withdrawal) Bill.

Lord Haskins, 81, who has voted for a second referendum, received £82,000 last year for his farmland in Yorkshire.
another beneficiary is the Tory MP Antoinette Sandbach, a persistent Brexit rebel.
She received £23,000 last year from the EU
for the family farming business in North Wales.

No doubt these individuals all declared a financial interest when speaking in EU debates?

Finally, let's not forget Lord Heseltine, 85, worth around £300 million, who for decades has shown a slavish devotion to all matters Brussels. He's not in this survey, but he's certainly been a beneficiary of EU largesse previously.
In the past, he has pocketed up to £90,000 for his estate in Oxfordshire which includes a lake, fish ponds, tennis courts, swimming pool, and an award-winning arboretum with 3,500 different species of trees and plants.
When challenged about the cash, he countered: 'This is the whole basis of the European agricultural system.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well now we know why the MP remainers have dug their heels in.

We the people of the UK need red white and blue vests and turf them out!!

We need a good spring clean!!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

All you are is pointing out one area an independent UK could sort out, that of vast payments to already rich landowners under the made-for-the-French Common Agricultural Policy. The UK could implement a fairer system that rewards good farming practice rather than the current fickle approach. Just one area that the UK could do better than the one-size-fits-all EU approach.

Now, if I was aft landowner I would be looking to maintain my income and stay in the EU.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

A centrist party. Maybe it's about time we had one, left v right is causing too many arguments...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
That's a very incisive insight indeed...
Vested, undeclared, interested parties
making waves and trying to save their bacon

Wealthy Brexiteers like James Dyson are jumping ship. Why might that be?

...Dyson’s decision is inevitably rolled in with all the others that suggest UK companies, and those based here, are now guarding themselves against Brexit, especially a Brexit of the no-deal, crash-out variety. How else are we to interpret Dyson’s admission that it’s moving to Singapore to be “future-proofed”? What future exactly does it wish to be proofed against?

... snip ...

How apt it is that one of those P&O ferries soon to be flying under the proud colours of Cyprus is called the Spirit of Britain. For this is the spirit now animating alarming numbers of Britain’s captains of industry: with the Brexit iceberg looming, they’ve concluded that they need to find safe harbour somewhere else

At least the Brexiteer's favorite Brexiteer
was a bit more forthcoming on the subject :

Brexit: Jacob Rees-Mogg defends Ireland move by City firm he co-founded ahead of EU withdrawal

Prominent Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg has defended the move by a City firm that he helped to found to establish an investment fund in Ireland ahead of the UK leaving the European Union.
The Conservative MP faced questions when it emerged that Somerset Capital Management (SCM) had launched a new investment vehicle in Dublin amid concerns about being cut off from European investors.

A prospectus for the new business, which was registered in March and will be governed by EU and Irish rules, listed Brexit as one of the risks, as it could cause “considerable uncertainty”.

I dunno ...
when the ship-builders' rats start leaving the ship
that's a sure sign that ... there's .. something rotten abord ?

edit on 4-2-2019 by Cassi3l because: Watch your waists on pancacke day ...

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join