It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of right wing party in Germany beaten almost to death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
A leader of the Right wing German party AFD has been beaten nearly to death by three men.

Warning before clicking on this link. The images of the beaten man are extremely gruesome (in my opinion).

Frank Magnitz, Chairman of Germany's right-wing AfD party, was beaten within an inch of his life on Monday by three men as he left a New Year's reception, according to the AfD Bremen Facebook page, which adds that he was knocked unconscious with a wooden board and repeatedly kicked in the head.

The attack on Magnitz was stopped after the "courageous" intervention of a construction worker, according to the Facebook post. The AfD Chairman is currently in the hospital with serious injuries, as well as police protection since the incident has been ruled to be politically motivated.

www.zerohedge.com...

The first thing to say is we shouldnt rush to judgement as to who the attackers were, even though police have apparently been treating it as politically motivated.

Even if it was politically motivated, that doesnt mean that all opponents of this man are responsible.

Political violence is extremely disturbing because it has the potential to reach a boiling point.

Lately, we have seen right wing people attacked for political reasons. Rand Paul and Steve Scalise in the US. Bolsonaro in Brazil was almost killed before the election that he won.

And of course, its not just right wingers, as any politician in Mexico that wants to make things better regardles of ideology seems to be in danger of being attacked by cartels.

Again, we dont know the motivation in this particular attack yet.

But I think it shows us the dangers of labeling people nazis or racist flippantly. Afd is called far right by almost every source I could find, but they just seem to be a party that is fed up with the migrant policy. The only thing I thought that seemed odd to me was they are against gay marriage and instead favor civil unions, which although I disagree with, hardly makes them evil people.

(Perhaps a German member that knows the AFD better can infomr us better)

You can find videos on youtube of Antifa and others protesting AFD or clashing with them at rallies. Here is just one where they are calling the AFD nazis.

Now there was a big conversation going on, even in the msm, about if it was ok to punch a nazi. I was strongly against this, because I knew that once you say villence is acceptable against nazis, now all you have to do is label anyone who disagrees with you a nazi to justify violence against them.

This could in fact have been what happened in this situation, and the rhetoric and jsutifications for violence nearly cost a man his life.

I am hoping the man pulls through, and all of those responsible are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Hopefully,this incident will make pepple think twice before calling for vilence or labeling people nazis flippantly.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The pendulum will swing

From positive to negative

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Getting any deja-vu from the Aussie thread? I sure am.

It's almost like there's a push to make anyone who wants to put the brakes on immigration a "Nazi" who deserves whatever's coming to them. This isn't gonna end well for anyone.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying

Getting any deja-vu from the Aussie thread? I sure am.

It's almost like there's a push to make anyone who wants to put the brakes on immigration a "Nazi" who deserves whatever's coming to them. This isn't gonna end well for anyone.

Yes that thread was in my mind when doing this thread, and several others.

There seems to be a rush to just scream "Nazi" at any person who has a problem with migration policy.

regardless of who is to blame in this attack and their motivation, this will be the end result of that tactic, as people will be violently attacked by people who feel its the moral duty to kill these nazis.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I think the time is fast approaching when some antifa type accidentaly kills someone during one of these events and then the gloves will come off. Most of them aren't exactly beefy types and I think the blowback will shock them.

Can't wait to see them screaming for police protection when it happens. The blowback, not the accidental death

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying

I think the time is fast approaching when some antifa type accidentaly kills someone during one of these events and then the gloves will come off. Most of them aren't exactly beefy types and I think the blowback will shock them.

Can't wait to see them screaming for police protection when it happens. The blowback, not the accidental death

Hopefully it doesnt come to that.

But where are all of the media people that defended antifa, they are just anti facsists right?

We warned them that this was a violent group, and how downplaying or talking them up was dangerous, but were ignored.

But I think they knew how irresponsible it was to call so many people nazis and just didnt care

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The time draws near.

Be vigilant, fellow Americans.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I might not agree with his politics but violence just isn’t the way. Whoever’s responsible has done nothing more than cowardly attack a defenceless man and actually in doing so has strengthened his police while weakening their own.

Hope they catch these guys and they get to spend a long time behind bars

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If I wanted to start a war, well at least some serious political issues I would beat up the leader of said fascist party and claim it was anti fascists
Who knows the truth
Reprecussions are imminent I expect

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
If I wanted to start a war, well at least some serious political issues I would beat up the leader of said fascist party and claim it was anti fascists
Who knows the truth

Do you have evidence the AFD is a fascist party, or are you just smearing them?

I would hope that this case along with many others would have people really question smearing people or groups like that.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I might not agree with his politics but violence just isn’t the way.

'
' '
' Violence is never an answer!

Whoever’s responsible has done nothing more than cowardly attack a defenceless man

I believe it was three on to one? .... that is even worse than cowardly

Hope they catch these guys and they get to spend a long time behind bars

And maybe a taste of their own sense of justice

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

How do we know this was a politically motivated attack? Maybe he owes some dangerous people money. I need more information before I start imagining Antifa and politically motivated violence.

Also, I can't imagine any US prominent lawmaker going out in public without a bodyguard, in any major US city. Crazy people be crazy, everywhere!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

How do we know this was a politically motivated attack? Maybe he owes some dangerous people money. I need more information before I start imagining Antifa and politically motivated violence.

Does the motivation matter?? ....... Nothing warrants that kind of unjustified

three on to one violence of beating anyone almost to death.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This was likely an attack by operatives of the government's intelligence agencies. They are pulling out all the stops in trying to stop the populist/anti-immigration wave.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Also, I can't imagine any US prominent lawmaker going out in public without a bodyguard, in any major US city. Crazy people be crazy, everywhere!

Well I addressed that we dont know who did it.

However, police are apparently saying it was politically motivated, as the article I linked shows.

Thepoint is i think the story should be a lesson on why smearing people as nazis or evil and saying violence is justified against those types will have very real chances of leading to horrific acts like this, even if this incident isnt one of those cases.

(post by Raggedyman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Who knows the truth

Do you have evidence the AFD is a fascist party, or are you just smearing them?

I would hope that this case along with many others would have people really question smearing people or groups like that.

“Alleged fascist” party, happy now compadre, comrade
My mistake, the word said should have read alleged, English is my first language, I will note it’s not yours for future reference
Somebody “said” it was fascist, I just used their words

Toughen up princess, don’t go all sjw on me, poor thing that you are
Don’t see the irony grumbler

On a thread about the dangers of calliong people nazis, you called a gorup facsists.

It seemed reasonable to question that.

You could have just said you mistyped and wanted to say alleged.

Instead you make comments about english not being my first language, call me an sjw princess, etc.

The irony i see is you calling me princess and a sjw when I reacted with no emotion at all and merely a question, while clearly you were more hurt to feel the need to respond with name calling.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Toughen up princess, don’t go all sjw on me, poor thing that you are

I'm sure you'll be taken seriously now.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Thepoint is i think the story should be a lesson on why smearing people as nazis or evil and saying violence is justified against those types will have very real chances of leading to horrific acts like this, even if this incident isnt one of those cases.

And doesn't that make the aggressors equally as bad ??

Indeed three times as bad.... as there were three of them in this instance.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This wont go well for the leftists in Europe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join