It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of right wing party in Germany beaten almost to death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Have things come full circle now to where those on the right must wait their turn to be beaten down like the followers of Gandhi?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: olaru12

Defending free speech used to be something we all did as well.

Now some try to justify brutality and even murder just because some people think differently.

You're free to spread all the hatred you want against anyone you see fit. Freedom of speech...

Just don't be surprised when someone might feel that "speech" was an insult and kicks your ass.

Words have consequences...

Yes and our society doesnt accept the violence in response to speech.

DO you think violence is acceptable against speech that is offensive?

I don't, but I'm not a violent person and usually ignore the idiots. But some people don't want to see a resurgence of Nazi
ideology in America. You reap what you sow.

Who is reaping what?

SP because there are a few nazis, the left can call anyone a nazi and beat them do death and that victim reaped what they sowed?

Did the man attacked in this op reap what he sowed?

If not, why are you conflating the issue?

You already implied Trump said some nazis were goo people, that is a lie.

SO what are you reaping by smearing people as nazi sympathizers and saying people like that will have violence enacted on them?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Defending free speech used to be something we all did as well.

Now some try to justify brutality and even murder just because some people think differently.

You're free to spread all the hatred you want against anyone you see fit. Freedom of speech...

Just don't be surprised when someone might feel that "speech" was an insult and kicks your ass.

Words have consequences...

DO you think violence is acceptable against speech that is offensive?

I don't, but I'm not a violent person and usually ignore the idiots. But some people don't want to see a resurgence of Nazi
ideology in America. You reap what you sow.

Which is what verbal and economic protests are for in this country. However, violence, by either side is NOT what we should be advocating as ever justified as a response to words. That is how the Nazi's responded to their detractors. So, by advocating violence, you are using Nazi tactics yourself, but because "your cause is just" it is OK?

That, again, is the same justification the Nazi's used to justify their own violence.

Doesn't anyone see this for what it is???? Really??

edit on 1/8/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Grambler

The crowds went wild with support every time Trump threatened violence to hecklers and protesters at his rallies.

Trump threatening violence is bad.

Whats your point? I just did a whole thread on how threatening violence or insults form all sides is bad.

Had violence been eneacted based merely on words, it would be against the law.

Here we see a man beaten within an inch of his life. His party has been smeared as nazis, and we have been told its ok to assault nazis.

I think that is terrible.

Do you agree?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You are implying trump said some nazis are fine people.

That is a lie. You are implying trump said some nazis are fine people.

At the rally, which Trump was speaking of, there were Neo-Nazi and White Supremacists on one side, and opposition to Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists on the other side. Trump said there were fine people on both sides. There weren't.

Protesters were members of the far-right and included self-identified members of the alt-right, neo-Confederates, neo-fascists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and various militias. The marchers chanted racist and antisemitic slogans, carried semi-automatic rifles, swastikas, Nazi symbols (such as the Odal rune, Black Sun, and Iron Cross), the Valknut, Confederate battle flags, Deus Vult crosses, flags and other symbols of various past and present anti-Muslim and antisemitic groups.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

At the rally, which Trump was speaking of, there were Neo-Nazi and White Supremacists on one side, and opposition to Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists on the other side. Trump said there were fine people on both sides. There weren't.

Protesters were members of the far-right and included self-identified members of the alt-right, neo-Confederates, neo-fascists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and various militias. The marchers chanted racist and antisemitic slogans, carried semi-automatic rifles, swastikas, Nazi symbols (such as the Odal rune, Black Sun, and Iron Cross), the Valknut, Confederate battle flags, Deus Vult crosses, flags and other symbols of various past and present anti-Muslim and antisemitic groups.
en.wikipedia.org...

Trump also condemned hatred and bigotry. It applied to both sides. While the media excused the hatred and bigotry on one side.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

You are lying..... There were people there that were not Nazi's protesting the taking down of the statue because it was part of their heritage. They had nothing to do with the Nazi's.
There was Antifa and there were people on that side who were there not affiliuated with Antifa to protest the protestors.

Trump merely said there were good people on both sides. IE people not affiliated with the Nazi's and people not affiliated with Antifa.

You guys are pissed that Trump included Antifa as part of the problem along with the Nazi's and he didn't soley single out the Nazi's as the problem.

FACT if the idiots who promote protesting would have just allowed the Nazi's their freedom to speak and show the world how stupid they are, that girl would be alive today! But NO, you guys don't value freedom of assembly or speech and therefore violence commensed. Trump was right. There were bad people on both sides and good people on both sides.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I will be doing a full thread and vidoe on this lie, but I will address it here.

Here is the comment trump said about good people on both sides.

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group.

abcnews.go.com...

Now lets go a little further in the same conference

So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group.

Now this was after two other statement trump made where he condmened racist and bogotry, even the kkk and nazis by name in his second speech.

Yet the press still claimed he was not condemning racsim.

Now people continue to spread the lie he said nazis were good people, when he expressedly says he sisnt talking about them, but others who were protesting the statue when he says fine people.

Yet still the smears continue, and surely the threat of violence against trump and his supporters will increase as they are smeared as liking nazis.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It's Nazism that is politically racist, violent and extremist as shown by their past performance.

You pretty much pointed out how the left is lately. The AFD is right wing. So according to you Nazis beat up a right winger...

edit: if the beating was politicaly motivated of course, which we dont know... But if it was then a nazi beat up a right winger while calling the right winger a nazi...

edit on 8-1-2019 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My point is, you're clutching pearls because some foreign politician was beaten, by whom, we don't know, why, we don't know. But, you're certain that it's a sign of the times and you're laying insinuations of rampant, unchecked left wing violence on the rise. I see you calling for civility from both sides, but especially the left, when all along the lack of civility has been spearheaded by Trump and the rise in violence that we've seem in the US has been nurtured by, and sometimes even fueled by the words and tweets of President Trump.

and we have been told its ok to assault nazis.

It was okay to kill Nazis, but not by taking the law into your own hands. People did brag about killing Nazis. Snoopy, while pretending to be "The Red Baron" loved killing Nazis. Interpol is still looking for WWII Nazis and killing them. Nazis have not suddenly become "fine people".

edit on 8-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay?

Sorry, no. It's not okay. There were no fine people, suporting, marching with marchers with torches and other racist paraphilia, chanting racist and bigoted mottos, running opposition protesters down with cars on one side.

Trump, trying to change history, to walk back and to spin his own words....nope, not buying it.

Now people continue to spread the lie he said nazis were good people,

Again, he clearly said "There are very fine people on both sides." There weren't.

edit on 8-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You are lying..... There were people there that were not Nazi's protesting the taking down of the statue because it was part of their heritage. They had nothing to do with the Nazi's.

No there weren't. The whole event was organized by a White Supremacist group, who invited Neo-Nazi groups, Neo-Confederate groups and Neo-Fascist groups.

Please, name one group that was participating in the "Unite the Right" rally considered a "very fine" group.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Clutching pearls?

Is that what commenting on a story when a man was beaten nearly to death is about?

Tell me, did you think it was clutching pearls when people reported on heather heaters murder and the type of people involved?

You can claim trump started the lack of civility, I disagree, I think it was getting worse wel before trump

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
“Right wing” or “far right” does NOT mean ‘white supremist’. It does NOT mean ‘racist’ it most certainly does NOT mean ‘nazi’ or ‘fascist’.

“Right wing” or “far right” does NOT mean ‘bad’ or ‘inherently evil’. It does NOT mean ‘oppressive’ and again it most certainly does NOT mean ‘racist’.

People’s iq level may lead them to blindly follow whatever the agenda-driven lying media tells them. It’s those people who seek to totally ‘shut-down’ anything they deem ‘right wing’ who are the true fascists.

“Think how we think or we’ll attack you”. The very definition of fascism.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yep trump in three separate speeches condemning racist, even Nazis by name

But because you know they were all Nazis, you know that trump was severely lying about condemning them

Tell me, do you fee everyone who has hung out with Farrakhan is also no good and a rabid Jew hating racist like him?

If so, where were your comments condemning Obama and other dem politicians?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Isn't that what the right wing is doing with their veiled treats of revolution and "taking back OUR country" and incessant talk about their "firepower" on ATS?

edit on 8-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Isn't that what the right wing is doing with their veiled treats of revolution and "taking back OUR country" and incessant talk about their "firepower" on ATS?

No. It’s not.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I usually see those type of posts in response to someone attempting to further infringe or outright call for removing the 2nd Amendment protections that are guaranteed by the United States Constitution. That little document that just happens to be the supreme law, and that no Federal or State law can overrule.

But then, one may ask who or what group is calling for this curtailment of rights? Is that a group you (in particular) support? If so, then your words might have consequences....wouldn't you agree (hmmm....a familiar phrase is it not)?

As for defending Nazi's, I see nothing of the sort here. I do see folks calling for the end of violent responses to others opinions. Opinion, I may add, that are not in violation of the United States Constitution. The actions in response, however, do seem to be in direct opposition to that document and what it represents. Since it borders upon the attempt to infringe upon the 1st Amendment protection of free speech and assembly.

ETA: So, are you for or against upholding the United States Constitution, in all its facets?

edit on 1/8/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I respect your opinion, but this has already crossed a threshold.

They tried to kill him. These were murderers. Not just violent people.

They are going to try to kill us. Worldwide.

Be safe.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

No there weren't. The whole event was organized by a White Supremacist group, who invited Neo-Nazi groups, Neo-Confederate groups and Neo-Fascist groups.

Please, name one group that was participating in the "Unite the Right" rally considered a "very fine" group.

He never said there were very fine groups. He specifically said "people", and unless you can prove each and every person participating was not "very fine", you have nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join