It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendelsham forest truth unveiled, Hoaxed by the SAS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Why tell us now after all this time...……… why now!

"The truth about the Rendlesham Forest incident in Suffolk has been kept under wraps for 38 years. But now it is claimed the US air force was fooled by the SAS in revenge for capturing a squad and subjecting them to a brutal interrogation.
The SAS were said to have regularly tested US security by probing the perimeters of RAF Woodbridge in Suffolk. Nuclear warheads were said to be stored there and it was believed to be a key target for Soviet agents. But when an SAS troop parachuted into the complex one night in August 1980 they were unaware the guards had upgraded their radar system."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

what next, the roswell truth, that we aint been to no moon or even travelled outside our own big bubble.
or what about space travel is possible by the rightly conditioned mind from the comfort of their own favourite seat.

edit on 31-12-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Non paywalled link ...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Seen many explanations for what happened at Rendlesham Forest but this , for me , is the least believable.
Must say I'm surprised it's Dr David Clarke who is airing the claim.

Dr Clarke said he was first contacted three years ago by ‘Frank’ who claimed to be a SAS insider. He had seen Dr Clarke talking about Rendlesham on a TV documentary and felt ‘it was about time that the truth was revealed about the incident’.

Dr Clarke, of the Centre for Contemporary Legend at Sheffield Hallam University, said: ‘I investigated his incredible story by talking to trusted and open sources in the British military, including some high profile former SAS troopers. ‘What happened in the forest, according to Frank, would be bread and butter for special operation soldiers trained to deceive and misinform whilst remaining invisible.’
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Pure nonsense IMHO.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Fake News you say...!

Remember when the War on Terror was implanted in to our psyche.

...who else is wondering why " FAKE NEWS" this time

it is to get the masses ready to scream fake news when an unbelievable truth is revealed?

we being played like little rats in a maze.

and all because we are suggestible animals.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Well, this sounds more plausible than aliens travelling light years to land in the most secure base in Europe. To be honest the whole alien angle was kind of stupid and i always assumed it was simply a smokescreen for something else. I had not considered someone trying to seek revenge but its plausible.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This one comment seems to make more sense than the actual story itself:

This is a blatant, tabloid-level misreporting of the story. Dr David Clarke himself on his blog states that he checked it with a former SAS man, Robin Horsfall, who says (a) the letter doesn't read like it was written by an SAS member, (b) the SAS would not have played a prank like this on the US forces as the latter were armed, and there were strict rules about the use of pyrotechnics etc. (c) if it had occurred he would have heard about it from SAS members at the time. Clarke also says the US base commander at the time Col Ted Conrad says (a) it's unthinkable that UK forces would conduct a prank on a top importance nuclear base with armed personnel, (b) similarly unthinkable that US forces would capture & beat up British people, particularly those claiming to be SAS members, on UK soil, (c) they would not have referred to British people as 'aliens'.

BINGO

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

If you believe this story, then I think you're the little rat in a maze.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

if Aliens exist they are travelling at flicks of a finger in an extra dimensional way
they things in the sky that people see that either look like disks,breasts or cigars/penis
are archetypal images projected by our own conscious and we are all connected

....we been WIFI ready our whole lives, we just not told how to how to switch it on.

i have a new theory as to why but i will save that for another day.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

i dont believe any of it buddy, as far as am concerned we live in a web of lies.

anythings possible, im looking for the golden thread of truth, if there even is one.

sure is fun searching though!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Haha
Capel Greens upcoming release has some secret keepers awfully worried...
Watch for it if you want to see something truly special, a recreation of those nights that will be unlike anything we have seen before...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

and here we have a reason for the discrediting of it, thank you.

maybe this upcoming release has substance.

see how we can dissect the media and find other possible explanations
the question of the OP was centered on the reason for the release of this information.

there's always a reason

could even be to get the story more coverage for upcoming release
advertising

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

In order to unseat one of the holy of holy's UFO cases, you need an order of magnitude more than that. There are just too many details in that case. IMO.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

i will be honest the story has never ignited a spark in me to make me remember much after reading about it.
i do know that if a witness is under duress and is faced with the unexplainable they will rationalize and it
what they see is paranormal so the brain searches for paranormal explanations.... aliens have been in since
the 40s.
so it makes sense that everyone can share the same illusion, delusion, or gift for a period of time.

i prefer to call it a gift, we just ignorant of it.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Fake News you say...!

No , I didn't say it was fake news just another unsupported theory as to what happened that night , as a guy known only as ‘Frank’ is the source for the claim it holds no more water than the theory it was ET checking out the base.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I was just suggesting.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Read the DM article he's done three years of research about Rendlesham and with you're not going to know the sources or get any official meaningful response . He's selling a product , they're selling a product
And the story is plausible enough : means motive opportunity are all there in abundance .

On the motive , if a red team gets caught by a blue team it doesn't mean the blue team have to do the whole interrogation thing American style which you can imagine they might have - that's not the point - they're on the same side . Again while they're penetration testing a prank like that is within the remits , and it was at the gates of Rendlesham, but one that made them look a bit silly , in public , and between friends
None of this discounts that alien visitations are possible

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

More disinformation to deny the incident. Just like claiming the beam of light from a nearby light house was what these men saw. How do you explain away Jim Pennistons actual account of physically touching the craft? The impressions left on the ground? The high radiation readings? The Multiple eye-witnesses to this incident?

Multiple eye-witness accounts regarding incidents like these are extremely difficult to explain away. The chances that not one of these military personnel would break their silence over the years and claim it was a hoax is really hard to believe. The human psyche is not easy to ignore when an emotional and an incredible event like this happens. Humans all have a breaking point even military personnel, pilots and police officers.

How many government stories were made up just over the Roswell Incident? How many death bed confessions and multiple eyewitnesses have claimed the incident was true? That alone should call into question whenever governments want to claim an incident or sightings like this never happened.

There are too many credible witnesses who put their reputations on the line to make-up stories like this. People have breaking points on how long they can keep an incredible event secret. There are just too many similarities with these kind of incidents to brush them under the rug. Ridiculing eye-witnesses and explaining away these incidents as non-paranormal experiences has been the government's playbook since Project Blue Book. J. Allen Hynek who was the scientific adviser of Project Blue Book, was directed by our government to disclaim incidents like these. After years of researching incidents, he realized he could no longer justify the cover-up.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
what utter bollox

while SOME elements of the tail are absolutly true

yes - the SAS and others regularly do security test exercises

and yes when caught [ or trying to escape ] - the line of civilised behaviour is often crossed [ by both sides ]

BUT

when revenge is sought - for sleights real or imagined - it is delivered with laser prescision

IF a USAF service man had aggrieved the SAS - then he - anf he ALONE would recieve the full furry of thier wrath - at " some un-expected point "

just him - not his wife , his dog , his bunk mate or the guy who sits next to him at mess

just him

the notion of " pranking " an entire base for the actions of a few is so idiotic - only the daily fail would fall for it

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Read the DM article he's done three years of research about Rendlesham and with you're not going to know the sources or get any official meaningful response .

I did read the article which is why I posted it , he asked some people familiar with SAS practices if what his source claimed was possible , any more than that is pure theory based on claims.

Not sure he is selling a product , he's just being Dr David Clarke ... well known debunker.
The explanation seems to me like something Philip Klass would come up with , high on supposition but low on evidence to back that supposition.

I'll stick with the lighthouse theory , seems the most plausible to me.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I have posted on ATS on several occasions what i and 3 others witnessed the night before the first Rendlesham incident.

Based on what we saw i can say with all honesty that this SAS hoax story is utter bollocks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join