It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA pioneer stripped of honours amid 'reckless' race remarks.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: wantsome
I'm from Detroit he's just saying what most of us already know. I'm not going any further with what I think because it will be deemed racist.

Part of Detroit's problem is a broken school system.

We long ago stopped teaching reading through phonics. It was deemed too hard, but it is a systematic approach that actually does work by treating language like code - each letter has a sound and the different letters in words still have their own sounds that break down and then go together to make words.

The sight word approach demands that students memorize the entire language.
Part of Detroit's problem is they expect the school system to raise their kids. Then their little monsters grow up to terrorize everyone around them until they get locked up.

Look at the Dark Ages.

The ruling class was very invested in maintaining a functionally illiterate populace. Literacy is the foundation of knowledge. If you create a functionally illiterate underclass, you can easily control them because you control their access to knowledge. They know only as much as you want them to, and they do not know they can ever aspire to more or better.

Think about most of society's most basic jobs. How much actual reading and knowledge do they require?

What's more dangerous to the world's so-called elite? People who are functionally illiterate and therefore ignorant or those who can read and presumably think for themselves?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

Really, I never thought that the X-Ray picture was that much of an intuitive leap.

I think that Georgiy Antonovich Gamov's (George Gamow in America) contribution to decoding the sequence of DNA/RNA transcriptions into a three 'digit' codon based upon the number of known amino acids (20 at the time) that the four base pairs coded for, was particularly intuitive.

Gamow, Maurice Wilkins and Rosalind Franklin should all have shared in the Nobel, from their contributions to the science.
edit on 13/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Not speaking to race and IQ, but as far as intelligence when it comes to complex ethical situations, where basic taught morals aren’t sufficient by themselves, I see lots of people unable to transpose ethics and values to unique new situations. So I think your view that intelligence has nothing to with integrity and ethics is not true.

So you got to be low IQ to make stupid mistakes...lol I know a good number of highly intelligent people that lack in many other areas, so I don't understand your point. Give me an example and maybe I will.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There is a difference between IQ and common sense.

I have seen plenty of people with a high IQ who didn't have an iota of common sense.

And where does the Bell curve play into it?

edit on R582019-01-13T18:58:36-06:00k581Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not speaking to race and IQ, but as far as intelligence when it comes to complex ethical situations, where basic taught morals aren’t sufficient by themselves, I see lots of people unable to transpose ethics and values to unique new situations. So I think your view that intelligence has nothing to with integrity and ethics is not true.

So you got to be low IQ to make stupid mistakes...lol I know a good number of highly intelligent people that lack in many other areas, so I don't understand your point. Give me an example and maybe I will.

You are putting words in my mouth.

Reread what I wrote. If you are an experienced person, you can understand what I wrote, if not agree with it.

Also you are moving the goal posts. You posted on iq , integrity and morals, not mistakes.

In ethics courses for professionals they often cover extensively that learned rules for behavior and integrity are limited as without a deep philosophical foundation of the why and how such rules may play out in novel yet related situations, people can’t be independent ethicists and demonstrate ethics in myriad contexts.

What this means in this conversation is that very low iq or alternatively uneducated people may not be able to apply ethics outside of narrow proscriptions.
What this doesn’t mean is that high iq people are all moral, honest, or ethical. Not by any means.
edit on 13-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's the elephant in the room, folks.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What this means in this conversation is that very low iq or alternatively uneducated people may not be able to apply ethics outside of narrow proscriptions.
What this doesn’t mean is that high iq people are all moral, honest, or ethical. Not by any means.

What level of IQ are you talking here, below 85? I disagree that ethics is related to IQ or any of the other examples I mentioned. You do not need to be smart to know what is right, and you do not need laws to tell you what is right, so you are suggesting low intelligent people need laws to guild them in a ethical way?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Without a doubt, racist.

And,

Without a doubt, correct.

So,

Where does that leave us?

We have the same people who say we are equal, telling us we have to consider the "socioeconomic differences" when faced with evidence of inequality. So... we Arent equal, but it's because of us. It's our (white people's) fault.

Here's what I think. There may be some differences based on adaptations to our environment, and the level of proteins in our diet. People who believe humans evolved naturally from monkeys talk about an increase in protein leading to an enlarged brain. So, just as scientists say our skin color, nostril size, and eyelid orientation (you see what I did there? Note of Interest: the origins of the word orientation actually come from the fact the the East, or the "Orient", used to be located or "oriented" at the top of the map, instead of North being at the top.) come from our environment, we can safely assume there are many other differences. In one environment, it may have paid off to be strong, fast, impulsive, instinctive, and in another entirely different environment, maybe a seafaring environment, it might've been better to be able to calculate and reason things out before taking action, where strength and speed were replaced with inventions and innovations, machines.

So you have two people, one is naturally more athletic, and the other is more intelligent. If you took one from each society and put them both in a Thunderdome naked with no weapons, and somehow compelled them to fight, the more athletic one would have an advantage. But if you put one culture against the other, the more intelligent society would have the advantage.

Well just think of what a group could do if they combined their strengths...

Ok so continuing on with "What I think":
Yeah, there may be some differences. But we know there are intelligent black people and athletic white people. Is that just a rare exception?

I don't think so. I think any healthy human being can train physically and/or mentally, even emotionally (isnt that what actors do?) to become really great at something.

We could have uplifted the blacks up to our level of reasoning, patience and intelligence, or close enough that it wouldn't matter much.

I don't know exactly who is in control of the entertainment industry, but, it seems like blacks are really not being encouraged to seek out a pathway to economic or academic success. The things they Are encouraged to do are destructive and those who have tried to speak out against "thug culture" or "bling bling culture" going mainstream have been successfully shushed, or destroyed altogether like Cosby. Cosby was guilty alright, but he was under protection until he became a problem and just as bad, refrained from being useful, his protection was simply removed, and word got out...

I think someone does not want there to be an efficient system devised for raising intelligence, or "mental training" (more than just memorizing facts!). Not because they hate blacks. But they know such a system could be replicated, modified, evolved, etc., for white people, or anyone really. Whoever is manipulating humanity in this way does not want humanity as a whole to raise our intelligence and in fact they seem to rely on our ignorance as if their life depends on it

So they don't want us focusing on these differences because they dont want solutions. So pretend the "problem" doesn't exist. And if these things Are mentioned, just blame white people, or something. All the while encouraging blacks through pop culture to misbehave so the racist parts of us will just assume they are hopeless. They teach them that "to be black" they have to be in a struggle against the white man and his establishment and they basically cannot even participate in society. Some of the ones who do, feel a guilt, almost like White Guilt... they feel they've betrayed their race by participating in a society built by the same people who enslaved their ancestors.

If the differences are acknowledged we might start noticing allll the things wrong with our current education system which in my opinion does more harm in oh so many ways than good. A kid could learn more sitting at home goofing around, following their curiosity online... even playing video games & listening to rap/pop music, you will eventually get curious and want to know which "Huey" Tupac was talking about, or want to know the definition of a "corsair" (a mobile game about spaceships), and both of those questions have led me on seperate educational journeys. And because it was something *I* was interested in, I paid attention, I was passionate about it...

Anyway my point is our education system really sucks if you can learn more, more efficiently, just staying home and goofing around.

Because, learning is Not Boring! This is such a harmful myth perpetrated on us!

Forced learning (i.e. "you WILL learn This, from This time of day to That time of day, from this day to this day, during these months over here, at this precise location with these specific people, and you can only learn from that book and from this one specific teacher, with zero real world context, in a "fact memorization" format, cooped up in a room with barely any fresh oxygen or sunlight, all throughout puberty while sitting next to girls you cant keep your mind off of, while following a strict set of rules that are super important to education and learning, like governing the type of clothing, hair styles, language use, bathroom usage, etc...) is what is boring.

Learning is supposed to be more like an open-ended, open-world adventure full of fascinating characters, incredible chance encounters and hair raising situations that can lead to any number of unexpected directions and always end up somewhere interesting and stimulating to thought and discussion...

NOT a preplanned itinerary with no surprises and nothing interesting and a bland lesson plan that had to be designed by a robot without a conscience that must be strictly adhered to, no coloring outside of the borderlines, no creative thought involved, etc...

The Black race has been held back, because to uplift them would be to open up gateways to uplift the entire human race. And someone, whoever controls our media, doesn't want that to happen.

This is why the Civil Rights movement was so fraught with conflict and controversy even though we all wanted it. It had to be carefully managed, so as to give the impression that blacks had to fight and kick and scream in order to get their rights, and it cost Dr. MLK Jr. his life because not a lot of people know this but MLK was not just fighting for black people, he was really big on racial unification. That was his sin.

Even Malcolm X had an epiphany toward the end when he visited Mecca and saw people of all colors cohabitating in harmony and began to regret some of his inflammatory statements against whites...although the religious zealots of his former Mosque likely killed him (there Are theories involving other people, someone hiding in the ceiling etc, But...), he was likely also heading down a dangerous pathway similar to Dr MLK Jr... a pathway to racial harmony.

The civil rights leaders surviving into old age, Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson...have a decidedly Different tone...

Racial harmony between whites and blacks is a roadmap to world peace and this is why every effort has been taken to prevent this.
edit on 1/13/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
He comes from a different time, I can appreciate that. You just can't say those things now in this day in age.

However, although they may strip him of honours and titles, you can't change history, known or unknown.

Still, there is a growing number of people who being referred to as scientific racists. Ivery read that online in a few places, although I don't fully understand the term.

But I isn't everything, regardless.

My wife is not a high IQ indivodual, but she can dance circles around me in a social setting and her creativity and artistic talents put me to shame.

As Douglass Renholm would say, it takes all sorts to make a world!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

facts may not be racist but they can be used to support a racist ideology!

many have tried to use science to support racial theories and have been shot down repeatedly

Watson maybe racist, be even he would be a dishonest fool if he were to believe that there a biologically different races!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The question should be why the data tells us this, not to attack the data as racist. Why does this happen? If we could find the answer, then perhaps we could alleviate some of the issues in the world. But you can't answer a question that dare not be posed because it's politically incorrect because people fear what the answer *might* be.

Indeed.

How many studies have shown the link between lead poisoning in the inner cities and lower IQs, autism, violent crime, and numerous other issues? Those who *know* what the answer is don't want the rest of us to know because then they would actually have to fix the problem...

How many times have I and others brought this up right here on ATS only to be ignored because people don't want to know what the answer *really* is?

How many people don't want to know what the answer *really* is because they would rather spew their hate and venom towards this group of people rather than help them? Or, at the very least, just stop hurting them!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

That's an excellent example about Churchill.

Lincoln would be an example of the opposite. While Churchill is hated for his politically incorrect speech and deeds, despite all the good he accomplished, Lincoln's politically incorrect speech and deeds are ignored, glossed over or rationalized, but he is lauded for freeing the slaves... and only the Southern slaves -- he did not free the Northern slaves.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Can we actually look at what he says and actually find truth in those statements? If so, reason and logic are no longer social norms if what he says is the truth but the truth is unacceptable. Instead we have mob rule with the lowest common denominator leading the way.

What we have is the dawn of a new dark age.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What level of IQ are you talking here, below 85? I disagree that ethics is related to IQ or any of the other examples I mentioned. You do not need to be smart to know what is right, and you do not need laws to tell you what is right, so you are suggesting low intelligent people need laws to guild them in a ethical way?

This is not insult to anyone.

Have you taken ethics courses? Have you worked in professional situations that have highly ambiguous and serious implications, where it takes a lot of philosophical and ethical understanding? Proscriptive lists of rules often don’t cover these novel and complex situations.

Examples include working in everything from politics to foreign policy to law.

No, many people of even middle intelligence can’t wade through all the multi variable ethical issues involved in these larger spheres. I’ve seen it first hand.

Where I would agree with you is in normative, inter personal situations that aren’t highly complex.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Scifi2424

Technically democracy is a form of mob rule, where the will of the majority is enforced.

Does not work out that way through, now does it?

I would suggest that the information age in which we now live presents the possibility of a new golden age of Man, not a "new dark age".

We are at a cusp through, the transition and paradigm shift required is up to our generation to facilitate.
edit on 14-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I find it hilarious that everyone is swinging from the branch IQ Tests, as if those things are even valid.

As long as the mantra reinforces what we want to say so bad, like how it was in the past.

White people are standard smart, Chinese and Japs are really smart, who cares about Indians (they are Asian but they're black so they don't classify in the hierarchy), Muslims don't fall into the skin category either (Iranians got homebrew missile tech, whew!) so they never come up in the conversation... as long as everyone agrees that Africans and everyone within two shades are the dumbest of us all. The jury is still out on anyone Latino.. lmao.

Except the Indians, they fall in the exception mentioned earlier.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Well, we should care about Indians as their civilization has been around for quite some time, predating our own by 1000s of years, to be honest.

Then there's the fact that the Vedas, the likes of the Ramayana, Mahabharata and Bhagavad Gita are far more illuminating and interesting than the Bible or Koran.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What are you doing ruining a perfectly incoherent rant, you want.. dialogue?! Okay, j/k but a refreshing post amidst the sea of.. ignorance.

So i won't have to make another post The unwelcome revival of ‘race science’ , but i doubt anyone using IQ Tests as their club is going to read it but one can dream.

And yes, Indians are swept under the rug, just like everyone else. If you ain't black/white/Asian (Chinese/Japanese) then the machine doesn't even care about you, you don't even register.

And their history is rich and vast, they taught the world a lot of stuff and laid down a lot of pillars. Just the like the Muslims (black, white and the in the middle, ha!).

But this is about how true someones racist ass are!
edit on 14-1-2019 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Well I think the reason African come out so low is not genetics but the fact the children grow up malnutrition and lack education.

Instead of ignoring the IQ tests we should be looking at the fact it may highlight problems that can be fixed.

Yub Yub all.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Now when i went to university to study Electronic and Electrical Engineering, and sat down in the maths class, the likes of complex numbers and quadratic equations somewhat had me mystified.

If i did not have a half decent lecturer willing to take the time to explain it to me i would have been pretty much screwed.

Sure. It really helps if you have a decent tutor, sounds like you got a good one there and those people are worth their weight in gold and too few of them exist in the shooling field. Would help explain why so many kids don't achieve and these IQ tests get fudged as the rich in society will look after their own and keep reaping the rewards of that closed circle while other poorer folk and minorities will be deemed lesser often for the majority of them generational over centuries with no change.

Well impressed by electrical engineering btw
Love all the internals of stuff but would love to know more. Maybe one day go down the same route. You must have the knowledge to make some great electronics. Awesome and more of what we really need in Great Britain

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join