It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sculpture Celebrating Saudi Arabia Has Been Erected on Ground Zero. “There is no god but Allah,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

By Davis Richardson • 01/09/19 3:31pm

A sculpture celebrating Saudi Arabia’s place in the G20 Summit was erected on the World Trade Center grounds last week, a stone’s throw away from the 9/11 memorial.

Shaped to resemble a piece of candy, the nine-foot-tall statue bears the Kingdom’s emerald flag emblazoned with the Arabic inscription, “There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the prophet.” It was created by French sculptor Laurence Jenkell in 2011 as part of the larger installation “Candy Nation” which depicts G20 countries as sugary delights, and has since been featured in over 25 countries. All 20 sculptures are currently on display outside the Oculus shopping center.

observer.com...

Wow. So Saudi Arabia, which has been linked to at least some of the 9/11 terrorists, has been allowed to write in their candy statue

There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the prophet.

'The installation was curated and installed by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. ' This statue has been placed right at the World Trade center, at the site of the attack on "ground zero."

How is this even possible? I guess the people in charge of the New York and New Jersey Port of Authority don't realize how improper this is?

The attack on the world trade center was done in the name of the same "god."

Never mind that a message about the God of the bible, Elohim, would have never been allowed, but this one was allowed? How does this make any sense? More so conveying the message that "there is no other god"?

edit on 10-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

edit on 10-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: co subject line.

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I wonder how accepting and tolerant they would be if we wanted a similar statue erected in their country.

They are really just shoving their involvement in 9/11 right in our faces.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Is this credible?

Definitely does not seem like a good move

+55 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

But Robert E. Lee statues are abhorrent and must be torn down... America, you've lost your flipping minds. This is grotesque.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Only Israel could do something more flagrant.

Our relationship with Saudi Arabia needs to be severed... They don't even have enough oil for us to extend a few decades. The relationship much like their country is overrated.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Leaving the issue of Saudi Arabia being part of the exhibit, the whole idea of this exhibition of ''art'' is just ridiculous.
Representing nations as pieces of candy? Sculpting figures of candy, placing them on pedestals and then the whole exhibition touring the world?

Forget the politics, who is in charge of our art, our sense of creativity?
We should all be ashamed that this entire exhibit is allowed to even exist.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The abomination that causes desolation...

There is no clearer evidence that the elite hate us all deeply, that they would permit the erection of this hideous 'tribute' to the most backward technologically advanced civilisation on Earth. Savages, plutocrats, sadists & cowards. Both here & there.

edit on JanuaryThursday1901CST01America/Chicago-060047 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

If that isn't a slap in the face I don't know what is

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

But Robert E. Lee statues are abhorrent and must be torn down... America, you've lost your flipping minds. This is grotesque.

That’s an IQ issue on the ‘lefts’ part.

Somehow they equate the most hateful, racist, mysogonistic, bigoted, supremacist, intolerant ideology on Earth with ‘peace and love’.

They’re pathetic.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Islam and christianity share the same god. Yes the abrahamic religions are all sexist, racist and homophobic. Seems a bit rich for one to criticise the other.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

The difference being as time goes by, some religions are becoming more sedate and tolerant, more modern.

I think all are bad, but when you compare them within the context of eachother. It's not hard to see the "winners" and "losers".

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Islam and christianity share the same god. Yes the abrahamic religions are all sexist, racist and homophobic. Seems a bit rich for one to criticise the other.

Pretty sure my God doesn't consider Mohammed to be anything other than "a wild ass of a man who's hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers." He sure as hell isn't the prophet of my religion nor does my religion consider him to be anything other than a warmongering liar.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Makes sense. Because trump's first foreign transaction was a massive arms sale to SA which he barely boasted about because they asked him not to.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

How is this even possible?

Money?

Apart from truly collosal spending on small arms and questionable 'personal loans' to Western politicians it really is very interesting to see what SA is spending its petrodollars on.

link

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I more offended by the stupid effing Surrender Tower they put there.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Is this credible?

Definitely does not seem like a good move

ya know what gets me? This..

There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the prophet.
observer.com...

“In its continuing efforts to transform the World Trade Center site into a dynamic space in Lower Manhattan, the Port Authority announced that beginning today it will showcase famous candy sculptures around the World Trade Center campus crafted by renowned French artist Laurence Jenkell,” reads the statement. “Each of the sculptures features flags from countries in the G20 summit, and the art work was commissioned by companies and organizations including the Chanel Foundation, the International Olympic Committee and Coca-Cola.”

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It's New York. How could we expect more?

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Point to a modern religion other than Islam who does what Islam does today?

Islam is a cancer upon the Earth compared to ALL OTHER religions.
edit on 10 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Point to a modern religion other than Islam who does what Islam does today?

Islam is a cancer upon the Earth compared to ALL OTHER religions.

Absolutely agree.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I should note that I am not religious and am generally personally opposed to religion of any kind in my house. This affords me a certain level of objectivity.

For a long time, I was of the mind that Islam is like any other religion and that Muslims shouldn't be treated with suspicion simply for being Muslims.

I no longer believe that. THEY proved to me how insane they are.
edit on 10 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join