It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Terror Threat In This Country Is MSM

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Here you go. kennorphan.com...

www.internationalbusinessguide.org...

147 super companies run the world.
www.newscientist.com...

Bilderberg Group

www.businessinsider.com...

These are the people who control the minds of the masses.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The MSM is GOING to come down, it's only a matter of when, not if...

“The Spirit of God says, I will move in a very unusual manner. For this Nation is being mocked. Third world countries are mocking you. Ungodly nations are mocking you. But God said, not the forces of hell, for they are hearing sounds of fire and resurrection that are emerging from the four corners of this Nation. Some would say, you are forgotten, but I have told you there will be an invasion of the news media. Instruments that once mocked Me will be instruments that now raise Me up, says the Lord.”

“Time Magazine will have no choice but to say what I want them to say. Newsweek, what I want to say. The View, what I want to say. Trump shall become a trumpet, says the Lord!”

What’s happening now? Media is indeed being inverted against itself! God is using the jawbone of an ass to slay His enemies! In fact, Judges 15:6, goes even more to the point as Samson took 300 Foxes and tied their tails together with a lit torch and let them loose in the fields of the Philistines. While many were expecting God’s judgment on America heaven is doing a different sort of clean up. God is lighting media fires and exposing His enemies. Every news network has no choice now but to cover what is uncovered! It’s what Kim Clement said!

lancewallnau.com...

The Spirit of God says, "The news media, the news media, you have become a stench unto my nostrils, there is no spirit of truth in you. I the Lord God will clean out the news media and bring back truth. The sign will be given when news outlets will go down, bankrupt, and I the Lord God will rebuild them using my righteous people to restore them. I am calling on my Army, those who are chosen to be journalists, investors, to get ready to take your place as I tear down and rebuild my news media."

God Will Remove The Fake News (Transcript)

edit on 1.6.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: zosimov

BINGO! Anti-American TERRORISTS. Nothing less. Must be dealt with as TERRORIST TRAITORS.

Sucks you hate the freedom of the press and the First Amendment that much.

That's a pretty unAmerican and undemocratic attitude there, cowboy, but I'm not surprised.

This dude tried to go against the "free press"

“How prog-guru John Podesta isn’t household name as world class underage sex slave op cover-upperer defending unspeakable dregs escapes me,” Mr. Breitbart wrote Feb. 4, 2011.

Also tried to go against the "free press"

en.wikipedia.org...

This guy went to bat with the "free press" too.

en.wikipedia.org...

battled the free press again

en.wikipedia.org...

another one of the those guys who was up against the "free press"

www.longislandpress.com...

FREE PRESS!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

The nocebo effect proves they are harming the collective minds of those that subscribe to their words, it is a subliminal war that the vast majority don't even know they are in.
The war on terror had you concentrating on two effects, fear is what they peddle because that is what keeps the collective easy to manage, sure Trump has the mind set at fake news and building walls, i have yet to figure out if these are good things, if they are then building a wall maybe an analogy for something else. Or if it's another trick or distraction then it is being done because the information they don't want out has been foreseen to be escaping so they have joined the truth seekers insidiously to take them astray.

Interesting times when you have the blue print
Psst it's called "the prince" by Machiavelli

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well money talks. Always has always will for a great percentage of people.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Again this morning, from the President of the United States.

....The Fake News Media in our Country is the real Opposition Party. It is truly the Enemy of the People! We must bring honesty back to journalism and reporting!

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It can be seen everywhere now.

News
Television shows comedies , dramas, talk shows
Newspapers
Radio.
Films
Books.
All parroting each other rinse and repeating same false stuff about trump.
I first noticed this in action during the 2016 election when all the news media were stating stuff in wikileaks emails
Was not supposed to be viewed because it was stolen and it was illegal for anyone but CNN to veiw it. Never did the media or democrats deny the veracity of the content of podestia emails they just said we were not allowed to look at them and bad on Russia for stealing them. I am sorry but to me what they should have done was declare them to be utterly fake to me by them not denying their veracity lead me to believe them to be true.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to our discussion!
And for the most part, this was a very civil discourse regarding an emotionally charged topic (resulting from the title's inflamatory language I took verbatim from MSM).

My anti-media (by this I generally mean the network news programs) bent began nearly 20 years ago when I saw first hand how a story is spun to a desired effect.
When "Bowling for Columbine" came out, my liberal friends were definitely of the same opinion as I. Now I see that the opposite is true, since Trump has weighed in with his "fake news," now everything Trump says is true to some and reprehensible to others (thanks to you-know-who-this-thread-is-about).

And since about 2012, I've noticed a ramping up of the divisive issues on nightly news and have perceived a noticable shift in mood/lack of civil discourse and so much of that revolves around the "issues" the media draws our attention to.
It's not the most scientific approach, I know.

But don't you feel it?

I do agree with Peeple, though, in that the media gives us what we crave (drama and sensation.)

a reply to: proteus33

It's true, almost like they all want us all focused on Trump all the time.

Love him or hate him, who cares, so long as we have more to argue about!

As for me, I don't care for the guy at all, but neither do I care or want to hear about his prostrate, his love life, his food preferences, etc. and think that the constant hounding detracts from his detractors' case by giving every offense (however trivial or ridiculous) equal weight.

ATS

edit on 7-1-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I would not go so far as to say MSM is the biggest terror threat to America, but it does use its power to shape public opinion in ways that serves the interests of its shareholders over the interests of the people. It does this mainly through spin, obfuscation, misdirection, and lack of exposure. Sometimes, however, it resorts to outright lies. In any case, the net effect is to push the public in one direction so the wealthy can continue devolving America one step at a time. The real news, the best news, is delivered by small media outlets accessed over the internet. But it takes critical thinking and fact checking to winnow out the noise, and most people are too jaded or ignorant to do this. And really big stories can be readily missed due to the resources required to fully vet them. Freedom of the press and free speech are crucial to a democratic republic, but they don't work so well when it comes in the form often delivered by MSM. In the end, like pretty much everything, it comes down to money. And the veracity of news took a huge hit when people stopped demanding truth, unbiased news of significant events that shape society.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
There is always much furor, on here and elsewhere, regarding what is said (and what is not said) by talking heads on TV. Despite the mistrust of MSM voiced here, people are still getting all riled up over the things they’ve heard on the news (as evidenced by multiple threads)-- a maelstrom ensues each new hot button issue and spins furiously without ever quite reaching the target (a compromise or solution-- or is a solution really the target they seek? Hmmm).

The media is not our friend. By now, if the so-called reporters are unaware of the unrest they are causing through their irresponsible approach to these contentious times, then they are not aware enough of their surroundings to adequately report the news. And if they are aware (which I believe they are) then they are fully deplorable. And they ought to know their role in destabilizing already mentally ill individuals and, if their contention that words really DO directly harm people is true, they have blood on their hands.

Real reporters are not bankrolled by billionaires.

If you allow the news to incite you against your fellow countrymen, you let the billionaires pull the strings. That simple.

Have a great day, friends!

I assume when you make these kind of declarations.. you include Fox News and Breitbart in your condemnation. Correct?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

One hundred percent correct.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So a free press is the biggest terror threat.

Kind of ironic how some of you adopt the exact same views of the authoritarian dictatorships your profess to fear and hate so much.

It's amusing that you think there is a free press.
It would be great if we actually had one. Unfortunately it's a toss up between state run media and lobbyist run media.

Perhaps the only free press left is the independent one man band blogs and radio shows....but they get shut down or blackballed if they reach too many people. No one seems to care about that, though.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It makes perfect sense for the Right Wing to alienate the MSN so when election time comes around they will be ignored.

Remember the FCC is a government entity. That's not gonna change.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

olaru,

I doubt this is a partisan issue as it appears to be negatively influencing us all. Please check my post above where I did a better job clarifying my own personal perspective (but a terrible job spelling prostate lol), which definitely has nothing to do with Trump's latest war on CNN.

I also would like to clarify my position that by saying MSM I by no means am talking about any of the jobs you listed in your repetoir. I think you do great work and am a bit envious of your job. Sounds exciting and creative.

And the final point I'd like to make is that the title and the sentiment behind it came straight from MSM and that this is my most controversial thread (with the possible exception of one other-- also a hot topic issue the media likes to bring up but my thread was more geared toward offering a solution) yet. Is that telling? Not sure honestly but I think yes.
edit on 7-1-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Ha!
A funny.

The job of the media for a while now has been to report on whats on the table before them and in front of them. Or if they don't they get fired and hire another guy. Ever since they discovered that mass media is such a useful tool to control the masses, it has been in full swing. And well if your a billionaire and you want to achieve something for you and your constituency, its quite a useful little tool.

Only since the in vent, of the internet, has that taken a detour. And now everybody is scrambling for there purchase in the new media, as the old one dies. And so life goes on, but not much changes, other then finally something that was obvious for a long time, becomes obvious to those who were for a long time oblivious to it.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The City I live in is being fleeced roobed and defrauded of billions of dollars by people who use private media ownership to SNUFF OUT THE VOICES OF THE PEOPLE....if you cannot be heard you mean nothing and as Trump is doing in America we need to identify the owners of these media outlets as being the criminals they are and we need to rip the ability from their greedy slimy hands..rotten old scums... wrinkly old plicks…..who drink and inject the hormonal body fluids of children and adults to prolong their putrid existances…..time for a hunt.....time for Hunter Teams to be formed to work in cells and clean up this ungodly unholy mess......if ever there was a time for different doctrines to come together in a co-operative effort to begin to clear their own slates it is RIGHT NOW....multidoctrinal Hunter teams whose job it is to find and remediate cannibals....time for religons to stop fighting each other and to target the real evil on this planet.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.realclearpolitics.com...
Did you know if you flick the back button between Fox and MSNBC fast enough between channels an image of George Orwell fades onto the screen and gives you the finger.
True story.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join