It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop giving your kids stupid names!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

And I would name mine Megalith.

And someone else would name theirs Super-Monumentalith

And then someone else would name theirs Ginormous Gigantorlith

And pretty soon we'd be into Exponentialith's and Logarithmlith's, Solarsystemlith's and Super Universalith's

So....you're right!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
what goes around - comes around - by 2118 . names like john , karen , brian , laura etc etc etc MIGHT be the wierd names that " freaky people " give thier kids

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
what goes around - comes around - by 2118 . names like john , karen , brian , laura etc etc etc MIGHT be the wierd names that " freaky people " give thier kids

Yeah, and the standard names will be things like 'Moon Bat', 'Zork' and 'Blazelda'

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Yeah, and the standard names will be things like 'Moon Bat', 'Zork' and 'Blazelda'

Zork's not bad. Imagine the naming opportunity for triplets -- Zork, Mork and Bjork. I wouldn't f# with 'em

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Han solo......

Some of the names are ridiculous.....

What's even more funny is the spelling some cultures come up with for some what common names.

Do they not know the spelling?
Are they pronouncing it wrong when telling the birth certificate people?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I just say the same thing to parents, children can rhyme your name with something , then its a # name !

if children will take the piss out of you for your silly sounding name , then its a # name !

if you cant think of a name , dont resort to daft names, just call them baby (insert surname) until you can think of a decent one!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I knew a girl named "Summer" and another named "Dinner". I also knew a guy with the last name Kelly that was marrying a girl named Kelly....she was going to keep her maiden name after the marriage. I don't think she wanted to be Kelly Kelly.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

It always makes for great fodder when the kid shows up in a mugshot. People will look at the name and say "no wonder" he snapped.. I see it all the time.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The worst I have heard of is Jason Lee naming his kid "police Inspector".

Yet places like New Zealand are stopping people for naming their kids with royal titles like calling them "Prince"

'Royal' crowned most commonly rejected NZ baby name of 2018

Oh well which is the problem? The names we give kids or the way we ourselves choose to perceive those names?

Heck recent thread on Reddit someone claimed their boyfriend wanted to name their baby if a girl after his last ex. So he would have a reminder of her. (Seems this is a common thing.)

Husband wants to name baby after ex.

Call me Harold, call me Earnest just don't call me late for breakfast.

But yes OP, parents like your friend name the kids for themselves, when they should be naming their kids for the kid themselves. That's the real problem.

maybe show him this cracked article. Alas it's not the one I was looking for about kids with weird names having personality and social problems as they grow up just from the name.

Drawbacks of a weird name.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I always got a kick out of this one. A guy changed his own name to Beezow Doo-doo Zopittybop-bop-bop. You see, he gets arrested a lot and he thought it would be funny to hear judges, bailiffs, lawyers, etc, repeating his name over and over again. He was right.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There was a guy here in Australia years ago I read about who changed his name to "Cani Buyyouadrink"
or something like that because he thought it would help him pick up easier.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

maybe show him this cracked article. Alas it's not the one I was looking for about kids with weird names having personality and social problems as they grow up just from the name.

Drawbacks of a weird name.

Man, what a whiny little snowflake that dude is!! He's not sniveling about someone giving him a bizarre name, he's sniveling about the entire world being a bunch of culturally biased racists. Not to mention the fact he's a colossal hypocrite for doing the very thing he's railing about. He's mad because his parents named him a name consistent with their indigenous culture (which he should be proud of), and not "Bill"...so he could get a license plate for his bike when he was a kid. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to learn "Archie" is a member of ANTIFA, the little punk-ass SJW biatch!

ETA - Oh, and in case it's not patently obvious; I didn't find that Cracked article the least bit funny (though he was certainly trying to be) nor amusing! In fact, I think I'll go break some S# now!

Respectfully,

"Bill"

edit on 1/17/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah I didn't really read through it fully I'll admit, as I said wasn't the article I had hoped to post. Just trying to make a point about the long term effects of giving kids stupid names. (alas this is what happens when sites like cracked sack all their pro comedy writers and replace them with community content from snowflakes)

Despite the writers words, the title of each section seemed apt.

I mean it would be hard to get a date or a job if your name was something embarrassing for the average person to say every time you addressed them.

When I named my kids it was all about them, what fit them and what they could get through life with.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join