It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA pioneer stripped of honours amid 'reckless' race remarks.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Our cells comprise more empty space between Proton and Electron than anything else really, just a thought.

edit on 13-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Some lab who is worried about their money making potential can do this but it doesn't remove that fact he was intelligent and helped discover DNA structure.

Just like tearing down a statue actually changes history.

It is really too bad this doesn't remove DNA technology gains and place society back decades. The criminals would be so happy and so would those who defend them.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: dragonridr

Spot on its class war, not a race war, always has been that way.

Colour, creed, and religious orientation are just another way "They" promote their divide and conquer mentality amongst us.

It is desire like the famous Black Conservative Dr Sowell found that through his studies he became smarter and the left hates him for pointing this out. The Asians want it more than the rest of us appears to be the facts. That is not racist.

SOME DNA is presupposed to not doing Math like my wife missed that gene but her brother is a former NASA type genius who did some time with the space program and is semi retired EE with his own Co. He wasn't around back then when she needed the tutoring and I had the devil of the time trying to explain equations like A + B= C to her. Now she has to decide in her later years how much to distribute in financial returns for an international firm. I do pitch in when she thinks a formula needed me in the past but the software does most of it and they seem to love her better than my bosses love me$.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Our cells comprise more empty space between proton and nucleus than anything else really, just a thought.

And some of us have more empty space than others. Our Gene's only set upper limits and wha6 we can become no one ever reached full potential. Therefore trying to make a claim that genetics control it is silly.

You have to ask yourself why we don't reach full potential? And that comes down to economics period. It's no coincidence that sub Sahara Africa scores the lowest in the world. They are also the poorest area in the world. We can't compare kids taught in a mud hut to have near the education of most western countries. And since IQ test are biased to measure your ability to learn. And learning requires a base amount of knowledge there is no effective way to measure it.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

It's not about left and right through Justoneman.

It's about balance, left and right are simply opposing opinions on how to do things from people who generally want the same things, just in a different way.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

DNA is our LEGO, what we do with the blocks we are given is our own concern.

Socioeconomics is the real contention where reaching our true potential is concerned.

Environment dictates intelligence just as much as DNA, stands to reason really.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

There were some studies in the past that suggested people were manipulating our food to dumb us down that I am sure we had threads on here. THAT is the class warfare. All the non oligarchs are on the chopping block of life. Black vs White is more of them telling us to hate each other.
edit on 13-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Unfortunately, the dirty truth is that it does tend to be, and people tend to look for mates who are mental mates. So the brightest tend to hook up with the brightest. There is often a range of expression, intellect-wise in the children. But usually, a family will be within 10 to 20 points of each other, low to high, although there are outliers.

That's why certain populations will seem to be ... dumber ... because they tend to look for mates among their own kind, and I'm not talking racial kind, but I am talking socio-economic class. The smarter tend to be better off, not always, but usually.

The problem is that the educational system is not good at identifying kids with raw intellect from backgrounds where that intellect was not nurtured by parents who also had it. I am talking about outliers. The sudden genius who can and does crop up in a family that barely reads or doesn't read or spend time on early education in the home, for example. Those kids, and others, fall through the cracks and get lost to us -- they aren't a huge number, but they represent lost potential.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

Total nonsence relying on IQ tests to split and part humanity. The only relative of mine who made it off their own back to what was (once back a few decades) a prestigious school here in UK called a Grammar School where only 1 in 10 children made it to is the only person of African descent in the family. He's clever as and proves all these 'tests' are nonsense

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

There are always exceptions to the rule though.

Humanity being one big hypocrisy in its entirety really.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh yeah

His father was an American GI in WW2 spreading the genes around so who knows, the Grammar School might be explained by his American roots

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Most schools teach kids the basics if they can manage to hold the child's attention long enough to do so.

I walked out of school with a general level 3 in mathematics, not because i was thick but because i simply did not wish to learn and would rather arse around and have fun with my mates.

Now when i went to university to study Electronic and Electrical Engineering, and sat down in the maths class, the likes of complex numbers and quadratic equations somewhat had me mystified.

If i did not have a half decent lecturer willing to take the time to explain it to me i would have been pretty much screwed.

And the moral of that story is stick in at school kids, information is important, and it's not always free.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
His views aren't racist, his views are based on scientific studies which show that Black Africans generally have a lower IQ. Scientific studies have also shown that Asians, Jews & White Europeans generally have higher IQs, with Asians and Jews having the highest IQs. These are facts based on science, not racism based on feelings/emotions. There are exceptions, for instance I believe Obama has a reasonably high IQ but I believe Maxine Waters has an extremely low IQ. Imo, no one with an IQ lower than 120 should be allowed to run for political office.

rense.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
We know very little about how to raise IQ but quite a bit about what lowers it; inbreeding and poor nutrition during childhood being first among them. Lower IQ points out historical and cultural norms for groups which brings their averages down. Somali children are often malnourished thus lowering IQ - is that a racist remark?
Some will say there is only 1 race are often also the ones to complain about cultural appropriation and lack of opportunities for those of certain groups. We can't have it both ways.

I have a similar take.

I believe the IQ gap exits. facts are facts regardless of what the liberal agenda wants to to believe.

However I don't think it has anything to do with race but rather African living in a state of malnutrition and poor health.
Children not getting enough food and suffering constant diarrheal diseases is gong to cause some sort of mental retardation. couple that with non existent education and your going to have IQ trouble.

And the fact that African-American also come up badly as-well. Well that likely down to the fact many US African Americans live in poverty and thus their diets will be poor, not starvation poor but enough to cause some developmental issues, plus with inner city schools being as they are...... well again a recipe for poor IQ scores. If you compared a African Americans to a poor white American with a similar lifestyle you would get the same results.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Unruhestifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

One of those poor little black weans could be the next Tesla or Einstein, but without clean water sources, adequate food, and education, they will die just as easily as the next, as unfortunate as the case may be.

edit on 13-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

One of those poor little black weans could be the next Tesla or Einstein, but without clean water sources, adequate food, and education, they will die just as easily as the next, as unfortunate as the case may be.

Pretty much what I am saying.

I see it everyday at the school I teach in.

Black or white the poorer kids do far worse than the middle income or richer kids.

When you look into it the poorer kids are normally on atrocious diets. They may be getting the calories to survive but not the nutrition that's needed. They also have terrible health a swell being sick quite often. Thats black OR white.

If you apply that logic to African its going to be far worse.
edit on 13-1-2019 by Unruhestifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Were they facts or opinions?

The first comment was a fact laced with an opinion that he was not optimistic about Africa due to low IQs. Africa does have the lowest IQs in the world.

There is rampant incest, rape, malnutrition, and very poor environmental conditions.

The second comment, on working with black people, is racist. Black does not = low IQ or even from Africa anymore. This is especially true in the US.

Average IQ levels by rank:
brainstats.com...
edit on 13 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

No no no

That’s now how genes work. They are turned on or off based on environment. You may have a tendency toward high iq genetically but if they aren’t nurtured then those genes don’t mean jack.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I would say that doctor made a raciAL statement. To many people now think ever racial statement is racist and every sexual comment is sexist.

Political power and money comes from the dream that everyone is equal and can have the same result if places in the same station in life. Donate to me and vote for me and I will make it happen

What ever protected class you pick, a statement that their test result is inferior to the non protective class can not be mentioned. If it’s comminknowlege or belief that a protected class’ issue is not able to be changed by voting, donation, buying a product, then that class might move on.

I saw a chart, and for this example let’s say it’s true. That about 70 percent of the population is with in 15 points of normal. This pool of people is where most jobs openings are looking at. If black have an average of 15 Iq points lower. That means the the smaller polulation(blacks) have only 35% competing fornjobs with 70 percent of the white majority and those 35 percent is more along the lines of the back ends of whites for jobs.

To me, if you said that a person with an 85 iq has a harder time getting a job than someone with a 100 iq, I would say that’s a solid statement 9 out of 10 times. When you add food coloring to people, then that statement becomes racial charged and wrong.

Where society should focus on is when the 100 iq black person doesn’t get the job over an 85 iq white person.

Society should says, oh you have an 85 iq, if you work really really hard, you can compete with higher iq folks who are gonna slack off or you have skills in these areas, if you want to concentrate on them, you probably will be able to make more money in your life time and be a happier person. Again, that doesn’t get votes, so...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

So you are saying basicly that harsh environment tells IQ genes to turn off .. or other way around and keeps that way . The genes are there, some are specialized on other duties like liver etc to function depending on a cell´s location. IQ determing genes are still there even if they are currently off duty, does it mean that they always will be off duty.

Lets take a a view on starving hiker, he has not eaten propably for days, he has not have enough good sleep either. He is hallucinating and have slow brain activity IQ wise at the time, would propably stumble with easy mathematics like 3+5. He gets out of his misery and find himself back where he can eat and sleep.. and soon back to his work what ever it might be .. even professor.. is he dumb forever because he had a hard time for awhile or is he back as he was before the episode ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join