It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Sens. Cruz, Rooney introduce Constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: angeldoll

I support a move to the popular vote Angel. It's up there with term limits on my list.

Aw hell naw, mob rule will never have a place in America.

However, I do agree with term limits, kick out the old dogs.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This has a good chance of passing.

And I hope that it does.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
We should all pay attention and note who votes yes /no on this.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

This,

Also isnt it strange how most on both sides of the political spectrum want this and it hasnt been pushed or focused on by eitherside to the forefront of issues.

Im not a cruz fan and the realist in me is saying this is something his voters have pushed on him and he is appeasing them KNOWING IT WONT GO ANYWHERE.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

This,

Also isnt it strange how most on both sides of the political spectrum want this and it hasnt been pushed or focused on by eitherside to the forefront of issues.

Im not a cruz fan and the realist in me is saying this is something his voters have pushed on him and he is appeasing them KNOWING IT WONT GO ANYWHERE.

The thing about Ted Cruz that always stands out in my mind is the Cuban immigrant thing. That's just always in the back of my mind every time I hear about him doing anything.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Not sure i follow on that . What do you mean by the cuban immigrant thing?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   

You have the internet. You're smart. Look it up.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
If they would include doing away with the electoral college, and move to a 'popular vote', I would really be impressed.
One person, one vote. The way things are now my vote doesn't even count. Electoral college serves to confiscate my vote.

That is asinine.... Shall we change the rules of football too so that the team with the most yards wins the game, regardless of how many touchdowns were made.
You vote, for your state....... your state, in turn then gives its vote to the candidate...... the person who wins the most states wins the election.

Why would you advocate 3 states deciding elections for the other 47..... and even for a moment consider that some form of fairness...... Do you not see what the end result would be.....

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

One person
One vote.

May the best man win. (As he has in the past.)
May the best woman win. (As she has in the past.)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

You have the internet. You're smart. Look it up.

So your biggest issue with him is that he is a son of a cuban immigrant?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Zimnydran

One person
One vote.

May the best man win. (As he has in the past.)
May the best woman win. (As she has in the past.)

Thats not constitutional though. screw your feelings. This is a REPUBLIC not a democracy. democracies oppress their people alot. The Dmeocrats didnt have a problem with the past times the EC got their people elected did it? nothing changed since then.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Most definitely.

The likelihood of it passing is next to none, but I'll very interested in seeing who votes for it, or against it. Or abstains/votes present... Very interested.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is the bill if anyone wants to read it.
www.cruz.senate.gov...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

The electoral college is antiquated and obsolete. It steals my vote, and yours too.

ONE PERSON ONE VOTE

ABOLISH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE.

Only someone that's never lived under a first past the post system would advocate it. FPTP is garbage and archaic.

In my country the election is usually over before I even get to the polling station. There have been elections where I'm at home watching the numbers come in and didn't even bother going to the polling station because it was pretty much over thanks to the 2 most populous provinces.

The current PM didnt even visit my province and barely went to 3 others. Why? Because our votes weren't needed for him to win.

That's the idiocy you are advocating for.

You want a civil war in the USA? Go ahead, abolish the EC and watch as Candidates don't even go to half the States.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: pteridine

The electoral college is antiquated and obsolete. It steals my vote, and yours too.

ONE PERSON ONE VOTE

We just gave you the reasoning behind the electoral college. Your vote does count. If your response is the best you can do in having a logical discussion then I'd say you aren't informed enough to be voting anyway.

You gave me YOUR obsolete reasoning.

I'm not informed enough to vote anyway? Holy #, that's some scary stuff right there. Of course you would like that, huh?

Not to worry, since my vote doesn't count anyway.

ABOLISH THE ELECTORAL VOTE

I don't like derailing threads, but that mess was established in 1787. Wake up and smell 2019. Happy New Year.

Yeah its confirmed. You are an idiot.

The ONLY reason you want it is because it will ensure that the Dems never lose again.

I knew you were a closet fascist, thanks for proving me right Benito. You want a one party state because right now that will benefit you.

I love it when fascist/communist scum trip up and expose their true beliefs.

The only thing archaic and outdated here is the dingbat that wants to subject a nation of 320 million people to one party rule.

You may want the USA to be like China but unlike you most Americans aren't traitors.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Holy crap! S&F for SG? Hopefully everyone can get behind this

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yes. Thank you. Do this.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I would love to see this, but 3 four year terms would be better in my mind. The house I think might need to be a little more than 3 two year terms. Even if both where limited to 12 years that would work for me.

Anyone notice not a single Democrat likes this idea...lol why...

edit on 6-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

ONE PERSON ONE VOTE

I guess you do not understand that America is basically 50 different countries and the President is the only election where the States vote who will lead those 50 different countries. America is not like France that is one state... Every state has their own President called Governor, their own state legislature (congress), it has its own high courts, its own military so on and so on. So I don't think you have clue to what you are talking about.

It would be like a general election across EU voting on one President to lead all the countries.. and with the populations of Germany, France and Italy they could ensure the President would always be from one of those countries...So looking at the leadership structure of the EU I don't see much in the way of a general citizen vote across 28 countries, so why do you suggest America should be that way?

edit on 6-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ill answer for her...lol. because hillary didnt win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join