It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Door in Great Sphinx leading to the Hall of Records (Cover up!)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I mean it's only fair we ask for these examples to prove your theory, you are always asking for "hard evidence" to prove alternative theories right? Why do you get to be lazy?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Where has anyone said it was easy? There is video out there of the cut in the link I gave being made. It's not gonna be under BBC Horizons or PBS Nova though because of copyrighting. I've seen it in another documentary. Obviously they must have licensed it.

I have seen some of this stuff. But how did they use tools with such accuracy as 1/100th of an inch. I have never seen this replicated.

Happy day Harte

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
1/100th of an inch is extremely sloppy for grinding, which is how they smoothed the faces of granite (after pounding and pecking.)
However, no evidence of this level of grinding has been presented in this thread.
I'm aware of Chris Dunn's claims, but I've never seen anything he's presented that would support that claim - probably because I know how to use a flatness gauge.

Harte

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
1/100th of an inch is extremely sloppy for grinding, which is how they smoothed the faces of granite (after pounding and pecking.)
However, no evidence of this level of grinding has been presented in this thread.
I'm aware of Chris Dunn's claims, but I've never seen anything he's presented that would support that claim - probably because I know how to use a flatness gauge.

Harte

We both know it exists shall i present the evidence. Its one thing to lump bits of granite shape its another thing having the correct tools to finish them so finely.

I am sure most people know how to use a flatness gauge no big deal. Can you provide me with the methods they did this with in the past. If you are confident I would think you could provide some evidence apart from stories.

Happy days

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Still no luck? Or are you just ignoring my request now in the hope that i just go away and we will forget about you failing to back up your theory?

You seem to have an answer to everyone else's theories but not your own... I think you should spend less time debunking others and more time brushing up on your own theory.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xabi87
Still no luck? Or are you just ignoring my request now in the hope that i just go away and we will forget about you failing to back up your theory?

You seem to have an answer to everyone else's theories but not your own... I think you should spend less time debunking others and more time brushing up on your own theory.

I told you that nobody has done this in modern times.
Most people realize that if you can do something partially, then you can do it completely.

Also, we know what the AE's told us in their artwork, which is sawing, pounding, pecking and smoothing.
However, they're dead so you can't ask them to do it either.

Didn't you say that cutting the granite with copper is impossible?
Good enough for me.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I did not say it was impossible at all, i said it was impossible to recreate what they did with copper tools. Recreate, as in from start to finish. What you have showed me is just single cuts and a bit of scraping and it doesn't prove anything.

It's amazing how lazy your arguments become when it's your turn to defend a theory...

"Most people realize that if you can do something partially, then you can do it completely." Nah not at all, i think most people realize when someone starts something but doesn't finish it they are lazy and full of crap, especially when that something is an experiment that supposedly proves a theory. I very much doubt you would accept such lazy experiments as "hard proof" for other alternative theories would you?

I want hard evidence, a finished example would be hard evidence.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

So by your logic because no one built a pyramid we can say it cant be done? People forget craftman would train their entire lives to work with stone or wood. You expect others to repeat what would have taken years of training to accomplish..

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I don’t know about years of training but it would certainly take years to make anything from hard stone with the methods we are supposed to believe they used.

Granite while very hard is also very prone to fracture, so roughing it into shape with pounding stones won’t work and would be a a complete waste of material. Yes I’m aware of the round diorite stones that were found at Aswan. Doesn’t prove anything, that could be a later attempt to extract the stone by people who didn’t know what they were doing.

No the only method to work hard stone available would have been the grinding method and without machinery that’s like trying cut and shape stone with sand paper.
So there must have been some other as yet unknown method.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I haven't asked anyone to create the pyramids, they are mostly made with limestone blocks. I just want someone to finish something like what they started in the video Harte posted so we can compare with the ancient works of art.

I'm really not asking for much, so stop pretending i am.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You have not explained to me how these are formed. You said they where caused by tubular drilling. Evidently this is not the case.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

No the only method to work hard stone available would have been the grinding method and without machinery that’s like trying cut and shape stone with sand paper. So there must have been some other as yet unknown method.

It becomes evident when looking at the size, hardness and accuracy of some of these works that the Egyptologists are simply making stuff up. The truth is being kept hidden from us. That becomes evident when you start looking for yourself.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Diffrent design different building method. Mayans built a mound than covered the outside with stone

Actually that is not the case. The great pyramid is built on a mound. So maybe you will want to reassess your belief system or will you simply gloss over the inconsistency on your part.

edit on 6-2-2019 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The evidence for the Egyptians using copper and stones to work granite is very weak, but it's all the evidence we have so far... most people get that but there is also a little evidence that they might have used different methods too, methods that we have yet to discover.

I don't get why people like Harte dispute that, perhaps they got too set in their debunking ways during the ancient alien fad that it's hard to go back to being a real skeptic.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I wouldn't say it's being hidden, it's just being ignored for some reason. Probably because most people don't like being wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I wouldn't say it's being hidden, it's just being ignored for some reason. Probably because most people don't like being wrong.

I think it is delibratly hidden. As it has already been put. He who controls the past. Controls the future. There seems to me that there’s a lot of evidence out there from megalithics to astotheology that put a whole different meaning on stuff.

There seems to be a concerted effort from on high to keep things covered under the offical secrets act, or peeps with alt views getting smeared.

The truth will set us free.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The evidence for the Egyptians using copper and stones to work granite is very weak, but it's all the evidence we have so far... most people get that but there is also a little evidence that they might have used different methods too, methods that we have yet to discover.

I don't get why people like Harte dispute that, perhaps they got too set in their debunking ways during the ancient alien fad that it's hard to go back to being a real skeptic.

I agree. To be able to debate something you need an understanding of both sides. If this does not happen you cannot make progress.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

The evidence at granite quarries shows the use of stone pounders to rough out the granite obelisks, followed by pounding and pecking and then hand grinding.
Your personal characterization of sawing evidence as "weak" is just that, your own view.
Given that experimental cuts have been made in Aswan granite - by hand, using copper tools and sand - I don't see the weakness you refer to, since similar saw marks on granite have been seen all over Giza.
I believe I presented this very evidence in this thread (maybe it was in another one.) I note that the evidence I've given has not been addressed, nor has any attempt to refute it been made.
The evidence that slabs of granite and holes in in granite were accomplished using copper is quite strong, since sawn surfaces have been found that still contain copper oxides.

That being said, it's true that there could be many different methods that were used to augment the sawing process to make it easier, including the use of sea salt/salt water: Link

It's also true that an abrasive other than sand could have been used - emery being readily available - but sand gives the same effect in modern experiments, as I have shown by giving Denys Stock's results.

No other feasible means has been presented. Until one is, people like me have to go with the evidence.
I am uncomfortable ignoring the evidence at hand, where people like you appear to suffer from no such compunction.

Harte

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Dude or Dudette. Why you ignoring my posts to you.

Twice I have posted up images of the star holes and shown that they are not done by rotating tubular extraction as you suggested.

You told me to look closely and I would see that the holes where made by a circular device. I loaded it into vector software and looked and you where incorrect. Its not the case. Am I to presume you no longer have an opinion on this issue and that you have been debunked.

Do you have a source for your information on this or it just your imagination. Could you be so kind as to elaborate.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The top photo I can't say.
The bottom two are definitely circular radii, no matter how many ellipses you overlay.

If you're interested, you should look further into it. It could be that these holes were made simply for artistic purposes by quarry workers with power drills.
There are examples online of drilling square holes in steel and here's one where a guy had a problem with his countersink bit always making hexagonal holes: link

There are round-bit solutions to the bottom two holes. The top one looks like it was re-cut or dressed in some way after drilling.

On top of that, I've ignored exactly nothing. I replied to your post with a possible solution and link. Just because it doesn't satisfy YOU doesn't mean I ignored anything. It is not my business to make you cognitively comfortable.

Harte
edit on 2/7/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join