It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Terror Threat In This Country Is MSM

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Jonjonj

What happens when censorship starts and one side loses control to the other. Bring back freedom of speech again.

I can't believe people are against freedom of speech. Our country is going down the tubes.

There is no need for censorship, just honesty. Honesty in media, does it ring a bell? Why aren't you railing against the blatant manipulation of the media rather than creating an imaginary censorship issue? You know there will be no censorship, it is against the constitution. Wake the f*** up man.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: roadgravel

You seem to be missing the point. Freedom of speech is not the same as the right to misinform deliberately where the press are concerned. Is it so hard to understand what we are all arguing about here?

ETA Does "babies being removed from incubators" ring a bell? That lie (delivered by the daughter of a Kuwaiti diplomat/official) led to the Iraqi invasion by the US.

Well, yes, freedom of speech pertains to lies as much as it does to truth. This goes right back to Milton.

“And though all the windes of doctrin were let loose to play upon the earth, so Truth be in the field, we do injuriously by licencing and prohibiting to misdoubt her strength. Let her and Falshood grapple; who ever knew Truth put to the wors, in a free and open encounter.”

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

You're talking about tailored news, don't pay for it. Go with a broadsheet. There'll still be a slant but at least it won't be full of crap to fill pages.

Printed news is a dying form of information, they need to sell papers or diversify. Often tailoring to a crowd is how that's done.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

meh fair enough if they OP isn't literally saying that the MSM are a terrorist threat then that's fine.

I agree.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

If the press prints a story proved to contain libel or slander, they are forced legally (might need a court case first) to retract it.

Shame the devil and tell the truth!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Jonjonj

What happens when censorship starts and one side loses control to the other. Bring back freedom of speech again.

I can't believe people are against freedom of speech. Our country is going down the tubes.

Ummm...I certainly don’t want to censor what anyone wants to drone on about...not me...

I just want it separated into reporting on events...and on another show or network...making crap up about whatever the hell they want to...it can even be the same talking heads...I don’t care...

I also want accountability and ethics in journalism...

I also want networks to remove political brinkmanship from their news and relegate that to that other crap show as well...

See...no one was censored...they merely had to separate their opinion from fact and present the two in alternate forums...

That way I get to watch the news and factual reporting...and not have to wade through them attempting to steer my belief systems...

I can form my own opinions all by myself...thank you very much...I don’t need them prepackaged and regurgitated and spoon fed to me...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

If the press prints a story proved to contain libel or slander, they are forced legally (might need a court case first) to retract it.

That’s right. And what a shame that is. We injure Truth by denying her the opportunity to grapple with falsity.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Obviously they're not actual terrorists but the garbage they push out and the emotional strings they pull affect people.

Pfft, in the terrorist world the most dangerous people are not the one's who kill, it's the one's who people are willing to listen to and those people will never lift a gun or build a bomb... They certainly won't give their life for the propagandist, brainwashing agenda they push.

You're a Brit, you can't deny that there's been death and destruction that's been influenced by papers pushing a racist agenda... The Sun and Mosque attacks comes to mind.

You'd have to be willfully ignorant to say "news" doesn't have a detrimental effect on people.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It doesn't matter they both have the same goals

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
the media is more terrifying than this?

a compilation of all the things trump is an expert at.

thoughts trump supporters??

LINK

edit on 6-1-2019 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

So who decides who really reported correctly and how may close calls does a organization get before being banned?

I imagine which ever party likes it calls it OK reporting. If it's political it is going to be sided.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So a free press is the biggest terror threat.

Kind of ironic how some of you adopt the exact same views of the authoritarian dictatorships your profess to fear and hate so much.

She said the MSM corporate controlled press actually.

Then she talked about how a real free press is awesome.

I think you knowingly twist things in your posts to start fights. It's obvious.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

My case has been ongoing for 2 years and it only just began.

By the time I get them to retract the articles it won't matter cuz my reputation is already completely obliterated.

Our court system is a sham.
edit on 1/6/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

BINGO! Anti-American TERRORISTS. Nothing less. Must be dealt with as TERRORIST TRAITORS.

Remember when D's and the FAKE NEWS media [+FAKEWOOD] pushed mass fear that POTUS would start WWIII re: North Korea?

POTUS > PEACE on the Korean P > NO further missile tests or U enrichment.

New narrative created.
Refusal to provide coverage of successes.

Remember when D's and the FAKE NEWS media [+FAKEWOOD] pushed a stock market collapse if POTUS was elected?
POTUS E + policies > largest gains recorded in market's history.

New narrative created.

[Use FED to inc rates to counter growth and project POTUS blame]
Remember when D's and the FAKE NEWS media [+FAKEWOOD] pushed complete economic collapse if POTUS was elected?

POTUS E + policies > lowest unemployment records in history + record jobs/GDP growth.

New narrative created.

[Deploy and use 'racism' 'sexism' and every other ….'ism' to counter potential Black/Hispanic pop support]
Why do D's and the FAKE NEWS media [+FAKEWOOD] continually push the 'IMPEACH' narrative if impeachment requires 2/3rd SENATE VOTE TO ENACT (odds of that?)?

Do they push this FAKE NARRATIVE to project a supposed 'supportable w/ evidence' wrongdoing to their BASE (confirmation bias)?
Accusations never supported by facts?
Group-Think.

The list goes on and on…..
More at: qmap.pub... Infobyte #2658 dtd 1/6/2019.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

BINGO! Anti-American TERRORISTS. Nothing less. Must be dealt with as TERRORIST TRAITORS.

Sucks you hate the freedom of the press and the First Amendment that much.

That's a pretty unAmerican and undemocratic attitude there, cowboy, but I'm not surprised.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

That's a pretty unAmerican and undemocratic attitude there, cowboy, but I'm not surprised.

When international mega corporations own all of the MSM there is only the illusion of a free press.

A free press does not exist in the United States. They are all bought and co-opted.

The biggest lie going right now is that there is a free press. There is not.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Trump was right. They are indeed our enemy and they are controlled by the CIA.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

When international mega corporations own all of the MSM there is only the illusion of a free press.

You need to back that up with some facts! What are the mega corp. you are referring to.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Freedom of the press, is predicated on informing the public, in an unbiased manner, and not trying to interfere in elections by spreading lies (I'm looking in your direction CNN and MSNBC). When the bias and the lies attempt to influence our elections, that is treason. It's essentially spearheading a coup of our Government and should be dealt with in a criminal fashion.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Lets see

Misguiding the residents of the USA...check.

Causing civil unrest...check

Causing a division between American citizens at high levels...Check

Yes, some of the MSM should be charged with treason along with most of the irate politicians.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join