It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Door in Great Sphinx leading to the Hall of Records (Cover up!)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

originally posted by: Harte

a reply to: Hanslune

Interesting post, I'm not quite sure what the main point was, but surely you don't think that modern people have the same capabilities as those who built the pyramids?

(We don't.)

Please elucidate for us exactly why you believe this.

Harte

Well the sacred geometry and hidden references to pi and solar system lol. But you said u don’t believe any of that.

I showed you exactly why. But you can't show me why you still believe this "pi" nonsense?

originally posted by: peacefulpeteIncluding lifting giant stones hundreds of feet that we can’t do with our modern machinery.

No stone was ever lifted in antiquity that can't be easily lifted using modern equipment - mobile cranes. I suggest you look at the capacities of modern cranes.

originally posted by: peacefulpeteBut like I said if u disbelieve all of these very common acknowledged ideas, then I’m surprised and I’m not going to argue each point with u..,

What you state isn't common knowledge. It's not even knowledge.
It's a bunch of made-up crap from fringe book peddlers.

Harte

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

youre trying to reason with someone who insists that Oliver the chimpanzee has H. Sapiens genetics. You’re not going to make much headway using science or logic to support your position. It’s an uphill battle all the way.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: anti72

well thats a quite extraordinairy claim. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Why dont you go and understand the maths of the Pyramids of Osiris and when you are informed come back again and we can talk. For when you understand that you will be able to see that they are all built by the same hand. The story you are given is simply a farce. Give me some evidence that they are burial chambers. Pharaohs where buried underground thats a fact. Explain to me the links with astro archaeology. Explain why theres common numbers encoded within these buildings that are encoded across all the sacred books worldwide.

See the language of mathematics does not lie. I prefer that to the scant information gleaned by those that translate the hieroglyphs of which they can only read a small percent.

I dont think you are entitled to an opinion on this subject. In order to have a debate with someone that person needs to have a concept of both sides of the issue. Here I surmise you lack.

Prove me wrong.?

you can believe what you want of course. But this still is not scientific. Quite the opposite.
again only stuff.. stuff that others make money with Däniken, Sitchin, Hancock, Foerster, Icke..

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Ah yes the endless repetition of personal incredulity - how many times did we do this 200 times or is more like 250?

The refusal to understand the importance of passed on skill.

Example if you went back to ancient Egypt say 2,500 BC and handed the Pharaoh an American football and told him to form a team and obtain a quarterback- could they then defeat a present day American NFL team? Nope they would be slaughtered. Even before they played some the Egyptians would state with authority that no one could throw a ball - 60 yards - with accuracy because no one could within own people.

They probably couldn't even find a good quarterback - why? No skills, no expert to teach them, no written instructions and a lack of expertise - a master can tell when a novice has latent abilities and can direct his study and development. Now if they practiced after many years perhaps generations they might be able to create a good quarterback who could throw a football 60 yards with pin point accuracy like lots of Americans can. Immediately - never.

How do the Americans do it? They start playing FB very early and have experts to teach them. The fact that present day people think that someone with zero skills with working stone can do so in the same way an expert AE could who was probably the son of a son of a son of a son of stone worker is amusing to say the least disingenuous at best.

When archaeologist started to re-learn how to make stone tools in the early 20th century it took about two generations to gain a skill level equal to ancient men and they had a few living experts to teach them (Like Ishi), modern Egyptologist have no such resource from the AE to help them.

Have fun but it is a hopeless task when people don't understand this. However Harte, I know yah love fruitless never ending arguments!

very interesting comparison

and we also don't understand that involvement of religion in everyday life anymore. A big factor then.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

youre trying to reason with someone who insists that Oliver the chimpanzee has H. Sapiens genetics. You’re not going to make much headway using science or logic to support your position. It’s an uphill battle all the way.

I was hoping you’d return to Oliver’s thread and explain how you were comparing shared DNA versus ancestry branching off in the distant past.

Because basically I was saying that our species share 98% same DNA and you said that it was less important than the history of ancestry branching off...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Harte I don’t think you showed me exactly why of anything. You just said you don’t believe any of the notions of sacred geometry or hidden numbers in the pyramids.

So what could I prove to you? These are very common ideas that I didn’t even think were debatable.

Same for the idea that we can’t lift gigantic monolithic stones with our modern cranes. This is pretty well-known and established, and you don’t believe it, well so what lol. You’re not giving reasons and you’re asking me to prove stuff that is certainly well-known.

It’s also obvious that modern man is not building pyramids or building anything made of giant stones.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Harte I don’t think you showed me exactly why of anything. You just said you don’t believe any of the notions of sacred geometry or hidden numbers in the pyramids.

I linked you to TWO different explanations of what I was talking about. Did you click on them?
The seked for the Great Pyramid is maneuvered into 22/7 under the manipulation required by the fringe. Go ahead and calculate 22/7, then use the fringe recipe for the supposed pi value. You'll find that I'm right.
BTW, the slightly different seked for Khafre's pyramid next door, when manipulated the way the fringe says, becomes exactly 3.

originally posted by: peacefulpeteSo what could I prove to you? These are very common ideas that I didn’t even think were debatable.

They aren't very debatable at all, being untrue.

originally posted by: peacefulpeteSame for the idea that we can’t lift gigantic monolithic stones with our modern cranes. This is pretty well-known and established, and you don’t believe it, well so what lol. You’re not giving reasons and you’re asking me to prove stuff that is certainly well-known.
So well known that you won't go see for yourself?

How large do you think the stones were that the ancients lifted? The trilithon stones at Baalbek were never lifted. The biggest in the GP is 80 tons. The first crane in this article (note also it's a mobile crane) can lift 15 times that, and straight up off the ground into the air, which never happened to that piece in the GP.
It's fairly certain that no truly large stone was ever lifted off the ground in the ancient past. Just dragged up inclines.

originally posted by: peacefulpeteIt’s also obvious that modern man is not building pyramids or building anything made of giant stones.
Yes. We have found cheaper and better ways.

Harte

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I just looked back and yeah, you embedded two links, which I hadn't clicked on, because they seem to be just links arguing why the Great Pyramid doesn't have sacred geometry / it's arguing how exactly they measured things.

I really haven't devoted myself to studying the pyramids in depth, so I can't argue about how exactly they measured things.

My relation to the topic is just that I love the topic, and I find it very mysterious, and honestly I don't think anyone knows how the pyramids were built, or for what purpose.

And the bulk of media that I've seen, my whole life, has always been referring to the Pyramid's sacred geometry, hidden references to pi and the solar system, etc.

But I just haven't studied it in-depth enough to argue the specifics with you.

Plus all you've linked is nit-picking the ancient people's measurement system, so it's hardly a conclusive case AGAINST every special feature that has long been attributed to the Great Pyramid.

And I suspect that the math might get screwed up by the lack of cover-stones over the pyramids anyway. They weren't build how we see them, they were built with polished flat stone covering them, and that alone could throw off people's exact calculations.

I suspect that almost nobody understands their build, their function, etc.

Calling them funerary temples seems like a lame excuse for their existence, it's the go-to explanation for ancient sites that we don't understand. Religion is always an excuse for any superstructures. But it's also a lame excuse lol.

One question I did ask you, is the lack of tombs found in the pyramids. There have been tombs found AROUND the pyramids, but not inside. The Great Pyramid is famous for its "tomb" being the empty stone box, which is obviously not really a tomb.

So what's up with the lack of tombs found in the pyramids, if they were supposed to be funerary sites?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

So where are all those Pharaoh's buried then? Only one Pharaoh out of 300 as found untouched, and two looted but substantially okay one of those was Tut. So 1%. And those three were not under pyramids but buried under rubble or inside a city's main temple.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If you'll read what I linked, you'll find that the way they measured angles resulted in the fringe's (meaningless, I might add,) manipulation arriving at a number near pi - 22/7.

Not a hint of nit-picking at all. Simply showing that the seked chosen for the GP's side angle can be used to arrive at the number 22/7, and the way you do that is exactly the way the fringe manipulate those numbers.

That aside, please indicate to us how sacred geometry, which was unknown to anyone until over two thousand years later, and even to this day is not any recognized form of Geometry, just a series of personal beliefs about certain arrangements of circles (among other things,) was involved in ANY Ancient Egyptian pyramid's design.

Harte

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If you'll read what I linked, you'll find that the way they measured angles resulted in the fringe's (meaningless, I might add,) manipulation arriving at a number near pi - 22/7.

Not a hint of nit-picking at all. Simply showing that the seked chosen for the GP's side angle can be used to arrive at the number 22/7, and the way you do that is exactly the way the fringe manipulate those numbers.

That aside, please indicate to us how sacred geometry, which was unknown to anyone until over two thousand years later, and even to this day is not any recognized form of Geometry, just a series of personal beliefs about certain arrangements of circles (among other things,) was involved in ANY Ancient Egyptian pyramid's design.

Harte

Well I'm not going to argue the specific details with u, I just haven't studied it in-depth. It's a longtime favorite topic of mine but I haven't combed through the details enough to argue it.

But the common ideas of sacred geometry, which I know is not a real subset of geometry, include the GP sitting in the center of the Earth's landmass... the references to pi, and the solar system... the 3 pyramids apparently matching the 3 stars of Orion's belt...

and so on. I can't really argue these details, and you've already said you don't believe any of it.

The one question I wonder, for you, is that if the pyramids are funerary sites, then how come they don't contain tombs?

AFAIK all tombs & mummies have been found in surrounding structures, but not inside the pyramids, right?

Is the idea that the pyramids were just empty markers for the gravesites around them?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What’s also missing is the ‘Funerary Texts’. Not a single one of them. And this was supposedly of utmost importance for the Pharaoh’s after-life journey.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

What’s also missing is the ‘Funerary Texts’. Not a single one of them. And this was supposedly of utmost importance for the Pharaoh’s after-life journey.

No funerary texts were probably placed in the mortuary temples outside the pyramids until Pharaoh Unas decided he wanted them closer to him (for whatever reason). During the early pyramid period the traditions and customs were changing rapidly from fairly plain mastaba they went to step pyramids then kinda pyramids then true pyramids, then they shrank in size and changed what was inside them.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to believe the great hall of records are located under the Sphinx i simply don't believe the Egyptians would put it there.

To me it makes no sense. The hall of records would obviously be important. Why would the Egyptians put it in an easily raided location away from any direct security or support. Plus indespensable important peoples such as high priests, pharoahs and scholars would need access to it maybe regularly without compromising their safety or security. Sure you could have a army guarding the sphinx but could egypt really afford a constant garrison there for just that purpose. It would make more sense to keep something like a great hall of records closer to the pharoahs enclaves.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hey hanslune school me on this because you know a lot more about this sorta stuff than i do. What do you think of my theory that the sphinx wouldn't be a great place for a hall of records since you'd want that hall located in a secure location.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The one question I wonder, for you, is that if the pyramids are funerary sites, then how come they don't contain tombs?

AFAIK all tombs & mummies have been found in surrounding structures, but not inside the pyramids, right?

Is the idea that the pyramids were just empty markers for the gravesites around them?

Well remains were found

pyramidengeheimnisse.de...

Only three Pharaoh's tombs out of around 300 were not completely destroyed, two were looted Tut and Shoshenq II (whose tomb and been moved in with the next guy) and one survived intact that of Psusennes I.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Hey hanslune school me on this because you know a lot more about this sorta stuff than i do. What do you think of my theory that the sphinx wouldn't be a great place for a hall of records since you'd want that hall located in a secure location.

Since I don't believe anything Cayce said yeah it sucked as a place to put an imaginary hall of records from an imaginary civilization. Underneath the Sphinx is waterlogged limestone - you don't store stuff in limestone because water dissolves it.

Hope that help!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Harte

Well I'm not going to argue the specific details with u, I just haven't studied it in-depth. It's a longtime favorite topic of mine but I haven't combed through the details enough to argue it.

But the common ideas of sacred geometry, which I know is not a real subset of geometry, include the GP sitting in the center of the Earth's landmass... the references to pi, and the solar system... the 3 pyramids apparently matching the 3 stars of Orion's belt...

and so on. I can't really argue these details, and you've already said you don't believe any of it.

There is the sarcophagus and the funerary temple. Both associated with tombs since well before Khufu and for millennia after.

Tombs were robbed by the Egyptians themselves. Sometimes by the priests. Also, there is evidence that the Greeks and Romans knew of an entrance that worked through a hinged stone. Not to mention the demonstrable fact that the Arabs tunneled in and left the thing wide open for literally centuries.

It has been discovered that the mummies of pharaohs and their families were removed from tombs and re-interred elsewhere just to stop the grave robbing. I don't think this happened to Khufu though. I think his tomb was robbed a few decades after he took up residency in it.

Mummies would be removed by robbers to facilitate getting the treasures off their bodies.

Harte

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Well OK it's a logical explanation, at least. The absence of actual tombs can be blamed on thousands of yrs of grave-robbing.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

A thousand years is a long time.

Thousands is way longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join