It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth's Magnetosphere Produces Radio Frequency Noise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The mysterious space sounds were picked up by an antenna which lies beneath the Earth's geomagnetic field lines. The scientific research team at the British Antarctic Survey (BAS) recorded their bizarre sound signals during an attempt to detect signals from lightning activity and space storms. Scientists at the Halley Research Station have sought to explain the mysterious sounds as geomagnetic storms.

These storms, produced by the Sun, take place when electrons enter the Earth’s magnetic field and generate so-called “chorus emissions”. The Earth's magnetosphere is the region of space surrounding the planet. Nigel Meredith, who has been at the remote base for nearly four years, said: “Our planet produces a wonderful variety of radio emissions. "As we know, we can't hear things in space. Since sound waves are vibrations, typically of air molecules.

Mysterious space sounds picked up in EERIE recording by remote Antarctic base

The sounds are really weird but I don't think it is Aliens. It looks like they are just geomagnetic storms. Still a very cool recording. The dude has been at at an Antarctic base for almost 4 years! Musk needs to send him to Mars.

edit on 29-12-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I just want to say that this a a horribly written article.

"...picked up by an antenna that lies beneath the earth's geomagnetic lines." Could that statement be any more vague? I know next to nothing about antennas and magnetic "field lines" and this sentence sounds EXACTLY like the type of thing I would write if I didn't do any real research on a topic but wanted to SOUND as if I know what I'm talking about.

"The earth's magnetosphere is the region of space surrounding the planet." Seriously?! The "region of space?" How far?

I feel DUMBER after having read this.

The sounds are cool though, so thank you for posting. Not your fault that the article author sucks.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Either geomagnetic storms or Earth transmitting its data to the Universe .... hard to say for sure.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I dunno what it is but it does seem kinda creepy. Things that can mess with magnets/electricity have always had a tendency to wig me out.
edit on 29-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Consider the source.

Does "The Earth's Magnetosphere Produces Radio Frequency Noise" sound like a good headline?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

A lot of articles I read are misinformed and poorly written. Between the fake news and the badly written news, true journalism is a rare find these days. But hey they got it on the web first, that's all that matters.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That's a neat recording. I hear no fewer than three and possibly four distinct "sources": "crackling" similar to thinning ice or static; "whistling" similar to cat-calls; descending "synth pad swirls"; and a sound I thought was similar to a river or stream.

My first thought was 'Are any of these sounds artifacts introduced by the technique or equipment used in producing the recordings?' Your linked article doesn't go in depth about what each specific sound represents, or how they converted them, but it appears to be several phenomena at once.

I wonder what parallels exist between geomagnetic storms and atmospheric storms such as we commonly perceive (such as wind, snow, rain, etc.).

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Dude!
Cheers, for changing your title.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It does sound like a better title, so I fixed it. I think I can get away with that in this forum. Most of the time I just copy and past the headlines.

ETA: NP thanks for the suggestion.

edit on 29-12-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I would like to know that information also. I did a quick DDG search but just found more of the same. I am going to fire up Audacity and see what the sound waves look like. I will post a screen cap if it looks interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

They aren't sound waves.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Inner Earth ET calling for a space Pizza delivery per-chance?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The frequency of the earth is a combination of every frequencythe earth creates whether from life itself or from anything from sounds created by changes occuring between night and day or from earthquakes and water hitting the shore. This complete combo usually is pretty stable overall, one sound or event buffers another sound or event. If there are a lot of storms or volcanic eruptions the frequency changes. This frequency interacts with the dna of everything in the world. it does have some changes during seasons, but remember, if it is winter here it is summer somewhere else. That frequency bounces all over the world.

They used to think that man could not survive outside of this frequency, the moon is somewhat still in this frequency. Now they used to say we could not go to mars or other planets unless we could create this frequency so we can live. I do still think this is still the case so I do not think it is feasible to go to Mars unless we have some sort of a frequency generator aboard the ship.

If we alter this frequency too much it can lead to improper cell growth. That is part of the problem with living in the unnatural electromagnetic bubbles of our homes and work places and increased cancer and disease risk.

I did not watch the videos, I would much rather read conclusions of official research on this issue. There are quite a few research articles available on this subject, some conclusive, some non conclusive. None of the articles state there is no effect of altering the frequency though, but there is disagreement on if it is enough to cause a serious and pathogenic problem. Just be aware that we should shelter ourselves for part of the day from these frequencies so we can heal and repair right, constantly staying in an unnatural bubble is probably not good.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They are in the video, they were converted to sound waves. I get your point though, you can't have sound waves from space.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Consider the source.

Does "The Earth's Magnetosphere Produces Radio Frequency Noise" sound like a good headline?

No, but I was hoping it was just a sh!tty title.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

And can't hear radio waves.
Good thing.

edit on 12/29/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Inner Earth ET calling for a space Pizza delivery per-chance?

Corey Goode does look as if he enjoys a good pizza every day or so.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Just be aware that we should shelter ourselves for part of the day from these frequencies so we can heal and repair right, constantly staying in an unnatural bubble is probably not good.

I have my tinfoil on. Did you pick up some more. I know you were getting low on it from what you said in another thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Phage

Consider the source.

No, but I was hoping it was just a sh!tty title.

Should I change it back

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The frequency analysis has a bit of a pattern, but that is not really unexpected. Nothing else jumps out at me in the wave form.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join