It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Terror Threat In This Country Is MSM

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

In today's sensitive society, cursing someone out is called committing "violence" against them.

Likewise, verbally bashing your country and President like CNN and MSNBC does 24/7, is committing "terrorism" against the United States.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I took a U.S. news anchor's own words "the biggest terror threat to our country"
and replaced his opinion of what that is-- "white men"
with mine--" MSM."

www.usatoday.com...

Yes I was being a bit of a brat.

Ok thats fine so you would admit then that it would be wrong to call the press the "biggest" terror thread in the country.

Its actually interesting because I was looking at your previous posts in this thread looking to discuss the terrorist aspect of your claim further and actually the only time you mention terror is in relation to the title. The rest of the time you're actually just bashing what you perceive as being a bias media.

So whats this about is it just more of the usual lets bash the media that we all hate or is it about the terrorist thread posed by the media. If so what is the nature of that thread and how big is it if its not the biggest then what organisations are a threat because surly its not all of them. It was a bit of a daft title that raises more questions than anything else I think.

And yes what Don Lemon said was stupid but that does not give you the excuse to then also start coming out with stupid baseless accusations. Call him out by all means and I will support you, what he said was wrong and I would even go as far to say racist (although I would like to read what he said in full). That though doesn't really mean you can then just start emulating his behaviour with your own political slant to it.
edit on 6-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Propagandalf

In today's sensitive society, cursing someone out is called committing "violence" against them.

Likewise, verbally bashing your country and President like CNN and MSNBC does 24/7, is committing "terrorism" against the United States.

The best is when the media blames the division on “divisive rhetoric”, but neglect to say who sensationalized the rhetoric and served it all to their viewers.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

terror attacks are meant to destabablize and terrify the populace.

Maybe I do think the media is the biggest terror threat, based solely on its success thus far.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

terror attacks are meant to destabablize and terrify the populace.

Maybe I do think the media is the biggest terror threat, based solely on its success thus far.

But that is not supported by any kind of evidence.

If you look at terrorism in the United States most of it comes from Islamic and far-right groups.

Like I said if you hold the opinion that the media is the biggest terrorist thread then fair enough I am just trying to figure out why you believe that what evidence you have to support the claim or is it just a slur at the media??

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I think you're missing the Don lemon context.

No link but Google Don lemon terrorist white men.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Are you being disingenuous again? Tsk tsk...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: YouSir

Can we throw in some more adjustments to the 1st, 2nd and 4th? I mean if we are going to start, why not go all out.

Ummm...How is being honest with your 1st amendment rights adjusting it...pray tell...?

If a company claims to be the press and claims the mantle of...”news service”...then it becomes disservice to make crap up and present it as news...or spin a story around so many times it’s meaning and any facts that may have been gleaned are lost in their version of translation...

Keep that Shiite to the editorial and opinion sides of the damned paper...NOT...presented as fact and used as a tool to further befuddle the easily led masses...

If you seriously think that the marching orders of these disengenous at best corporations...isn’t to lead the narrative by selective opinion portrayed as fact....then your even more lost than I already think you are...

Have all the damned crap...talking head opinion rag shows you can stomach...just keep them distinct and separate from honest journalistic integrity...IF...that even exists anymore...

Keep the news and opinion...separate...by doing that...how the hell is that quashing any 1st amendment rights...?

Do you honestly believe a talented individual can’t manage both...and get their opinion across to any who chose to dangle from that...?

That’s why so many tune out...but that percentage is small...it’s damned tiring and nigh on impossible to have to parse out and research every damn thing on a daily basis...in order to attempt to glean the few kernels of fact...and truth...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A touch of hyperbole but in essence it is true. The media is now used (uses) itself to promote agenda, not report the news. It's been a long time since I actually read a newspaper, everything is media now.

I believe the media manipulates the public into thinking that whatever ethos is flavour of the day, is in fact the reality. At present it is Trump, but don't forget, not so long ago it was Bush's war machine that was promoted by CNN, gulf wars were fun, remote control, laser guided death for entertainment.

They won't change, only the people can change, if they want to.

A lot don't want to, and even worse, a lot don't want us to either. After all, as long as we gobble up the sh*t they provide, the agenda is free to control us.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

In the UK the MSM has become a spam factory for the "official line". There no longer exists any true journalism that I can see. The Guardian has become a mind numbing tabloid like all the rest, the latest casualty of "dumbing down the masses" tactics. They are so repetitive; constantly accusing Trump of being a racist white supremacist, finding any well known face willing to say that and splashing it on their front page. The latest is Robert De Niro right now being quoted for saying what the Guardian likes to be said,

www.theguardian.com...

Robert De Niro: ‘Trump is a real racist, a white supremacist'

I have seen him say exactly the same thing there before. They are just parroting and spamming us making it look like the latest news. I have seen more diversity of information in my spam mail folder.

I have given up on MSM totally. I go round the world looking for the news and then making up my own opinions. One thing I never do is just believe because it agrees with my prejudices. They are all a lot of crooks and the MSM is a totally corrupt monopoly of information pandering to the dictates of their paymasters. Yuck!

edit on 6-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Now we trust the government to tell us what is opinion and what is fact?

The time has come where people are to stupid to tell the difference, it seems.

The president can't even tell the truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

What's new? Reagan lied (contras), Clinton lied (Lewinsky and coc aine transport, or was that Bush before him?), and now Trump? Oh my!

Disclosure: I think (am not sure) that Trump was a better choice than Hillary. time will tell.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Disclosure: I think (am not sure) that Trump was a better choice than Hillary. time will tell.

I feel similarly. I strongly objected them both equally, I think, but for different reasons.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Opinion is thousands of starving immigrants are massing on the border to get into the US, fact is some people turned up, couldn't get in, went home again. Which flooded the "news"?

Manipulation is "Trump kills all the koi carp in Chinese president's pond, fact is Trump followed the lead of that particular leader...which was reported?

Fact is Kavanaugh had no reason to go through the hell he had to go through to become SC, no claims were verified, no charges brought, nothing, sh*t the media says though? Kavanaugh was in rape orgy threesome...

Shhhhhh.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

What happens when censorship starts and one side loses control to the other. Bring back freedom of speech again.

I can't believe people are against freedom of speech. Our country is going down the tubes.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You seem to be missing the point. Freedom of speech is not the same as the right to misinform deliberately where the press are concerned. Is it so hard to understand what we are all arguing about here?

ETA Does "babies being removed from incubators" ring a bell? That lie (delivered by the daughter of a Kuwaiti diplomat/official) led to the invasion of Iraq by the US.
edit on 6/1/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maybe the anti first people can trade it for removing the 2nd and collecting all the gun using illegal searches.

That sounds like a good compromise.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

You seem to be missing the point. Freedom of speech is not the same as the right to misinform deliberately where the press are concerned. Is it so hard to understand what we are all arguing about here?

If a person is just going to believe exactly what they hear, there is no answer.
edit on 1/6/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Ummm...nope...not even close to what I stated...maybe it’s not too much to ask that when an event occurs that only the facts known about the event are portrayed as news...and everything else is part of that other show...you know...the opinion network...where the armchair pundits get to play...

Maybe it should be a regulated business...I mean...if what’s happening is politically persuasive...then perhaps these corporations need to register as political parties...or the media arm thereof...

Stop hiding under the aegis of...”news reporting”...when in fact your business model is political in nature...and your intent is to steer narrative...not merely report on it...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I think you're missing the point, the title of the thread is a perfect example of sensationalism.

Yet here you are, nit picking.

Amazing how it works huh? Ooh I remember western news pushing "biggest threat to stability" or other sensationalist headlines that's designed to rile people up and/or push an agenda.

I think that's the poignant point here, I've had dealings with dodgy reporters. If they can fabricate and get away with it they will, after all most media is based on viewings so it stands to reason that they can often act like an attention harlot.

Ultimately many people believe what they hear and if the news (any news) makes an enemy of a person or group then that buddy is dangerous.

BTW you're assuming people's politics on a topic that is far far reaching, this is way bigger than just politics.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join