It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of right wing party in Germany beaten almost to death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

ETA: So, are you for or against upholding the United States Constitution, in all its facets?

AS ex military I swore to uphold the Constitution and I stand by that oath.

It's the right wing that wants to censor free speech with violence and censorship of the Media. Remember the 1st amendment?

I never said the Nazi should have been beaten btw.

Do you think Heather Heyer got what she diserved?

edit on 8-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am usually left leaning politically, but these days I am so worried about immigration that I think Trump is right and I think those in the EU who are saying no more big numbers are speaking very common sense. We have lost so much in terms of housing choice, health service access and all manner of previous luxuries of choice because of this. The crime rate in London and the people who are perpetrating it tells us what we are letting in (not all of course, but there is a clear indication). Immigration is being abused. This is not poor little refugees - it is INVASION!

I don't have a racist bone in my body, but common sense dictates that without the cash and resources to support this influx we are destroying our nations. In the UK we can't even afford to meet the needs of our own. There are not enough houses for us as it stands. This can't go on.

All hell is going to break loose in the EU. It will split the EU apart. I studied this and I know for sure Putin and Iran have been using immigrants and refugees as a weapon against the EU and America. Look at how many Central and South American nations Putin is active in. Look at all the latest refugee problems in the English Channel. They are Iranian. They will rid themselves of their criminals and let us have the problem. Cuba did the same. They emptied their prisons and put them on boats to Florida during the Cuban Revolution. The same is happening now.

edit on 8-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

ETA: So, are you for or against upholding the United States Constitution, in all its facets?

AS ex military I swore to uphold the Constitution and I stand by that oath.

It's the right wing that wants to censor free speech with violence and censorship of the Media. Remember the 1st amendment?

I never said the Nazi should have been beaten btw.

Do you think Heather Heyer got what she diserved?

I don't advocate for the suppression of any speech (short of direct physical threats). Show me where I did that in my post....please.

However, having to worry that if you are a conservative and will be physically threatened if you speak your mind and provide your opinion is real in this country. There are numerous cases of the liberal followers physically threatening and rioting over just that situation.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

He never said there were very fine groups. He specifically said "people", and unless you can prove each and every person participating was not "very fine", you have nothing.

Their support and participation in such an appalling event proves they were not very fine people.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yep, three separate times Trump tried to change history and tell us that he didn't say what he said, and anyway, he didn't mean what he didn't say, and yeah, there were good people on both sides.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Yep, three separate times Trump tried to change history and tell us that he didn't say what he said, and anyway, he didn't mean what he didn't say, and yeah, there were good people on both sides.

Trump specifical;ly condemned racsim and nazis, etc.

You are arguing that there were no non nazis there, and therfroe he tried to change history.

“Good people can go to Charlottesville,” said Michelle Piercy, a night shift worker at a Wichita, Kan., retirement home, who drove all night with a conservative group that opposed the planned removal of a statue of the Confederate general Robert E. Lee.

After listening to Mr. Trump on Tuesday, she said it was as if he had channeled her and her friends — all gun-loving defenders of free speech, she said, who had no interest in standing with Nazis or white supremacists: “It’s almost like he talked to one of our people.”

Conservatives like Ms. Piercy, who have grown only more emboldened after Charlottesville, believe that the political and media elite hold them and Mr. Trump to a harsh double standard that demands they answer for the sins of a radical, racist fringe. They largely accept Mr. Trump’s contention that these same forces are using Charlottesville as an excuse to undermine his presidency, and by extension, their vote.

www.nytimes.com...

But no, this woman and her group must have been nazis according to you.

Because somehow you know that every single person there was a nazi.

This is exactly the type of arrogant extremism I am criticizing in this OP that leads to violence.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

He never said there were very fine groups. He specifically said "people", and unless you can prove each and every person participating was not "very fine", you have nothing.

Their support and participation in such an appalling event proves they were not very fine people.

I assume those that stand with farrakhan also cant be good people.

Strange, I dont remmeber you calling out Obama or the other dems for this.

Or does guilt by association only apply to those you dont like?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'm not sure I trust your judgement of character in this case, especially since you're doing it from a position of ignorance. It appears like Trump was merely standing up for the non-violent, peaceful American protesters exercising their rights, while the media and the media's base demonized all of them, even the peaceful ones, as the enemy worthy of condemnation.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is not the Mud Pit.

Refrain from the personal commentary.

Do not respond to this post.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It was a far right nutjob who murdered British MP Jo Cox.

www.theguardian.com...

Fanatics on both sides are the problem.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: markojo
It was a far right nutjob who murdered British MP Jo Cox.

www.theguardian.com...

Fanatics on both sides are the problem.
Definitely true

That is why we should condemn all violence and extreme rhetoric in these situations

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

There were no "Fine people" in this bunch! Fine people don't ally themselves with racists and bigots.

Protesters were members of the far-right and included self-identified members of the alt-right, neo-Confederates, neo-fascists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and various militias. The marchers chanted racist and antisemitic slogans, carried semi-automatic rifles, swastikas, Nazi symbols (such as the Odal rune, Black Sun, and Iron Cross), the Valknut, Confederate battle flags, Deus Vult crosses, flags and other symbols of various past and present anti-Muslim and antisemitic groups.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I see you totally ignored the link I gave showing a free speech advocate had her group there on their side trying to keep the peace

Here is an entire thread detailing the issue

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Nothing beats karma! Nice pun!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Nothing beats karma! Nice pun!

Thank you for you honesty in cheering for right wing people to be attacked and possibly killed

It’s good to show examples like you when people say no one thinks like that

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There were no "Fine people" in this bunch! Fine people don't ally themselves with racists and bigots.

Protesters were members of the far-right and included self-identified members of the alt-right, neo-Confederates, neo-fascists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and various militias. The marchers chanted racist and antisemitic slogans, carried semi-automatic rifles, swastikas, Nazi symbols (such as the Odal rune, Black Sun, and Iron Cross), the Valknut, Confederate battle flags, Deus Vult crosses, flags and other symbols of various past and present anti-Muslim and antisemitic groups.
en.wikipedia.org...

But, fine people do protest the senseless destruction of historical monuments. Which is what the event had been about. I guess that everyone that associated with a certain H. Weinstein are also guilty of sexual assault too...even if they attended one event in which he was in attendance? According to you, attendance at an event with him means they are also condoning his actions. Guilt by association is also wrong...and also flies in the face of freedom of assembly (another one of those pesky rights outlined in the United States Constitution).

Put away the hate, and pick up the ability to see people individually and not as part of a group-think. I know that is difficult for some folks that embrace the liberal mindset, since it depends upon the idea of unconditional group-think.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Again, he won’t answer to fine people hang around with new haters like Farrakhan?

Why is he more mad about trump who said words about bad people rather than Obama who palled around with them?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Look, I get it. You need to defend Trump's rhetoric, while condemning the left's rhetoric. You did a whole thread on it here!

Again, this thread is you clutching your pearls because some right wing politician got mugged in Germany, We don't know who did it, or why, but you think we should take this instance of violence as a watershed moment of unchecked, mostly leftist, political violence. Your call for civility rings hollow.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join