It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendelsham forest truth unveiled, Hoaxed by the SAS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

the notion of " pranking " an entire base for the actions of a few is so idiotic - only the daily fail would fall for it

Not necessarily as while looking one way at a distraction the story could run that meanwhile they were getting entirely penetrated from the rear end : and while looking after equipment like that . They might have needed a little wake up call in the night, who knows ?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It’s been my experience that protecting nuclear arsenals means shoot first, ask questions later. It’s widely know you don’t play pranks on guards guarding nukes. Everything to them is life and death, with no question they are allowed to used deadly force.

The opening post is made believable by the fairytale that is Hollywood. Not people understand the reality of guarding nuclear weapons.
edit on 31-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

It's lucky all those women at Greenham Common didn't get wiped out then , or ex Archbishop whathisface who climbed the fences too . Captured infiltrators would be worth interrogating , which is supposedly what happened . The americans would be aware of the possibility of red teams and there's also something called surrender and forewarning .
Although agreed you'd have to be crazy to approach such a site with malintent

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

What do you not get. When you guard nuclear weapons, there is no drill. You do your job.

Another example.

The Navy has simulators to run “drills” for controlling nuclear subs. Punishment for violating an SOP in the simulator has the same weight and consequences as if the SOP was violated on an active nuclear sub.

There is no “drill” when it comes to nuclear power and nuclear weapons. You hadle everything by SOP as if it was real.

Again, those guarding nuclear weapons are never in”walk through mode”. Guards actively protecting nuclear weapons are always on a “live fire exercise”.
edit on 31-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 31-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Added fire

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Got to agree with Gortex this is the most believable and plausible explanation but it does not explain the apparent implanted information and binary code one of the supposed witness has had and which apparently point's to the location of the legendary island of Hi Brasil off or Ireland's West coast.
But of course Hi Brasil is probably a code word used in some operation or other by those SAS lad's so?.
Then again those SAS lad's are ingenious and not only chosen for there toughness and ability but also for there intelligence so just maybe it was, did the SAS use any psychoactive substances in this affair if that is the case (and did they nick and SBS dinghy to rig it up to look like a UFO or something ha).
Still I can't help but feel this does not actually answer it and the idea of a group of SAS soldiers being captured by the US also does not cut it for me, a parachute drop when they could have gotten in any number of other way's also seem's too clumsy for those lads even if most of them are drawn from the rank's of the para's.
I do know a story though that back when the yank's first flew there stealth fighters over the UK they were shocked when the RAF informed they they already knew and gave them the detail's, turn's out our Radar of the time was perfectly capable of tracking those fighters.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don’t know if this is true or not but it is very believable if for no other reason than it does provide a explanation of what happened with out little green men but also because it seems like a very British thing to do.

I mean if it is true then can we all agree that this would go down in history as one of the best pranks of all time??

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This gave me a laugh.
Growing up in Hereford and knowing the people I do, I totally believe it too.

Those lads can be proper nutters when they want.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This AGAIN?

It was already included in mirageman's main Rendlesham thread and more or less dismissed as yet another unlikely theory to be thrown onto the already sky-high heap of wild theories.

The so-called "Frank" character is as much a chancer as the ex USAF military policeman at Woodbridge, Kevin Conde, who said he'd been playing silly buggers with police vehicle lights to fool the base. But at least Conde said he couldn't be sure of the dates.

edit on 31-12-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
This gave me a laugh.
Growing up in Hereford and knowing the people I do, I totally believe it too.

Those lads can be proper nutters when they want.

Having dated one many moons ago.....I concur....

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I wasn't going to bother posting here because I've got important drinking to do! A nice bottle of Grant's Scotch Whisky on this Happy Hogmanay. Although Grant probably won't be happy with me.

Anyway, even the original author of this SAS story, Dr. David Clarke is rather, doubtful.

But the same old things come up in this case and no one ever seems to really take notice.

So firstly instead of quoting from trashy tabloids (or even the ultra-conservative Telegraph) it's probably best to use the original story Who Dares Wins?: Britain’s Roswell meets the SAS.

The Rendlesham incident also occurred over three consecutive nights 25th,26th and 27th into the 28th Dec. 1980.

It says

In August the SAS mounted a covert night exercise to penetrate the Bentwaters SSA. Troopers parachuted into the forest from a C130 that had ‘strayed’ into the area from a training zone. But the plan was rumbled when their black parachutes were detected by the new base surveillance equipment.

Then continues

During the autumn nights were spent reconnoitring the perimeter of the twin base complex where it met the Forestry Commission plantation known as Tangham Forest (Rendlesham).

As December approached lights and coloured flares were rigged in the forest. Black helium balloons coupled to remote-controlled kites carried suspended materials into the sky, activated by radio-controls.

So a few things.
- Would the SAS spend a whole autumn planning this and visiting Rendlesham Forest?
- Would their kites and balloons not be picked up on base surveillance equipment?
- Would they risk 3 nights over Christmas holidays out in the forest for a prank? Especially when the US security officers were armed. I am guessing this would all have to be done off duty too. The likelihood of getting one over on a couple of officers (who may have complete their tour of duty by then) when the base stationed thousands of US personnel seems like a very bad idea.
- Finally why did the new equipment at the twin bases not detect any activity when it could pick up black parachutes back in August?

So for me the SAS story is just that. Another story to go with the crazy prank using military police car lights, the burning manure truck and even the captured dummy Apollo capsule being dumped in the woods.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
As to other things that have come up over the years that people believe but are not necessarily proof of anything:

1. The radiation readings that were taken resulted in nothing beyond background radiation. Although people like Nick Pope argue that they peak in the area of the trees where a craft was supposed to have been seen. What does it prove?

2. The marks in the ground supposedly left by a craft were actually photographed on Boxing Day morning 1980 by an officer on the base.

But the plaster casts made by Penniston (allegedly just afterwards) look almost as large as Colonel Halt's head.

3. The lighthouse could be seen in the forest. A guard was placed over it to prevent light flooding into the town of Orford not the forest. I don't consider it alone to be the source of the incident. But it certainly added to the confusion. It would have been in the line of sight of Colonel Halt as he approached the farmhouse on the night of the 27th/28th Dec 1980.

4. Jim Penniston has no witnesses to him touching a craft. Until 1994 he claimed never got close to anything. See this link for a breakdown of the witness statements.

5. Penniston's binary code uses co-ordinates that were specifically used by Google just before his announcement about them in 2010. The company that supplied them was not around in 1980 and if it was time travellers sending them back to him as he claims then whey select co-ordinates used 28-30 years later on Google? But not after 2010?

See this link that explains why the binary code is almost certainly the work of a human being in 2008-2009 using Google. The reason comes down to the precision of those co-ordinates and how each map maker can be traced from it.

6. John Burroughs did win a VA case for a shredded heart valve. He cited the MoD's Condign Report to win his case.

The case is far too complex to cover in any detail and I don't know what happened. All I know is that certain things that aren't true seem to become fact because people only skim the surface of these stories and accept witness testimony as fact. When in fact in this case the witnesses even contradict each other, squabble and fight and there appears to be a lot of obfuscation.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

edit on 31/12/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
How can any of this make sense?

They weren't able to smuggle themselves in without being caught, but they were able to rig up a full party trick of UFO's with no one knowing?

I don't buy it.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Airman First Class John Burroughs was involved in an incident in Rendlesham Forest in December 1980 which has become known as "Britain's Roswell". He was exposed to huge doses of radiation whilst investigating a mysterious craft and claimed this left him in need of "lifesaving" heart surgery.

After decades of being "stonewalled", he has finally persuaded the US Veteran's Association (VA) to pay for his treatment.

Whatever took place, it wasn't just a prank.
edit on 31-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Assemble

If you want to know what happened to Burroughs then read this post from the guy in Military and Intelligence Medicine who secured his treatment.

And that will just have you asking more questions........

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's funny, I read the headlines and skimmed a paragraph but it's just more hearsay reported by an anonymous source vs many named witnesses ... why believe him? Just because it's a much more "believable" version than an unknown high tech craft doing weird things to minds?

Next they'll say the 70 years of UFO sightings were done by a disgruntled Hollywood effects guy... maybe the same guy who did the Patterson bigfoot film?

Think I'll go back to believing nothing and watching the play from the cheap seats.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

How did they hoax the binary code implanted in the guys mind?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
AFOSI budgets millions per year on just this kind of nonsense, and they have been doing it since they began.

"Hoaxed by SAS" is the funniest thing I have read in all of 2018. They saved the best BS for the end of year

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I have a family member who was in the SAS around that time. I'll ask. He'll probably tell me to # off mind you.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
It’s been my experience that protecting nuclear arsenals means shoot first, ask questions later. It’s widely know you don’t play pranks on guards guarding nukes. Everything to them is life and death, with no question they are allowed to used deadly force.

The opening post is made believable by the fairytale that is Hollywood. Not people understand the reality of guarding nuclear weapons.

No you don't shoot first ask questions later. I see your experience comes from video games. All this was done to draw the guards into the forest and leave the base. The wooded area they went in to was not part of the base but trails that went through the woods. If you were trying to spoof the guards it was the perfect spot. You could have had all day to set up your light show and after the guards got permission to leave the base which you could monitor on coms you could lead them in any number of directions. I always suspected someone wanted to lure the guards off a post but I assumed there was something else that was done and this was a huge smokescreen.

So the idea that some RAF guys got together while on leave to prank the Americans sound completely plausible. When I was in Korea and we had joint operations with Rok soldiers we would often prank them including setting up some loudspeakers in the woods to make ghostly sounds. The KATUSAs were funny to work with very superstitious and a bit naive making them all the more fun to prank. One night we had them convinced the South Koreans had dropped troops into the nearby woods and we needed scouts to find their positions. Took them about 5 hours of searching before they returned to camp to find out we never left. They did try to prank us back on occasions like the time they claimed they had found a tunnel story for another day.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

err no - just NO

guards do not get " drawn away "

they hold thier station - and send someone else to investigate any external incident

thats the reaction force .

ang getting them " off the establisment " only means that they will have a longer response time - IF contact is made

no area will be " un-guarded " - all sentries // stag - will remain in thier designated area - and be on heightened alert

so - an " external prank " - actualy makes it harder to infiltrate - its only benefit is a reduced number of people who can shoot you immediatly if contact is made

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: ManyMasks

How did they hoax the binary code implanted in the guys mind?

The simple answer is that someone made up the binary code story between 2008 and 2010 for whatever motives they have. It's yet another part of the Rendle-scam.

In his original witness statement after the incident (below) he states he never got closer than 50m to any object.

The long explanation about it is at this link here.

Another explanation is here

edit on 1/1/2019 by mirageman because: links

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join