It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop giving your kids stupid names!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You forgot Chlamydia, such a beautiful girl's name.

I had a friend who called one child Summer and the other Sky. True story.

My friend Will Summers married a woman who's first name is "Summer." Yup, Summer Summers.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The Oracle in the Matrix named her son Agent Smith

We once had a old guy in the family named Richard [ dick ] Bird ikyn and i have come across a few kids over the years that have had stupid stupid names that mom or pop were both high when they came out with the name ,

Shirley Crabtree en.wikipedia.org... is the one that used to make me giggle when i was a kid , he was the UKs boy named Sue

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I wanna name a kid..."Chainsaw McBallsmash Disk", or "Stabber McRamrod Disk"

And if a girl..."Icutta Uballsoff Disk", or "Istabba Uface Withasolderingiron Disk"

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
My ex-wife used to work for a major airline reservations center. No kidding, she once had a guy call in with the name "Richard Head"! Even had an American Express card in the name of "Richard F. Head"! Imagine going through life with a name like that!! The "F" was the clincher. She had to mute her headset on that one!

He even sent her some flowers for not making fun of his name.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I went to school with a girl named Treasure Camero and her mom was a teacher Miss Camero
That was kind of strange for the time .

link   

edit on 12100000001 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Older ATS'ers will remember movie star tough guy cowboy John Wayne who's

real name was Marion Morrison.

I suppose that is another case of the urban myth of 'a boy named Sue?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

My friend Will Summers married a woman who's first name is "Summer." Yup, Summer Summers.

Now that is a funny name right there. Summer Summers. Could lead to disbelief when making purchases or booking into a hotel.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
One of my closest friends named his kid after a carrot.

Okay now that your mind has taken the time to digest that, here's the brief story. There is a franchise called Dragonball and the main characters' real name is Kakarot-the name of my friends latest child-which loosely translated to Japanese is 'carrot.' I asked him why that name and not another character, he responded by saying his wife wouldn't let him.

I couldn't reply, I was so dumbfounded my brain packed it's bags and went on vacation.

Excuse the caps lock but WHY?!? Some of these parents should turn off their f'in ego for once. Kanye west, who despite all the sensible names in the baby name book, named his child after a direction on a f'in compass. And look at Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban-they named one of their children 'Sunday rose' that's not a childs' name, that's the name of a f'in racehorse!

'And coming around the final bend is Sunday Rose who leads by a furlong and if there isn't a miracle there's nothing but daylight..."

I beg off thee, thou, or though (my brain went on vacation again) if you are an expecting couple or single mother please take the time to consider their name-they are not a pet. I was named after my forefathers, not something that can improve your eyesight.

This has been a huge issue in the lower class black community since the 70s. Ghetto hood rats making up fake African names.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I dated a young lady named "Snow White" in college.

Yep.

I banged Snow White.

Come at me bro!

According to legend, you were just one of seven...at the time.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

Now that is a funny name right there. Summer Summers. Could lead to disbelief when making purchases or booking into a hotel.

I still crack up when I have to introduce her to other people....

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'm with you. Parents who do this are being selfish, thinking only of themselves and not their child, who will spend the rest of his life having to explain the stupid name.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

How about adults who change their name? I had a guy call my restaurant and the called ID showed, 'Luke Skywalker'.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What happened to normal names, can't they create names from english things like violet, daisy, Fern, etc?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
My ex-wife used to work for a major airline reservations center. No kidding, she once had a guy call in with the name "Richard Head"! Even had an American Express card in the name of "Richard F. Head"! Imagine going through life with a name like that!! The "F" was the clincher. She had to mute her headset on that one!

I grew up with a guy named Dave Head whos dad was named Richard. Also, my dad had a good friend with the surname DeLong. Dick DeLong.
edit on 1 12 2019 by underpass61 because: sp

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Watch pretty much any sporting event today and look at all the names black mamas named their kids.

Carmelo....
Saquan....
Tyrod.....

Ugh....

When I was in high school I knew sisters named holly and sunny....
Not so bad on their own but the last name was days....

My daughter is named Bailey, we tell her it's after the Irish cream I used to seduce her mother.
If we had more kids their names would have been Morgan or jack to keep the tradition going...not sure I could have got away with Smirnoff....

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I grew up with a guy named Dave Head whos dad was named Richard. Also, my dad had a good friend with the surname DeLong. Dick Delong.

Sound oddly familiar

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join