It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROD ROSENSTEIN is Resigning When New A.G. William Barr is Confirmed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This will put rosenstein in an interesting position. He will lose any cover from the ongoing ig investigation as he will no longer be assosciated with "an on going investigation". I wonder if he was less than forthcoming in any of his previous testimony? I wonder if he will be held to the same standard as others in the current climate in DC? Or do they still only charge "outsiders" with lying to congress or the fbi?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes things are continuing to be interesting but not in the far fetched fantasy way you think...

Just like when you jumped in the thread of the Russian attorney charged with obstruction of justice yelling she had no ties with Loretta Lynch, then when multiple people proved you were wrong, as usual, you never showed your face again?

This is your thing, right?

Jump in any discussion regarding Trump, spew your BS, then when people call you out you disappear... It must be really embarrassing to be you right now.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

I think I'd prefer a president who had the fortitude to hire and fire people

what about people who quit because the boss is an idiot? How do you feel about them? because these people are jumping ship in droves....

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Oh you are just hoping that he lied arent you? He had no reason to lie since he has never at any time been in anyones crosshairs.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

which she doesnt so just stop...

and I didnt jump ship I have life...
edit on 192019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

sc = special counsel not scotus.

Whoops! Sorry - picked up on the RBG reference in the OP. As you were...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Just like when you jumped in the thread of the Russian attorney charged with obstruction of justice yelling she had no ties with Loretta Lynch, then when multiple people proved you were wrong, as usual, you never showed your face again?

That one gets run over by more trains than most here, could be that old age and loss of hearing prevents hearing prevents hearing that warning whistle? Or is it just the rednecks that listen for that sort of thing these days? Not many trains in the big cities anymore are there?
No matter.
Muellers investigation has just about outlived its usefulness and the media is almost ready to tell the masses what will happen when mueller files his report to his boss which WILL NO LONGER BE ROSENSTIEN. What the doj decides to do with it will be met with wailing and gnashing of teeth of many here as they did not understand the endgame when it was begun. Muellers investigation was not "political" and when no charges are recommended against the potus the "high crimes and misdomeaners" portion of impeachment will be left flat and without the justification they have all been dreaming of. A simple statement of "no charges recommended" from the doj will ruin many a day.
They have been advised of this here.
They will get run over by that train that day as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh you are just hoping that he lied arent you? He had no reason to lie since he has never at any time been in anyones crosshairs.

which time?
when he said he didnt say anything about taping the potus or when he told them he was just joking?
or the others you have "forgotten about"?
magnesium thing again?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I admire humbleness.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

And what the house of representatives decides to do with it will be trumps undoing.
I just wonder why you would want the report buried. Are you worried what it might contain?
Because Mueller is a whip and he has not been playing games. Your postulating that this is all going to go away is a pipe dream. Your assertion that Mueller has nothing is fantasy and your belief that the investigation is going nowhere is a wish.
If that guy tries to bury it he will be in trouble with the american people and so will trump.
Hes not going to get away scott free. Dont plan on it...
Click those little red shoes together all you want.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Good points. I think Rosenstein never did appear to testify about whether he conspired to "wiretap" President Trump in the White House. He kept backing out of testifying?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
What a great boss....
His ability to hire and fire people or force them to resign is unheard of.
Yet you still follow him like a sheep.
Pathetic if you ask me

LOL. I hope you're not typing your response every time. Just copy/paste from a document!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Is anyone taking bets on how long Barr will last before he resigns/is fired/flees in panic?
Turnover in Trump's administration - if it can be called that, it's more like a dumpster fire - has been horrendous. How many people are placeholders right now again?

Judging from the results in the economy, world peace, jobs, and more, the turnover has no effect on Making America Greater.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Definitely! Only a few (like Omarossa) have bad-mouthed President Trump after leaving.

As the article states, Rod Rosenstein planned to step-down after 2 years anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And what the house of representatives decides to do with it will be trumps undoing.

yep
and what will they do if the information given form the doj is "no charges recommended"?
hard to explain "high crimes and misdomeaners" and get votes for such when the investigating agency does not give such?

I just wonder why you would want the report buried. Are you worried what it might contain?

who said anything about "burying" anything?
do you still think what mueller gives to his boss at doj is what doj will give to the public?
really?
are you sure you understand the sc process?

Because Mueller is a whip and he has not been playing games. Your postulating that this is all going to go away is a pipe dream. Your assertion that Mueller has nothing is fantasy and your belief that the investigation is going nowhere is a wish. If that guy tries to bury it he will be in trouble with the american people and so will trump.

Mueller can be all you want him to be and 10x king kong more than that. He still has to get doj permission to prosecute, and has for the process crimes he has charged. Interesting all that have been charged have nothing to do with the actual russian investigation. Process crimes are not "nothing" but they are a far cry from what you pretend will be coming at some point in the future.
The doj statement of finding from mueller will not be what you imagine it will be or have you forgotten the doj won't indict a sitting president? You forgot mueller works for the doj didnt you ?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Good points. I think Rosenstein never did appear to testify about whether he conspired to "wiretap" President Trump in the White House. He kept backing out of testifying?

yeah, more points of interest some "forgot" about.....
they were happy when mueller had no one to answer to, they aren't as happy today, how long has rosenstein not been able to rubber stamp every tall tale mueller decided to chase that was not within the original scope presented?
it is like they forget these documents are in the public domain
mueller is not a presidential personal cop, mueller had a very limited scope and I bet he is reduced to that these days

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They sure have gotten a lot of witches, lol. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
They sure have gotten a lot of witches, lol. a reply to: carewemust

not for anything to do with the 2016 election

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
this is good news! he said he would only leave when he felt the investigation was close to being finished or at a point where it had enough protection.

yesterday we learned manafort was giving info on US citizens to russians, yikes!

and, the russian lawyer..

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

A plausible reason why Rod Rosenstein is choosing to leave now, vs last year, or down the road..

BREAKING: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein leaving his Justice Department job ahead of a Justice Department inspector general's report on the alleged misuse of FISA warrants against Trump advisers by Justice officials --including one signed by Rosenstein himself

Source: twitter.com...

edit on 1/9/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join