It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Terror Threat In This Country Is MSM

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Be advised that what you right wingers want to do by controlling the media, would shut down ATS in a heartbeat.

Do you want freedom or not.

One of the issues that right-wingers mistake is blaming Twitter and Facebook for censorship, when it is really the governments, with their laws and regulations of social media, basically forcing their hands.

Les, the government???...who's in the WH, Who controls congress who makes the rules and regulations for social media.

I guess the question is....do you want a free internet. Or one where only trumps tweets are accepted and no discussion or dissent. Fascism?

Governments, plural. The EU in particular has been egregious in regulating social media, making Facebook, Twitter etc potentially liable for things people say on their own platforms.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The problem as I see it is y'all think the news is fake...
It is not.

Rarely is news fake.

Often it is spun. To spin a good yarn I was told to add a little sensationalism and lies... Grab the audience, this advice shouldn't apply to news, ever.
edit on 6-1-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Agreed, I don't watch it either

But I always, always know what's been on the news as it turns up in daily conversation, usually a bit charged (passion).

If I wanted to avoid it I suppose I could just stop interacting with people altogether?

edit on 6-1-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

LOL IKR
guess banning school altogether is next on the agenda.
In a generation or two they will be putty.

It was thoughts like that ones that to this day keeps me from getting past the first chapter of Fahrenheit 451.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: zosimov

You are wrong. The president is the biggest threat. trump is the biggest liar to grace the White House Ever. You just keep drinking your Kool Aid.

And this is all the proof you need folks.

You, don't see the proof. You just keep trucking along, chugging the Kool Aid. How many criminal investigations were there about Obama?

Let's see, Clinton/Whitewater investigation, over 7 years, and one indictment.Clinton foundation, investigated twice, nada, Obamas Birth Certificate, proven legitimate...

All of your past arguments are irrelevant. You will all just go on, and on.

Now, because the MSM, is calling trump out, using his OWN WORDS, they are the enemy.

trump "no one in my campaign had contacts with russians" Fact, 16 did. The trump tower meeting was not about adoption. trump dictated a letter saying the tower meeting was about adoption, that is a FACT. Don jrs email, "if it's what you say I love it " that is a fact.

How about this one, "mr president, did you know about the payment to Stormy Daniels" trump. "No, you would have to ask Michael Cohen, he is my attorney".

Muller investigation 35, people/business indicted. Including many trump was directly involved with.

Oh, Uranium One. Lol, bust. It has been investigated! Nada!

Oh, the trump foundation, Being dismantled! Criminal activity!
Drink your Kool Aid.
edit on 6-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: Add

edit on 6-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Interesting how riled up this title is getting everyone...
could it be those strong words "the biggest terror threat to this country" that's causing the stir?

I would posit yes. This type of language is dangerous and instigatory and should be used wisely.

News outlets, take note please.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It's winter and Sunday. Cabin fever!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Sigh....it's not a bad idea to look for more information on any story, there are press releases, ed ops, and other printed sources on most stories, as well as dot coms who have decent records.
There are also many sites who have had years of reporting on individuals and trends, and updates to go with them.
All these you need to have some knowledge of before you even open your gub about any particular part of TV reporting of any story. When you can do that, you will really know what areas of MSM have credence...and those that have not.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: olaru12

Haha, good point, olaru!

We all see the problem... so, what's the solution?

Maybe we can brainstorm a bit on here.

For one, we ALL have the platform now to be responsible reporters. The problem is we've dug ourselves in these deep trenches all ready for warfare and might not report the truth responsibly if it doesn't fit our opinions.

It's not 1950 any more. Everyone with a cell phone can express their opinion on a multitude of platforms.

Everyone can be a reporter, vloger, outlet for their own views. But I agree there seems to be a portion of the citizenry that want to revolt, curtail free speech, and control or kill the opposition. Glad I don't have kids.

I don't care what you guys do...I'm blessed to have the resources to move and prosper anywhere in the world that allows a free and open internet connection. It's a yuuuugggggeeeee world and it's digital.

I have expat friends in Costa Rica, they tell me it's paradise. Or perhaps an extended vacation in Bangkok...

see ya soon B.

edit on 6-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Cool story bro.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Interesting read through a few of the replies on this thread to my initial posts.

I think something that is important to highlight is that the view that the press is the biggest terror threat in this country is in its purest form a opinion it is in no way a established fact. Now yes it is my opinion that the press is not a terror threat and while I recognise that is a opinion the absence of any evidence to support that the press is in itself the biggest (lets take that literally) terrorist threat to America does support my view that it is not a real terrorist threat let alone the "biggest"

Another interesting point I wanted to make that I think I missed in my first post is that the OP seems to single out the MSM yet neglects to point out that if we are being fair the alternative media has been responsible for acts of violence. Now I am not for a moment saying that some crazy hasn't gone out and done some dumb stuff because of something he read on CNN. It does happen but how about Pizzagate, that dude shot up that pizza place almost as a direct result of coverage in the alternative media and I am sure if I went hunting I could find other examples. Now again, before anyone asks no, I don't think Pizzagate makes Alex jones a terrorist threat or whatever but I do think it demonstrates that the alt-media can play a role in radicalising susceptible individuals, perhaps unintentionally into committing acts of violence.

On balance however I do not think that in my opinion it would be fair to say that the press in general (MSN and even Alt-Media) constitute a terrorist threat, at least not on the same scale as Islamic terrorism or far-right/left groups. The implication of what the OP is asserting to me just doesn't add up. I cannot see how they are a terrorist threat.

This last bit could be unpopular but.....I do think that some areas of the alt-media kind off overlap into the kind of rhetoric that feeds far right terrorist groups. Now by that I don't mean stuff like Fox or britebart, I mean more extreme elements that disguise themselves as being "news sites" but really only exist to fire up far-right radicle views. Wouldn't surprise me if it happens on the left but for the most part I have seen it with more of the far-right side of the internet. Not a place I like to visit but sometimes sadly i have seen such sites linked to on ATS threads.
edit on 6-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Haha, good point, olaru!

We all see the problem... so, what's the solution?

Maybe we can brainstorm a bit on here.

For one, we ALL have the platform now to be responsible reporters. The problem is we've dug ourselves in these deep trenches all ready for warfare and might not report the truth responsibly if it doesn't fit our opinions.

Ummm...perhaps we could break up the conglomerates...Ma Bell style...

Perhaps independent panels of fact checking...before it’s news...

Perhaps excising the news from the talking heads soap operas...having fact only based reporting as news...and talking heads round table soap operas an adjunct opinion only editorial crap show separate and distinct from the news...

With scrolling banners and continuous disclaimers that those are opinion only shows...that the real news is the non glitzy opinionless reporting of events without spin or politics or personalities...

Face it...the cable “news shows”...are anything but factual and non partisan...split them into distinct arenas...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

could it be those strong words "the biggest terror threat to this country" that's causing the stir?

I would posit yes. This type of language is dangerous and instigatory and should be used wisely.

It does. I think you are not being literal—maybe metaphorical, maybe hyperbolic—but that doesn’t mean people won’t take it literally and act accordingly. The literal mind is baffled by the ironic one.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It does. I think you are not being literal—maybe metaphorical, maybe hyperbolic—but that doesn’t mean people won’t take it literally and act accordingly. The literal mind is baffled by the ironic one.

That sounds like back-peddling to me.

Its right up there in the title "biggest terror threat"

Everyone knows thats utter nonsense, could have just went with MSM being a terror thread but nope, we went with the biggest.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The literal mind is baffled by the ironic one.

Les, sometimes you are very profound. I mean that!!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Can we throw in some more adjustments to the 1st, 2nd and 4th? I mean if we are going to start, why not go all out.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I took a U.S. news anchor's own words "the biggest terror threat to our country"
and replaced his opinion of what that is-- "white men"
with mine--" MSM."

www.usatoday.com...

Yes I was being a bit of a brat.
But I also believe the flurry of responses generated proves my point that the news is using deliberately inflamatory language.
The Network stayed silent on Lemon's comment btw.

edit on 6-1-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That sounds like back-peddling to me.

Its right up there in the title "biggest terror threat"

Everyone knows thats utter nonsense, could have just went with MSM being a terror thread but nope, we went with the biggest.

What? Yes, everyone knows the media isn’t committing terrorist acts, and I’m not sure why you are bothering to point that out. Could it be there is more nuance to the statement than you originally believed?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The most accurate news about the status of the USA comes from FoxNews. I'm surprised that people risk their lives to come here, considering how prevalent CNN is in Central America. CNN portrays America as a sh'ithole.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The literal mind is baffled by the ironic one.

Les, sometimes you are very profound. I mean that!!

To be fair I didn’t come up with that, but I do not remember where I heard it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join